VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread

1. Anyone know where to find some "official"-looking VCD logos or graphics or video sequences to use as intro graphics on S/VCD's? I thought there used to be a section on this site that had some homemade stuff but now I can't find it....

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can get them at the official site of Philips in the Netherlands.
    But I'm affraid you need to send a registring-fax, because the ZIP (whith all the official logo's ever brought out) is encrypted. They send you the password when they received your fax.
    Anyway, it's free, but you got to do something for it (sending the fax). You could say this is "PostWare".
    Quote Quote  
  3. BTW, it also depends on exactly what you need the logos for...

The PDF file while accompanies that encrypted zip file with all the logos, actually has pictures of all the logos. If you zoom in and do a screen capture, you can get the logos that way...

I'm sure that the quality wouldn't be as good, but considering that the printed logo is only supposed to be 1-2 cm wide anyway, you will probably not notice the difference.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  4. Go to http://logo.nino.ru/main/ and do a search for "video cd" or "dvd" or anything else you're looking for.
    There are plenty of logos to choose from - interestingly the best ones are those made by me
    They are in EPS format though, you will need either Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator to use/export them, although there are usable GIF thumbnails too.

Or if you're really bored here are some direct download links:

http://logo.nino.ru/main/download.phtml?id=31658

http://logo.nino.ru/main/download.phtml?id=31659

http://logo.nino.ru/main/download.phtml?id=31660

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SupaCoopa on 2001-09-10 11:08:16 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  5. so what font do you use for the video cd text ? if you dont mind telling?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Irfan View also opens eps format
    Quote Quote  
  7. also photoshop 6 opens them up no probles
    Quote Quote  
  8. Video567, I didn't use a specific font for the text, I scanned the logo from a leaflet and traced it (ie converted bitmap graphic to vector). It seemed to me this font is somewhere between Helvetica and AvantGarde, but not either.
    Photoshop 6 indeed opens EPS files, but sometimes it scrambles the image. Microsoft Word can also import EPS but plays the devil with the dimensions.

Hope people found these logos useful.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Great find Supa

Are you using these as menu backgrounds or what?

I'd still like to get some type of animation so my compilations look a little more professional.
    Quote Quote  
  10. im using a intro i made for all my vcds Of cource my nick name is los so the intro starts out with LOS in big letters burning then i used the eps files suppa posted and edited them to say los (()) video cd and i made them into a water mark on the lower left corner of my videos to show up in 20 minute intervals for about a minute each time.. nothing fancy but makes me feel important. haha since all the vcds i have are of home made videos i send to my mom and pops and few family friends i dont think its a big deal .. I HOPE! maybe this can give you and idea.. i do have a few video intros i created for myself i dont have a place to postthem but i can zip them up and let you all see my intros if you want they are each under 700ks. if you are interested you can email me at cowboyferrier@hotmail.com
    Quote Quote  
  11. Frogster, I put those logos on the cover of the VCDs I make (just as DVD covers bear the official logo somewhere) and also as a splash screen before the movie starts.

I had a go at making an animated intro and actually came out quite good, used the "DVD resembling" logo and it fades in, revolves a couple of times and fades out. It also has sound, used the "SoundBlaster Thunder" sound which is stereo and makes a good impression.

A good and VERY simple program for this purpose is Xara3D
    http://www.xara.com/products/xara3d/features/

I wish the "VCD Intro" of this site was back somehow so that people could share their creations. I have some free web space but it won't accept MPGs or AVIs to upload. Anyone knows of a free web space provider that lets you put these kind of files on?
    Quote Quote  
  12. video567, your intro sounds pretty good. i'd be interested in seeing it somehow. i want to make a 5-10 sec intro for my "exciting" home videos.

SupaCoopa, we should find a place to put intros. i'll look around to see if i can come up with something.
    I forgot about that soundblaster thunder sound. I'll have to use that.

Quote Quote  
  13. hi all i got a webspace that holds 100 mgs nothing fancy but i will be adding my 3 vcd intros to it is has an ftp so you can upload and also a web upload if you want to upload any of your intros email me and ill send you a pass word i will upload my files tonite when i get home for work .. they are in zip format. the webpage wont be anything fancy just a text of the name so you can click and download with the size of the file and a small definition.. maybe we an add a small screen capture of it? any ideas? cowboyferrier@hotmail.com
    Quote Quote  
  14. That's a great idea. I think a screenshot of the intro would work great.

100MB isn't alot, but intros are usually pretty short.

Perhaps we could put intros up with low resolutions and high compression (such as divx) so more will fit. Then, if someone wants a better copy of someone else's intro, they can email the author to get it.
    Quote Quote  
  15. hi all i made a community in MSN at http://communities.msn.com/VCDIntros/
    i already posted my intros there. go check them out. download them. upload yours. IT IS NOT THE GREATEST place to do this but its free and a quick temporary fix. i hope we can manage something useful there. thank you
    Quote Quote  
  16. Hi

I am new to this group but I have made a VCD intro that you may wish to see. (basically its just the word VCD twisting into the vcd logo) Click the page below then download as my ISP is a little picky on linking files.

home.adelphia.net/~battra92/intro.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Battra92 on 2001-09-14 22:39:59 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  17. hi do you want to post it in the link i posted above? mayve we can build a nice intro source?
    Quote Quote  
  18. wow your intro its pretty cool like the sound also
    Quote Quote  
  19. I have added Video CD & DVD logos that have been posted around. I may try to make an animated logo this weekend.

Why on the MSN site does it add .sit to the extension on download of the animated logo?

(I just take off the .sit and it works fine now)

What is an ACE file?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kitty on 2001-09-17 22:57:49 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  20. i dont know why it adds a sit file. did you get them to unzip? maybe they have to be renamed as zip files? an ace file you have to use a program called winace to decompress them.
    Quote Quote  
  21. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-09-14 22:45:13, video567 wrote:
    hi do you want to post it in the link i posted above? mayve we can build a nice intro source?
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

Sure, but that MSN group thing is a little confusing. I guess I have to get an MSN account. But I can post it there I suppose.

And Thanks for the compliment on the Intro, making the VCD Logo in Paint Shop pro took a while to get it up to the standard I wanted (considering that my source image was on the back of one of my VCD's and I tried to copy as best I could) I am gonna work on another one soon.

Quote Quote  
  22. I made a good motion logo in Xara3D but the demo version has a funky background. Too bad as I put alot of work into it.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Kitty, have a look at your private messages on this site.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Battra, nice job
    Quote Quote  
  25. There are some nice new VCD logos in GIF format in the photo section donated by Duke.

Anyone making VCDs should take advantage of the logos on the site http://communities.msn.com/VCDIntros/
    Quote Quote  
  26. hi all thanks for supporting the vcd intro in msn.. i tryied emailing the vcdhelp.com people to see if they list it and maybe get more poeple involved. i know my few intros i have made and thankfully with the new images donated by you the wonderfull people here in this forum i was able to make a nice vcd for my work and they where really impressed. they thought it looked evry profesional. by placeing a water mark that said "los vcd " in a few places and my generic intros plus the video i converted in itself i already have a few people that want me to make them some VCDS of their personal videos. granted they want to have their own watermarks and stuff but thats not a big deal. i can still stick my own in a few places to tagg it as my work.. just wanted to share my experience and thank all of you who have contributed.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    video567: is there an other place where we can see/download the intro's you mentioned? From the MSN-community-site, I get the message that the server is down (what's new) and yesterday it generated a page to ask my birthday, after which an error was displayed (site unknown or something like that).
    Quote Quote  
  28. How about posting more mpeg intros without LOS on them?
    Quote Quote  
  29. I'm suprised there aren't already a bunch of sites with intros.

video567 has done a great job
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    Whoa, nice... What program was used to animate the text like that so that it twists and emerges as a new image? That's an excellent tool which I now NEED just because of what it can do.
    irc.webmaster.com port 6667 #DDR
    Quote Quote