VideoHelp Forum

Poll: I Drive A....

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Soul sucking suburbia! But a different part since I last logged on.
    Search Comp PM
    racer-X.... oneday, one day.. takes so bloody long to get bike licenses round here though, still recovering from getting drivers licenses. and it would only be a 'toy', because it kinds of limits what you can do with it other than zip around at speed.

silky - midlife crisis?
    (mmm, MGB. class.)
    -= She sez there's ants in the carpet, dirty little monsters! =-
    Back after a long time away, mainly because I now need to start making up vidcapped DVDRs for work and I haven't a clue where to start any more!
    Quote Quote  
  2. so silky, so nice.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by EddyH
    silky - midlife crisis?
    (mmm, MGB. class.)

Oi, I'm only 31 (hence silky31, well, that was a year ago!)
    Nah, it's my second MG, kind of a boyhood thing, you know?
    Don'y wanna' be 50, fat, and thinking I'm cool
    Best to have it now while I'm still young-ish!
    Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    deleted...duplicated......sorry
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    can i borrow your gearbox? please? just til i can get mine fettled.

oh and the seats... tyres... brake discs....

Back after a long time away, mainly because I now need to start making up vidcapped DVDRs for work and I haven't a clue where to start any more!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hey EddyH,

I feel your pain man. I hear the traffic over there in london is murder. Anyway I've been riding bikes for 28 yrs and I still get a kick out of going down a nice country road popin' a cool wheely!

Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I drive a 1998 Dodge Dakota with a few special Mods. Its real kewl to have a 5.1 sourrond system in the truck and a 15 inch widescreen LCD in the dash Baby. The sounds at the beginning of Cliffhanger are just Awesome. I can't wait to play Raiders of the Lost Ark while reclining back in my frontseat.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Hehe... just in case of future confusion.

My first name is not actually Eddy, or anything beginning with E.
    My surname is not actually Hitler, or anything beginning with H.
    And I don't actually live in London (and would hate to - it's not a town i have ever enjoyed visiting).

But the TV character whose name (though, not face, as pics are hard to come by online now - guess bbc cracked down) I have stolen lives there

Plenty of wide open divided 4-lane expressway, fast-ish rural routes and little country lanes around here, as well as the moderate traffic that builds up on "Xxyyzz"'s three main roads around 8 til 10am and 3 til 5.30pm every day.
    But still the gears need a fixin'
    (first, however, i'm getting those nasty, broken-down brake discs replaced, as i prefer the car to 'not go' than to 'not stop').
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by EddyH
    Hehe... just in case of future confusion.

My first name is not actually Eddy, or anything beginning with E.
    My surname is not actually Hitler, or anything beginning with H.
    And I don't actually live in London (and would hate to - it's not a town i have ever enjoyed visiting).
    What a co-incidence, my name ain't Will Hay, nor do I live at Buggleskelly Railway Station.
    Will
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Silky31
    What a co-incidence, my name ain't Will Hay, nor do I live at Buggleskelly Railway Station.
    Will
    Is Buggleskelly Railway Station not for real? I know Will Hays and the railway station have got to do with the comedy film, Oh, Mr Porter!

I really don't know about this film, must be an excellent comedy well over 65 years ago.

What is your real name and where is exactly your location? You ain't Will are you?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Chriscjgs
    Originally Posted by Silky31
    Will
    Is Buggleskelly Railway Station not for real? I know Will Hays and the railway station have got to do with the comedy film, Oh, Mr Porter!

I really don't know about this film, must be an excellent comedy well over 65 years ago.

What is your real name and where is exactly your location? You ain't Will are you?
    My real name is Rob and I'm in Yorkshire, England
    Will
    Quote Quote  
  12. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    for the next hundred miles im going to end up stopping a half mile short of every junction.. found out that, without the alarming judder coming thru the wheel, it's a lot harder to tell if and how hard i'm braking, and have also discovers extensions of the pedal travel that i (and my forehead) didnt know existed. just in awe of how much those old brakes and tyres were crapped out, though still being perfectly legal.

=poll=
    have you checked =your= tyres, brakes, oil, air, battery, cambelt, seatbelt, pants belt, van allen belt recently?
    could lead to

PS Mark, Bangor, Wales.
    Word.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Some one knows a FIAT 147 Tucan....... Italian ensambled in Brasil.....That was my car until I was 21.....Long time has passssssssss.
    Some Day I will…..
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Real Men Drive Fords!!

And Bass Boats

(;-{> Dd
    Strength and Honor
    www.dvd9to5.com
    www.dvd9to5.com/forum/
    "For every moment of truth there's confusion in life"
    Black Sabbath/Ronnie James Dio
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have had a Nissan Navara 4 x 2 utility for the last three years. It has a 2.4L 4cyl petrol engine and it goes pretty well (and uses up the fuel doing it too!).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I love driving my Audi
    Quote Quote  
  17. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Christ this was a long time ago...... since then i have

* fixed the brakes
    * enjoyed the brakes! (though the tyres didnt!)
    * enjoyed learning how to wrest the very, very best out of a 45 horsepower, 4 speed, 1750lb (850kg) car shaped like a brick, with amusing jelly suspension. You'd be very surprised at the progress you can make in such circumstances when you put your mind to it. Just like in a mini, but with a lot more body roll.
    * replaced a whole lot more on it, it's been an education in what you can do yourself and what needs the paid service of an experienced craftsman - oil and filters many times, washer fluid, wipers, mirror glass, license plates, bulbs, coolant, thermostat, temp sensor, plugs, distributor cap and rotor, ignition leads (three sets!), brake fluid, rear brake shoes and cylinders (nightmare!), fuel tank and filler hose, tyres (wider.. just), seats (cosmetic), seat runners, pedal box, clutch, gearbox oil, instruments (cosmetic), door (accident), cambelt (at recco. interval, it didnt break!), new aerial (utter pain to do!), rust correction and minor respraying....... thing was a sodding money pit!
    * all the same i changed the stereo, speakers, wheels (silver, but not alloys..) and even tried chipping it (wahey, 46hp..)
    * eventually, knackered the engine - it might be made out of granite and diamond, but there's only so much 5000+ rpm running (85-90mph on a 16.8/1000 top gear) any 6500-redline motor can take.
    * now attempting to get my ass in gear to repair the piston rings whilst motoring around in my new, bigger, faster, safer, thirstier, distressingly silver (what an awful colour!) ride... i'll get it done eventually, just you see.
    * oh yeah, and i moved town, finished studenting, and have gone through about three jobs before settling into some semblance of a career. its amazing what £10k a year can do to your spare cashflow when you were on about £7.5k before.

whee!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Car-93 Intrepid
    Truck-93 F-150
    SUV-Not now
    Van-02-E-150 (company, but all mine, most miles per week in this one)
    MC-72- Triump 650 Bonniville (Basket case)
    Bicycle-Huffy 18 speed (When the neighbors don't see me)
    Shoes- Redwing work boots (Speed laced waffle stompers, for putting out fires when things go wrong and for lighting fires under asses when things ain't going fast enough!)
    IS IT SUPPOSED TO SMOKE LIKE THAT?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    my mama a crazy. She's a no like a me.
    Quote Quote  
  20. '94 Dodge pickup, but I really miss my '90 Toyota 4x4 1/2 ton 'rice burner' :P

Sabro
    www.sabronet.com - It's all you need...to know
    Quote Quote  
  21. SUV, and Honda CrotchRocket
    Quality is my policy.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Where's the option for Segway?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1997 Nissan Quest MiniVan (chick magnet with 3 yr old in it at the mall) (without wife of course!)

2003 Honda Civic

1986 Honda V45 Magna

Drive them all equally, except for motorcycle in winter!!
    Fun in the sun, Oh no my friend, Fun on the sun!
    Quote Quote  
  24. Toyota 2005 Matrix

Actualy I though the topic was going to cover. Are you still driven with the price of fuel???
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So glad this topic came back to life.
    Quote Quote