VideoHelp Forum

Poll: My CD-Rs Are.....

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I usually use TDK. They work very well.

Never buy Durabrand. They work with nothing!

Poll submitted by: mjvgiese
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use Fuji Film made in Japan. Work in everything I have tried them in. Like TGPO said tried Durabrand worked in a few players.
    May the force be with you.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Intenso, the only brand that I have not had problems with.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have been using Fuji Film and Maxell.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Taiyo-Yuden for me.....
    Quote Quote  
  6. VERBATIM for me. NEVER HAd a problem
    Quote Quote  
  7. mostly memorex.
    i use other brands like sony,vivstar and fujifilm.

i haven't made many coasters with any brand i've used except the Hp cd-r and cd-rw that came with my writer.both failed
    Quote Quote  
  8. Infinity Professional 730mb and 900mb for video.
    JVC 700mb Audio CD-R for... well... audio!

Oh yes, unbranded to give away
    Just as a personal preference, I tend to avoid CDs that are blue on the recordable side, as they have been more inclinded to end up as coasters on my Lite On CDRW.
    Cole
    Quote Quote  
  9. Tryed loads !

But go back to Intenso for 70 & 80mb on data and vcd and kodak for audio.
    Tend to have more compatability with standalone players in the UK.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Re CDR'S

Any susgestions for a cdr with good multisession qualitys, as most branded discs I've used wont re-burn after about 20 sessions.
    And nothing to do with reaching max size of disc.

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  11. Regarding the wost cd media you ever had, check out my post about that. You can contribute to the list.

Here is the link
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=143564&highlight=
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I usually use Fuji Film and TDK.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I also forgot about Vertatim... :P
    Quote Quote  
  14. I use Imations. I got a spindle of 100 at 48x for $2 after rebates. Still going through them
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use GO TECH with no problems but will be buying another brand next time to take advantage of the speed on my new 52x burner.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I use TDKs and have never had a problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Am I right the inventors of CD-R are
    SONY, PHILIPS and TAIYO YUDEN?

Am I right they share income from EVERY cd you buy
    whether its recordable or recorded already (software or music)?

I like Taiyo Yuden banks
    I like Yamaha blanks

I like the interface in PRASSI cause it tells you your "MEMOREX" blanks are made by CMC magnetics just like the shitty "COMPUSA" brand
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use PNY and Imation when BestBuy puts them on sale. I go through quite a bit of them and have only had one or two bad burns. PNY like Imation is most likely Short Stragedy as apposed to the better Long Stragedy (whatever that means).

FujiFilm 80min. 40x (green)
    ATIP: 97m 24s 01f
    Disc Manufacturer: Taiyo Yuden Company Ltd.
    Reflective layer: Dye (Long strategy; e.g. Cyanine, Azo etc.)
    Media type: CD-Recordable
    Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
    nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 72f / LBA: 359847)
    (copied out of an email someone sent me)

For final copies, you may want to use the better stuff.

Some of these companies use the same manufacturers.

Seven
    Quote Quote  
  19. Taiyo-Yuden... commonly found in Fuji Film CDRs. They are the best blanks. They play in all my most finiky players. I also found some HP labled blanks that were TY's.

Darryl
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I like Yamaha's brand of CD-R. :P
    Quote Quote  
  21. Since i'm from Israel, we have brands which are not on the list, the mostly used one is "SilverLine" and the second is "GPT" which seem to have lots of products imported to Israel in the last year.

So when I buy 90min CDR's I buy the SilverLine brand cause the top surface is a clear Silver, and not one of those painted or with anything, so it's better for stickers.

And thanks to a couple of friends in the US, i've been using the amazing Fuji Film CDR's (80min) and they work smooth, and even the old ones that said 16x Certified work are identified as 32x on my CDRW drive!

So basicly the last 150 CDR's of 80min i've used are Fuji, and I love em!
    Email me for faster replies!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Certified Computer Technician.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mostly Taiyo Yuden and some Mitsumi. Verbatim Datalife+ for CDRW.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Umm.. The poll kinda left out Mitsui and Taiyo Yuden, the best brands around. I use nothing else.

Robert
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Imation's OK too. :P
    Quote Quote  
  25. How about MITSUBISHI? I only use their deep blue and light blue discs now
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    100 cdr for 20 bux.... they usually very in brand but recently its has been "Hypermedia".
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tempo
    How about MITSUBISHI? I only use their deep blue and light blue discs now
    Mitsubishi's an OK brand.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Soul sucking suburbia! But a different part since I last logged on.
    Search Comp PM
    Generally, either the cheap anybrand (currently: "Cybertron"!!) from the local discount store, similarly priced 30-packs of Packard Bells from PC World, or Imation/Memorex spindles.

However, Nero Burning ROM / CD Speed pick all of them up as various types of Ritek and the performance and appearance varies little apart from the label (and the anybrands being only reliable at 8x despite being marked anything from 24 thru to 48x)... so I guess they're all made at the Ritek family and then resold with clever branding

I dont really care so long as they work in the five or six devices they'll see the inside of in their lifetime (my and my family/friends CD/DVDROMs, hifi, walkman, and dvd-player) and last just long enough for a functional replacement of the important ones to be made every few years. Haven't had any total failures yet but there's been some close calls, mainly with old 2x and 4x Memorex or Samsung antiques! (one developed a decayed hole in the actual media... luckily it wasnt anything important)

And the only incompatibilities were pretty much any CDR with a 2xCDROM relic, a playstation, an 8x laptop drive, and rewritables with pretty much any audio player. Yknow. The usual.

Mind you I usually burnt at 4x in the 6x drive (out of limitation by a slow CPU and no burn-proof) and currently at 16x in a 32x drive.. both to get that extra buffer of running at "low" speed in the outer zones, and to not have the two guaranteed burnproof gaps where it ZCLVs from 16 to 24 then 24 to 32 :/ .... 16x is only about 2m slower than 32x, which coming from a couple years of burning at 4x, is nothing.. the length of a lead-out if that.
    A recently developing problem though is a loss of predictability in overburning. Used to be that I could buy a pack of the pink-embossed variety of Phillips Silverspeeds and know that they'd offer about 81m 05s of useful burning time and another 10s of buffer into which a short lead-out would go... now sometimes a disc can be cheated up to 82 or 83 minutes, and the next one from the same pack will give all kinds of burn errors from 80m 20 onwards. Most annoying.
    So I try to avoid overburning now at all costs, except to make minidisc-filler CDRs good job that the discs are no longer so expensive that it's actually a money saver.

PS
    Ritek 4 eva.
    -= She sez there's ants in the carpet, dirty little monsters! =-
    Back after a long time away, mainly because I now need to start making up vidcapped DVDRs for work and I haven't a clue where to start any more!
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by EddyH
    Generally, either the cheap anybrand (currently: "Cybertron"!!) from the local discount store, similarly priced 30-packs of Packard Bells from PC World, or Imation/Memorex spindles.
    I hate Memorex's Spindles.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Soul sucking suburbia! But a different part since I last logged on.
    Search Comp PM
    I don't buy Memorex that much anymore.. they -were- decent discs back in the day when pretty much everything cost the same £1.50 as them... but then, their prices didn't drop as fast, and so other brands got the preference.

The recent "Memorex-mas" discount 25-stack came with a new mailordered hard disc, as the best value way of getting the discount shipping and free currency calculator 8) Haven't opened it yet so can't tell if they're any good, still got a few "Imations" / rebadged Riteks left.
    -= She sez there's ants in the carpet, dirty little monsters! =-
    Back after a long time away, mainly because I now need to start making up vidcapped DVDRs for work and I haven't a clue where to start any more!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!