VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the fix "alx", I added it to the guide.

Best Regards.

Barry
    God's in his heaven... All's right with the world!
    Robert Browning (1812 - 1889)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have added a section to the guide for burning a DVD with "Nero".

Best Regards.

Barry
    Quote Quote  
  3. I retried Lion King 2 this morning, with method 6a, and it gave me the same random jumps in the movie...

Tonight, I'm up to method 6b, and IFOUpdate gives me the error "The new IFO file have more cells than the original"...

Frustrated !
    Quote Quote  
  4. Tonight, I finally have time to try this guide with another movie, The Sound of Music. First, I tried using 6a, but I got msg "ERROR: DVD2one Destination IFO not found. Aborting"; Then I tried using method 6b. The error this time is "Run time error - Path not found"..... and in the Analyzing the ORIGINAL IFO for characteristics section, I have "This IFO has multiple PGCs (a total 2). - Recommend IFOEDIT/CCE method for conversion". Is there another step for these "multiple PGC" IFO's?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Here is a possible solution for those having problems with the IFOEDIT piece.

I have no idea why this seems to work, but it did.

For Every set of VOBs and VTS you do, close IFOEDIT after you are done and restart it for the next set.

I had a problem once much like many of the errors and just restarted, tried the exact same method and it worked fine.

I give no promise that this will work, but it can't hurt to try, seeing as it takes about 5 seconds to close it and open it back up.
    Quote Quote  
  6. mreed80,

The Lion King 2 I'm trying to backup has only one set of VOB's to convert, and therefore I only use IFOEdit once, and it still gives me a random-jumping movie

By the way, in my last post, I mentionned that the result was the same with Lion King 2.

I just wanted to be more precise : although I still get a movie that randomly jumps, it doesn't jump in the same spots as it did with the original recipe (when steps 6a/6b were just step 6). Now, it's really weird, in that the movie will kinda skip like a broken record on a 3-4 second sequence for about 4 times, then go a bit further, then skip again on a 3-4 second sequence for another 4 times, and so on...

Does someone else here have Lion King 2 ? Can you confirm that the current guide (with step 6a) results in a skippy movie ? Can anyone go to their local video store to rent it and try it out ?

Is it possible that Lion King 2 (and other movies) have features that are not "covered" by this guide ?

We should all try the same movie that many of us have had trouble with...

What other movies don't work ?

By the way, I have the canadian version of the Lion King 2 movie.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Have you tried other movies yet?
    It could just be the original disc perhaps. I know I was trying to do a Six Feet Under disc and it was erroring out on my, but then did a different one and it worked perfect.
    Obviously this isn't an exact science yet, so there are certain to be problems and you might have unfortunately run into one of them.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I would just like to say thank for the guide, it works great. I backed up Save the Last Dance without any problems. I also found that DVD's have a VOB file that is about 20MB or so, and you can copy that and replace it for any extra features that you don't want so you don't lose space and quality. Again, great guide, alot easier then padding and removing the padding.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by mreed80
    Have you tried other movies yet?
    It could just be the original disc perhaps. I know I was trying to do a Six Feet Under disc and it was erroring out on my, but then did a different one and it worked perfect.
    Obviously this isn't an exact science yet, so there are certain to be problems and you might have unfortunately run into one of them.
    Well, I did try other movies. Snow White does seem to work with this guide, but Disney's Dinosaur doesn't, and neither does Lion King 2. As far as my original DVD being bad, then it wouldn't play correctly in the first place I imagine...

I guess I'm just hoping that a real expert in the DVD's structure can come here, read the thread, and pinpoint where there's something missing, if at all...

Like you said, we are somewhat pioneers in what we do, and I'm sure that a couple of months from now we'll be laughing about it. All I can say is that for DVDs that do work, Barry's guide is the best I've found so far. For other DVDs, I guess I'm stuck with backing up the movie only with DVD2One...

Oh well.

PS: (I would REALLY love it if someone would try backing up Lion King 2... Come on guys, it's only a couple of bucks at the rental store
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I done a small update to the guide in part 4, where snakedjip hosted a program by alx to work out sizes.

Best Regards.

Barry
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would like to do a part in the guide for using CCE or another transcoder rather than DVD2ONE, if anyone here knows how to do this using other transcoders, then tell me the steps involved and Iwill test it and add it to the guide.

Best Regards.

Barry
    Quote Quote  
  12. I tried to use the guide to backup the dvd : The Scorpion King, but Make-It-Easy reports errors, something like 'vts_11_0.vob out of boundary', then it aborts and it doesnt seem to update the IFOs properly, because when I try to play the transcoded verion of the movie in PowerDVD, only the movie plays; I cant get to the menus, or the extras...
    Quote Quote  
  13. Congrats on the guide, it is by far the best I've ever seen. I have a question regarding the subtitles: when I play the finished disc in my standalone, I get green and fuzzy subtitles. Anything I can do?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Sauber
    I tried to use the guide to backup the dvd : The Scorpion King, but Make-It-Easy reports errors, something like 'vts_11_0.vob out of boundary', then it aborts and it doesnt seem to update the IFOs properly, because when I try to play the transcoded verion of the movie in PowerDVD, only the movie plays; I cant get to the menus, or the extras...
    Hmm i'm not to sure why it's doing that, have you tryed using IFO Update instead?

Best Regards.

Barry
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by chimaera15
    Congrats on the guide, it is by far the best I've ever seen. I have a question regarding the subtitles: when I play the finished disc in my standalone, I get green and fuzzy subtitles. Anything I can do?

Thanks.
    I have never heard of that problem before, do you get the same problem when playing it on your computer before and after burned onto DVD?

Best Regards.

Barry
    Quote Quote  
  16. Ok, but what happen if I take out some extra's lets say an audio stream.
    Will the movie stop, or shall it return to the main menu.

Because I did Toy story 1. Take out the stream I didn't need when I had to do DVD2ONE.
    And when I put it in my Playstation 2 it's say's unreadable disc after the 1st menu where i can choose to watch it in english, french or dutch.

Is this normal behaviour if I take out audio streams, or did I forgot something???
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I copied "Back To The Future" it also didn't like it when I took out certain audio streams. For some reason if you take out audio streams some DVDs stop working, I don't know why. If anyone knows a fix for this problem then please post it here.

Best Regards.

Barry
    Quote Quote  
  18. Just as a note, I backed up Minority Report and it worked just fine.

Also though, if you have the VIDEO_TS from one of these movies that don't work on your machine still, try it in IFOEDIT and see what it says under audio.

Check to see if it is recognizing it. It normally just says English, I'm curious if it is blank or something.

There has to be a way to at least check for this problem before you waste a disc burning it.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hi

Your guide is really awesome barry, i only find one thing missing. I was trying ripping Shrek R2 and the VIDEO_TS.VOB has 300MB and the VTS_01_0.VOB has 900MB.How can i rip this menus?

The menus have English, Spanish and Portuguese, and i want to know if it's also possible to rip the Spanish menu.

Thanks in advance and keep the good work

Pedro Oliveira
    Quote Quote  
  20. Strange,

On my ps2:
    The copy with the ripped streams doesn't work. But when I hit play after the error the disc continues without a problem.

The copy with everything included works.

On a jvc, a sony and a scott:
    Both work like a charm

Maybe it has to something with the ps2.
    Quote Quote  
  21. BarryHL,

I followed your guide to copy sound of music on dvd +rw. But I am getting an error " data job untitled1 terminated with errors" when I initiate the burn process on Record Now max 4.50 version. I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

csdey
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not to sure what the problem could be I haven't had one like that yet. have you tried playing the video_ts folder on you computer with a program like WinDVD?

Best Regards.

Barry
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I updated the guide so that there is 2 ways to burn with nero.

Best Regards.

Barry
    Quote Quote  
  24. This guide is very helpful, and worked brilliantly. I do have a question regarding a DVD with 2 versions. I have a DVD with the 'original' version and 'directors cut' version. The directors cut appears to be stored in different places of the VOB files. When you start the DVD you are asked which version you want to watch.
    My problem is the DVD is a DVD-9 disc and the compression results in ugly pixellation, so I would like to just rip the movie but am unsure as to how to get the 2 versions on to one DVD.

Help, advice etc. greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well if both versions of the movie are within the same Vob set, lets say VTS_01.

1) Create two folders "VTS_01-IN" and VTS_01-OUT"
    2) Take all the vobs starting from VTS_01_1.VOB and put them in "VTS_01-IN".
    3) Run ifoedit and tell it to create ifos for the .VOBs within "VTS_01-IN".
    4) Run DVD2ONE to transcode the files in "VTS_01-IN" to "VTS_01-OUT".
    5) Update the ifo within "VTS_01-OUT" using one of the methods in my guide.
    6) Rename the "VTS_01-OUT" to "VIDEO_TS" and burn to DVD.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Barry
    Quote Quote  
  26. Hi BarryHL.

Hi ripped some movies with your guide with sucess. Your guide is very useful.
    But my question is, how to rip files _0 and menus? For instance SHREK Region2 has menus of 200M and 900M. And ther DVD of Queen the menus are in VTS_xx_0.VOB. I tried to rename it to _1 create IFO's and rip it, but the DVD doesn't work correctly

Can you help me?

Thanks

Pedro Oliveira
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not too sure on how to compress the menu. I have tried it a few different ways as well and it even worked on my pc but when i put it into my dvd player it didn't.

I will look further into it. if anyone knows how to compress the menus without getting a problem then please post how to do it here and I will update my guide with the info so that it will help everyone.

UPDATE: I tryed this and it didn't work

1) Menu file within the matrix is "VTS_02_0.VOB"(50MB).
    2) Tookout menu file and put into folder "VTS_02_0 Part 1".
    3) Renamed "VTS_02_0.VOB" to "VTS_01_1.VOB".
    4) Created IFOs with IFO edit.
    5) Transcoded VOB file in "VTS_02_0 Part 1" with DVD2ONE to "VTS_02_0 Part 2".
    6) Renamed VOB file in "VTS_02_0 Part 2" to "VTS_02_0.VOB".
    7) Copied "VTS_02_0.VOB" back to the "VIDEO_TS" folder.

I tryed to play the movie with WinDVD Platinum, It went past all the guff to the menu but when you select an option it crashes.

I tryed these exact same steps for "Neon Genesis Evangelion" and it worked fine.

If anyone knows where I am going wrong please say.

Best Regards.

Barry
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone know of a method to check the DVD to see if it works before burning it to a DVD?

Best Regards.

Barry
    Quote Quote  
  29. Hi BarryHL.

Thx for your fast answer.

One way to see the dvd in the hardrive, is to make a ISO image of the files, and then with DaemonTools put it as a virtual drive and see it

I hope it helped...

Pedro Oliveira
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know how to check a movie on my pc with WinDVD platinum. it has an option "Play DVD From Folder" but just because the movie plays on your PC doesn't mean it will work in a DVD player.

Best Regards.

Barry
    Quote Quote