VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
  1. I know what the problem for this issue for error from RecordNox Max 4.5 "terminated with errors"

The issue is that when users follow your DVD2one step, DVD2One does not create the VTS_01_0.vob file, VTS_02_0.vob, etc, etc in the Part 2 folder. They need those files in the VIDEO_TS folder to work correctly. User will get this error in Record Now Max 4.5

They can turn on the error by going into Tools/Options/Data Disc/ and uncheck "Recognize the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS per DVD specification"

If you burn the DVD without the VTS_01_0.vob file, VTS_02_0.vob, etc, etc file it may not work correctly in a stand alone DVD player but may only work on the computer DVD player.

Thanks,
    Bigtpun
    Quote Quote  
  2. VTS_01_0.VOB shouldn't have been moved out of VIDEO_TS in the first place... it states that all the vts_xx_O.vob stay in video_ts. so it should work fine if you follow those instructions!!!
    Quote Quote  
  3. I don't see why this post keeps going? It was great before but not needed now. version 1.1.1 DVD2one makes it easy. You can upgrade for free.

Quote Quote  
  4. I have a small problem. I have followed this guide exactly. Everything goes fine till i come to burn with nero. It then says i have a reallocation failure.
    Any help on this would be good,
    Thanx
    Quote Quote  
  5. reallocation failure doesn't mean anything, just go ahead and burn it... it should work fine......
    Quote Quote  
  6. HEY

IF U KEEPS THE FILES IN THE VIDEO_TS FOLDER
    WILL IT STILL PLAY AUTOMATICALLY IN A STAND ALONE PLAYER
    ANYONE KNOW
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm trying to figure out since DVDXCopy 1.5 doesn't recognize all the files on my Miss Marple episodic disk, is it possible to split them somehow with another method? It's too pixelated if I try to put it all on one disk. I use Barry's method for most episodic stuff and it works flawlesly. However, when I have something huge (like these Miss Marple movies both stuffed on one disk), I need to be able to split it on to two separate disks to maintain quality. Is there a method for this as well?

Thanks guys!

Dennis
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by pichopanu
    reallocation failure doesn't mean anything, just go ahead and burn it... it should work fine......
    I have tried but nero will not let me continue, just states this message and aborts
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all! I must say, this guide is great! I have made excellent copies of most of my DVD's. The only time I have run into a problem, it turns out to be something I've over looked.

I do have one problem I've met on a few occasions while using IFOUpdate v0.70. The error I keep getting reads:
    ERROR: The new IFO file has more cells than the original. ABORTING

Can anyone help me with this??What does it mean, how can I remedy this issue?

I must add that the movie will play with this error, but I get the following problem below in IFOUpdate.....
    I'm backing up The Hustler and I keep getting this Picture in Picture feature interlaced within the original movie. What happens is that a part of the P.I.P plays and then gets repeated with the original scene. Is this an issue of angles or is there a better way around it?

Thanks to all for any input for a DVD=R newbie
    'I can believe anything, provided that it is quite incredible.'
    -Oscar Wilde
    Quote Quote  
  10. Great Turorial dude!!!
    Excelent.. simple .. and efficient...
    i have already tried a few times... and it always worked...
    but now i have a problem...

you see ... i'm a newbie in this matters, may be what i want is very simple...

I have a movie called original sin that has a huge VTS_01_0.VOB file (about 850 Megs)... I have already processed the separated titles like you said.. but this way i am unable to cut on the size of the VTS_01_0.VOB file... My problem now is that file is too big and the whole thing doesn't fit onto a DVD.....

IS THERE ANY WAY THAT AFTER I DID ALL THE STUFF WITH THE VTS_XX_X.VOB reencode the VTS_01_0.VOB and then burning the resulting DVD?????
    Quote Quote  
  11. I have been using so many methods to rip DVD but I think this is the One. As long as you keep the menus and throw some extra huge special features away, you'd have a very good and decent quality-ripped DVD.

But when I try to burn the disc with Nero 5.5.10.20 I get an error message saying DVD-Video file reallocation fail and then the name of the main movie VOB file (usually the one which DVD2One makes the movie shorter 1 file name). I try to continue anyway and it plays ok on the standalone DVD player. The question is: Shouldn't IFO_Udate take care of this or is it just Nero problem?
    Quote Quote  
  12. I have used this guide but have encountered some problems with the burning process.

I burned my first copy with Nero into a DVD-RW. It play backed fine in my PC and in a Thomson standalone player, but not in another Thomson player.
    I thought it was due to the fact that I used a DVD-RW and so I made another copy using RecordNow Max. I don't know if it was a problem with the DVD-R, but although it reported to be successful, I had playback problems with the first Thomson player (jumps, green pixels, etc) and it didn't even playback in the other one.
    I made a copy of the DVD-RW of the film into another DVD-R using Nero and...it only works in my computer and it doesn't work in any of the two Thomson DVD players.
    I don't know what can be wrong. If I have two exact copies (using Nero) of a film, one in a -RW and the other in a -R I can only play the -RW it in one of my Thomson!
    Has anyone encountered similar problems? What could be wrong? The recording software? Incompatibilities between the standalone players and the DVD-R brand I used?
    Any help?s apreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This guide is quite old when DVD2ONE couldn't do full disk copy, but with the latest version of DVD2ONE you can copy a full DVD very easily. I advise everyone to use the latest version of DVD2ONE.

Best Regards.

Barry
    God's in his heaven... All's right with the world!
    Robert Browning (1812 - 1889)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello

Nice guide but just a thought here ...
    For those who want to save all the hassle and what not here is what I do:

I back up the disk in FULL-DISK mode which compresses everything equally so your final DVD-R is just like the original ... in other words all menus and extras.

IF the quality is not acceptable then I make a second back up using MOVIE only mode and cut out any of the audio and/or subs that I don't need.

If I do that extra step then I just put both DVD-R discs in a DVD type case that holds two DVD-R discs. Afterall such cases can be bought that are the same size as a single disc holding DVD case so it's not like you are taking up any extra room and if you like to copy the artwork from the original it will still fit just as nice.

Now when I want to watch the movie I watch the movie only version ... if I want to check out the extras I put in the full-disk back up version.

Of course this requires using 2 DVD-R discs but not every movie in FULL-DISK back up mode loses enough quality to warrant a second MOVIE ONLY version.

After all DVD-R discs are rather cheap.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

*** EDIT ***
    I just wanted to add that the guide does seem kewl because IF I am understanding it correctly you can compress the extras MORE while compressing the MAIN MOVIE part less. That is a nice idea BUT I have to admit that going through ALL those steps in the guide is too much of a pain-in-the ass for ME. However, in respect to the author of the guide, that is my sorry lazy ass fault and not the fault of the guide :P
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by BarryHL
    This guide is quite old when DVD2ONE couldn't do full disk copy, but with the latest version of DVD2ONE you can copy a full DVD very easily. I advise everyone to use the latest version of DVD2ONE.

Best Regards.

Barry
    But if you copy a full DVD using DVD2one you still have to edit the IFO's afterwards, right?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The new version merely transcodes all files, no need to mess with ifos because all files are there, just smaller.
    Jim
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you reduce the sizes of the files then the IFOs will need updating but the new version of DVD2ONE does that for you too. So you don't have to worry about any of that.

Best Regards.

Barry
    God's in his heaven... All's right with the world!
    Robert Browning (1812 - 1889)
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey, i just wanted to know what the opinions were for full disk mode in dvd2one. i am using v. 1.13. so far i've used the guide, my modifications to the guide, and full disk mode. all seem to be working fine.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BarryHL
    Just thought that I would mention that I successfully backed up the "Back to the Future Trilogy" using this method and it worked great with good picture quality.

Best Regards.

Barry
    I too am trying to backup my "Back to the Future Trilogy" following your guide, but I don't understand in PART 2 - CREATE SUITABLE FOLDERS.
    You say "2) Cut VTS_01_1.VOB and move into "VTS_01 Part 1" (Don't Copy VTS_01_0.VOB)." How are you cutting them?? Do you mean Cut & Paste or are you using some kind of cutting software?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ok i figured out the previous part with the cut, now i am having a problem with PART 4 - CONVERT THE .VOB FILES WITH DVD2ONE, when i run DVD2ONE, it isn't creating VOB files. I have tried this with 1.22 & 1.13 any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Hello,

I've looked at this guide briefly and am confused about it's purpose. I thought DVD2One transcodes/compresses a DVD-9 to DVD-5 and keeps the menu and extras by default. So what is the purpose of separating the title sets, compressing them separately, and THEN putting them back together??? Is this a way to "fine tune" the compression applied to each title set, versus using the DVD2One default for the entire DVD?

Confused,

kmfritz
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Barry,

Its a good guide. How do you compare this guide and by using the DVD shrink?

Regards,

Sam
    Sam Ontario
    Quote Quote  
  23. Hope I am not too late to post this.

Your guide is excellent but it seems to need updating. I was not able to find many of the suggested tools, namely,

Tools required:
    Part 6a - Make-It-Easy (If you download this you do not need IFO Update)
    Part 6b - IFO Update (If you download this you do not need Make-It-Easy)
    Part 7a - RecordNow Max (Use this rather than Nero)

Will you please update the Guide, or, give the right/uodated links to the software needed?

Thanks
    Last edited by ConverterCrazy; 23rd Mar 2011 at 05:46. Reason: Typos
    Quote Quote  
  24. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The guide was written 7 years ago. Just use something else instead, like dvdfab or dvdshrink.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Holy Back From The Dead, Batman!
    Quote Quote  
  26. Hi Baldrick,

I was able to use IFOedit and dvdfab and get desired results.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote