VideoHelp Forum

Poll: My CD-Rs Are.....

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. I've used all different kinds of brands and never had any kind of problem except CompUSA generic brand CD-Rs. They are terrible... te..e...e..e..rible!!!
    Personally I like TDK and Verbatim.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jaeshin
    I've used all different kinds of brands and never had any kind of problem except CompUSA generic brand CD-Rs. They are terrible... te..e...e..e..rible!!!
    Personally I like TDK and Verbatim.
    I like TDK and Verbatim also. :P
    Quote Quote  
  3. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Soul sucking suburbia! But a different part since I last logged on.
    Search Comp PM
    Sweet jesus... i just hope the discs on that spindle aren't anywhere near the level of thrice-distilled crap that are the Memorex CD-R 74XL semi-slim cased waste of spaces I just rediscovered. Trying to copy down all of my divx'd series onto new, sexy, huge hard disc. Most are working well. The main one that I wanted to thrust into the college share pool (besides cities of gold) however, Nadia, is on these memorexes. And they are totally ass. Seemed to work fine, or at least passably OK (like, stuff would copy off at 5x or more with my bad-tempered DVD drive, so...) when the files were written in october.. now it's april, in fact -exactly- six months later to go by the label date, and half of them can't be read. In ANY cd drive I use them in. They haven't been shocked, bent, scratched, overheated, or kept in strong direct sunlight (chance would be a fine thing on the last two, in my dorm room, like a bloody dungeon). They've just degraded that much in six short months.

And i thought Memorex was supposed to be a decent brand.

Is it (a)live... or is it Memor-dead-ex?

Bear in mind these weren't even crappy silver/light green 80/90/99s, but what you might think would be good quality discs - 74 minutes, thick gold backing layer and with a fairly dark, blue dye. You know. The expensive looking stuff. They even cost quite a lot, were just emergency rations from a local supermarket that tries to be upmarket.

This post written from a university machine three miles from my room as I tour the facilities looking for any drive that can read the five episodes and various extras still unrecovered.. running out of rooms to try, and most friends are home for easter.

Suppose this is me back to Kazaa, to spend hours at a time hunting each ep (again), or heaven forbid, onto Amazon to order the incredibly expensive DVDs (but then arent all animes... even the older ones like this). Blah.
    -= She sez there's ants in the carpet, dirty little monsters! =-
    Back after a long time away, mainly because I now need to start making up vidcapped DVDRs for work and I haven't a clue where to start any more!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You left off APPLE and PRINCO. These are by far bigger than some of the other choices listed.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Soul sucking suburbia! But a different part since I last logged on.
    Search Comp PM
    Jeeeeezus, i thought back in mid 2001 when i got those nasty CDRWs at 10 for £14.99 (hey it was a good deal then..) I'd got a batch of crappy discs.. well at least those could be erased. This memorex spindle sucks a MAJOR amount of hiney. It sort of works if you only burn about 500mb and keep both the burner and reader to 8x as a maximum. So much for their 700mb / 24x claim.

Worst thing is, in a desperation for discs at the local late hours supermarket, they only had memos left O_O talk about rock and hard place.

Just realised that I bought the first spinner cuz i confused them for Maxell.. now -theres- a quality brand..
    -= She sez there's ants in the carpet, dirty little monsters! =-
    Back after a long time away, mainly because I now need to start making up vidcapped DVDRs for work and I haven't a clue where to start any more!
    Quote Quote  
  6. I only use futashwaki-liptobusmith CD-Rs. Only the best.....
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just picked up some ritek cd-r's. seem like a nice disk!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!