VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    I came across a little file , an (iso .img) of 692kb that once dropped onto the CDROM XA window in Toast will let you burn your .bin file in ONE STEP! Cool eh? Thing is its not anywhere to be found as far as I know. I have it and it burns the .bin file perfectly in SVCD mode. Seems like too good to be true. Bilestyle mentioned before that converting the file with Gumby first and burning in the VCD mode would make it an non-standard and would flake out on most DVD desktop players.

Go here for it : http://dsl-209-90-146-51.tor.primus.ca/

Could someone put it in the TOOLS section in www.dvdrhelp.com ? thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Guest
    I see many of you have downloaded it, any problems using it? Does it work for everyone using Toast? Give us some input please.
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by JellyBean
    I see many of you have downloaded it, any problems using it? Does it work for everyone using Toast? Give us some input please.
    Thanks.
    i ALSO said that droping the bin file into toast under xa mode was unproper as well... i guess you didn't pay attention to that part of the post.. you dont even need that small file b4 the svcd bin file in toast for it to be accepted.. and some dvd players will play that SVCD but it is NOT standard or properly burned... i said i wasn't going to reply about this again, but ppl just don't seem to listen.
    As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
    drawn outside the lines of reason.
    Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition leaving all these opportunities behind.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Guest
    Alright, I guess I have it strait now. I was sure you meant only when using Gumby and VCD mode. This is of course in XA mode now. Anyway, thanks for making this clear again. Look, I know you have to explain this and many other things often but its not as clear a topic as you may think.
    So I guess thats the end of that. I was just trying to help out.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Great little ISO thanks! I do have a problem though, maybe you have a suggestion?
    Some of the svcd files I have go over the space allowed on a disc in toast by a small amount meaning that I cannot burn the discs. Are there any solutions to this? The amount we are talking about is probably a minute at most but nevertheless toast will not burn
    I did have an idea about ripping the mpg file from my bin and editing it in Quicktime Pro (ie cutting the titles off or similar) and then making a new bin file. The problem is though that quicktime pro will not let me edit the mpg. Why would this be? Any help would be gratefully accepted.
    I have heard that it is possible to overburn discs but I need to use the ISO otherwise it will not play on my DVD player.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Guest
    Andrewski22,
    I have the same problem you have, I would like to edit these mpeg's but cannot find an app that would do this. Many will split in chunks but thats not enough...
    Quote Quote