VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    and second sucess with 2 movies on the one dvd
    need to sort out a menu with chapters next with thumbnails if i can

finally im making use on this proccessor
    Quote Quote  
  2. @ Dog-God

So, what did you do diff to get LOTR to go? Just curious......

AIR.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DonnieH:
    I have used your tool several times now and had great success every time.
    Thanks. Glad it works for you.

dog-god:
    this is definatly the app to use when converting svcds to dvd
    Credit goes to the authors of the behind the scenes apps.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    do u know where u want to take the app in terms of extra fetures or will it be as it is with bugs fixed if there are any
    Well v.0.1.4 beta which may become v1.0 proper is nearly finished. It is more robust & handles VCDs too. After that there are 3 main features i want to add:
    • - autosensing. Point the app at a directory and it will know what to do. Handle .bins and/or .mpgs, SVCD or VCD. Even combinations of these.

- Given a directory starting point have the ability to select/deselect at the file level.

- The facility to choose external apps. e.g bbMpeg for demux instead of Mpgtx. or VCDGear instead of VCDImager for ripping images.

I will, of course, listen to what key users are telling me & include, potentially, their requests.

My big problem at the moment is hosting. My micky mouse attempts at dealing with the demand is at breaking point. 2500 downloads in less than a week and around a gig per day of bandwidth. Now i'm sure that will settle down but i can't release the next version until i sort it out. Sooo, anyone wishing to help in this area would be greatly appreciated. PM/Email me with details.

ChrissyBoy
    Quote Quote  
  5. Wow just what i need. PLease count me in ... I would love to be a beta tester for this. Many thanks

Gezzerboy@hotmail.com

Originally Posted by ChrissyBoy
    I have written a win32 .Net GUI which produces DVD compliant elementry streams or program streams for mpg2. So given a folder with say 2 x 800MB .bin svcd images it will produce either 2 x mpg (48Khz, DVD resolution) or 2 x mpv/mpa ES sets (48Khz, DVD resolution) in about 30-45 mins. These can then be used in your dvd authoring apps of choice.

The app is just a GUI wrapper for other command line apps like vcdxrip, mpgtx & besweet - all credit goes to those authors. It just means that to get dvd compliant assets from .bin files takes one mouse click!

Anyway, it works for me but there is still some work to do if it was to be made public. I will do that additional work if there is enough interest... let me know.

Quote Quote  
  6. Chrissyboy
    Xcellent piece of kit, I've a question u may be able to help me with, when I've followed your guide to the letter, it converts a svcd in around 20 minutes, the problem is when I come to author it with ulead workshop, its taking over 7 hours ????? this can't be right can it ???? for a 2 disc svcd film (around 700 mg per disc) , my system is an 1800 athlon
    with one gig of ram and three drives 7200 largest being 120 gig, am I missing something oin the settings ??? somewhere, please help, and good luck with the vcd version.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FatBloke - i suspect that you need to review your DVD workshop settings. I think you'll find something in here... https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=132189

I don't use that software so i can't comment i'm afraid, but it will be just a setting to stop it re-encodeing.

Good luck

CB
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    To Airr
    well i changed to the latest version 0.1.3.and mastero had no probs importing the video and audio
    then i came across the codecs needed to use preview
    which meant i could confirm the audio was synced ,created a very basic menu that had a picture of 2 towers and a play button,and set each of the former cds to play 1 after the other and at the end return to the menu
    compiled with master ,patched with svcdtodvdto 480 and burnt with nero

very basic but then my 2 year old dosent care as long as he can watch "EEH" as he calls it
    Quote Quote  
  9. hey guys, I am having great results with this progam in the svcd bin mode...however most of my svcds are on cds at the moment...I tried grabing the svcd mpg from the folder "MPEG2" and directed CB's program to that directory...however I get no results...the porgarm quickly flashes the dos screens and says its done, any ideas? thanks
    -Nick
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can't just start with the mpg you find in the mpgs directory on your cd. It has a different header sturcture to a normal mpg. You have a couple of choices. First you can get VCDEasy to rip the mpg directly form the cd (Mpg Tools) & then go from mpg>mpg with svcd2dvdmpg or you could get a program to build an image(.bin) from your cd(Alcohol 120% or isobuster) and then go from bin>mpg with svcd2dvdmpg. The later creates an extra step so i would recommend the former.

i may be able to incorporate option 1 into the tool in the future...

Hope you have success.

CB
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hello, wonderful program but I'm not totally satisfied with the result, but I don't know the reason to the problem. When I watch the movie on my standalone DVD player I only see about 75% of the picture. With other words, I can't see 12.5% of the right and 12.5% of left. What's the problem and what can I do about it?

Mr Android
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    - Did you repatch to 480?
    - What s/ware did you use to author the DVD? If you use Movie Factory (or on that produces a single VTS), you may have to repatch the entire VOB files to 480
    - Patching to 480 doesn't work in all cases. Some DVD playes are not up to the job. Wgat is your DVD player?

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  13. Hello, ChrissyBoy

1) No I think I used 352 (I'm at work now, not at home where I did the job). If I choose 480 it says something about VOB files so I didn't tested that

2) I'm using MovieFactory 2, and tested with both repatch the VOB files and not repatch the VOB files and I got the same results.

3) My standalone player is Pioneer 535

Should I try to use 480 in the first process? Then I use the BIN files as source?
    I haven't tested the movie in my computer, so I don't know how it looks like there.

Mr Android
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MrAndroid: 352 is a good setting for MF2. 480 is just to repatch VOBs AFTER authoring. However if you look at my guide intro page you will see a discussion on MF2 & the way it produces VTSs. In short you may need to use DVDPatcher to patch the entire VOB files as the original patched headers may be in the middle of the produced VOBs. You will need to do this for all significant VOBS(not menus though). In forecoming releases of SVCD2DVDMPG it will patch the entire file should you find yourself in this situation.

CB
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by dog-god
    To Airr
    well i changed to the latest version 0.1.3.and mastero had no probs importing the video and audio
    then i came across the codecs needed to use preview
    which meant i could confirm the audio was synced ,created a very basic menu that had a picture of 2 towers and a play button,and set each of the former cds to play 1 after the other and at the end return to the menu
    compiled with master ,patched with svcdtodvdto 480 and burnt with nero

very basic but then my 2 year old dosent care as long as he can watch "EEH" as he calls it
    lo m8 any chance of a link for these codecs?

cheers
    Quote Quote  
  17. lo again chrissyboy,

i'm still having problems

i have the latest version.....0.13 i think it is.

ok what happens is....................

i rip the cds to images using alcohol 110%..............

i start your proggy......it finds the .BIN and starts seperating the mpeg.........

when it gets to demux it says it can't find valid system header???

it still goes ahead tho and follows all the other steps.....audio imports into maestro ok but mpv says "media detecton error" like before.

it does this with every svcd i throw at it???

============================================
    so with the new ability in your proggy of working with mpegs.....

i ripped the mpeg from the cd using isobuster feature.......
    when i right click on the ripped mpeg i get this...........

D:\cd4\RULES1~1.MPE
    Mpeg 2 Program Stream File [Video/Audio]
    Muxrate : 3.16 Mbps
    Estimated Duration: 56:17.00s
    Aspect ratio 4/3 (TV)
    Not interlaced, chroma format: 4:2:0
    Size [480 x 480] 29.97 fps 2.45 Mbps
    Audio : Mpeg 1 layer 2
    224 kbps 44100 Hz
    Stereo, No emphasis
    Press any key to continue . . .
    which looks good so far????
    when i show svcd2dvd the folder it does that thing where it says its completed everything in a mili second.

help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Again we'll get there....

Firstly, we need *.mpg files. you seem to have *.mpe files....

May i suggest you use VCDEasy to extract the mpgs from the physical cd in the drive using its Mpeg Tools.

Lets see where that gets us.

Quote Quote  
  19. u are a genius

i am a thicko

i ripped with isobuster again........this time i renamed the indiscriminate file it ripped to .mpg instead of .mpeg and its found it!!!!!

lets see if it will import into maestro when its done..

i'll get back to u

cheers
    KYUSS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

only joking!

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  21. success!!!
    top work m8
    its now a go'er :P :P

i wonder why it don't work for me from .Bin files tho?

mpgtx......could this be damaging the header?

or vcdxrip?

or could it be alcohol 110% thats damaging the header?
    i'm selecting cdrwin type cue/bin image
    is that correct?

thanks for all your help m8
    gonna leave it doing the hard work tonight whilst i'm in bed and i'll author my first movie tomorrow.

cheers
    KYUSS
    Quote Quote  
  22. wow great program CB... now all we need is to condense these last 3 pages into a one page walkthrough... lol
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    i need a bit more info on the patching as my player will play the movie fine whether or not i patch the vob files to 480 at the end of authoring

also a small tip
    if u have an svcd with audio out of sync as i did last nigh
    when u are moving the assets into the movie-ie movie edit move the video file in first if u want to play around with the sync
    if u are sure the audio is perfect in the original or have a timestamped ac3 track put the audio in first and then the video

"DVDMaestro will recognize any ?timestamping? for your Dolby AC-3 (Dolby Digital) audio assets; that is, it will recognize any SMPTE/EBU timecode information that was embedding with the audio file when the file was originally digitized and encoded.
    If the audio asset is timestamped, the timecode values will appear in the Timecode Timescale ? but only if you add the audio asset to the Audio Timeline before you add a timecode-embedded video asset to the Video Timeline.
    Typically, this will not present any problems, assuming your video assets and audio assets have the same embedded timecode information. However, if the audio asset?s timecode has a start time that?s after video asset?s start time, then the audio asset will be positioned later in the Timescales than the video asset.

And what happens if the audio asset?s timecode has a start time that?s before the video asset?s start time? In this case, the audio asset?s timestamp will be ignored entirely, and the asset will simply be aligned to the start of the Timeline (i.e.: Wall Clock = ?0 seconds?)."
    Quote Quote  
  24. I just tested the program last night with the Spruce DVDMaestro
    guide and it worked great. Now have a dvd with 2 movies and a menu. Just wanted to tell the creator thank you for a wonderful program and a great guide as well.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks.

v1.0 has been released to 'helpers' & 'donators'.

Check here for the new release next week sometime.....

Quote Quote  
  26. brilliant program......takes all the hassle and hard work away.........more quality time with my girlfriend now

YIKES!

what have u done?

j/k :P

cheers m8
    Keep up the good work
    Quote Quote  
  27. CrissyBoy,

I can not gain access to your web site (http://www.garvey****er.com/). I keep getting the following: Server Error in '/SVCD2DVDMPG' Application. I would really like to gain access to the guides that you posted there. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ratdad: try http://www.svcd2dvdmpg.com

EVERYONE ELSE: if you have an issue/question UNRELEATED to this tool, I.E. a DVD Authoring issue - ASK A QUESTION IN THE FORUMS UNDER A NEW TOPIC.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Big thanks to Chrissyboy for putting this together and getting it out there.Very helpful tool.
    Thanks again,

Orc
    Quote Quote  
  30. hehe

Wow! great tool. I bought a writer yesterday because I was sick of 2 disk films. I was thinking to myself last night.. how many tools am I gonna have to learn. It seems mainly one!
    Thanks for this. I am heading over to your home page to throw some pennies your way. Thanks for the tool!
    Quote Quote