VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)

Poll: I Label My Disks With......

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Sharpie Pen

Poll Idea by ZippyP.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I must be living in a box or something but what the hell is a sharpie? I just use a black marker.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sharpie Pen for most things, CD/DVD Labels for stuff I want to keep and for when I can't find the sharpie I like to guess.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not to be anal but about a year or so ago after starting with VCD's, I bought Amaray style cases (the nice two DVD type) , a copy of Media Face II and Click and Design 3D.

When I make a movie, I uses CLick and Design 3D to make the labels on 2UP labels I bought on EBAY (MUCH CHEAPER THAN THE STORE - I HAVE 1000 labels for the cost of about 50 or 100).

I use Media Face II to make the covers for the cases.

I get the pictures from AMAZON.COM by looking up the movie, viewing the larger size POSTER and viola, I SAVE PICTURE AS....

They Look like the originals.

Now I do the same thing but using DVD's more than VCD's so I also have the single disk AMARAY cases.

Note - Any of tha tstuff, cases, labels, paper, buy on EBAY, it is MUCH cheaper
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by eats**t&die
    I must be living in a box or something but what the hell is a sharpie? I just use a black marker.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sharpie here--that is to make the hearts and tgpo's name! Hey tgpo, you are really taking a beating, but you are a good sport. I have tried adhearing labels the disks, but like many others, have had playback problems. So, it is a sharpie for the disk, and nice color labels on glossy paper for the CD cases.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sharpie and Stabilo Write4All

Is it me or is this really dredging the bottom of the barrell for a poll :hahaha:
    Quote Quote  
  8. Been looking at a lot of options also.

The current testing is with a label but not a full label but a hub only label. Looks good and does not cover any data area. Runningt test right now. A small pain to get on with the provided tool but looks good when done.

Also did some test on rub-on letter. Quick and they do hold up.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BodyMaker
    Sharpie and Stabilo Write4All

Is it me or is this really dredging the bottom of the barrell for a poll :hahaha:
    I create polls that the people can use.....most of the time. Almost everyone labels, so this one only made sense to be used.

Plus I wanted to know how many people like to label with:
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No option for Casio CW-50?

Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ive Been busted

Quote Quote  
  12. I use Staedtler Lumocolor Pens.

I got a pack of 5 free with my CDR drive about 18 months ago. As all I do is write the movie title, they havn't run out yet!
    Quote Quote  
  13. I use some other, generic, CD labeling pen.

I read somewhere that the Sharpie could actually damage the underlying reflective layer on some disks, have used them for years with no problem but I switched just in case. The generic one is water-based or something.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If it hadn't been for bodymaker's photo, this would have been a truly terrible poll, IMHO
    Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Sharpie Ultra Fine Point
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Bic Medium Ball Point, but for some reason a lot of my movies won't play right...am I doing something wrong? Just kidding, Sharpie (registered trademark) all the way.
    Quote Quote  
  17. I just write the movie name on my cd, and then CD1 or CD2.
    I use Sharpie Ultra Fine Point. Haven't had any problems yet!

And for the cd jewel case, I use Nero Cover Designer. I just go to amazon.com and get the picture from the movie cover, and print it out and stick it in the front of the case! And I always print out a synopsis to put in the back of the jewel case, too. But, I guess this poll was about how everybody labels their disc's, not about their jewel cases. Oh well.....

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ive Been busted

Who is tpgo?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by tgpo
    Who is tpgo?
    I did not notice that until you pointed it out

Stabilo Permanent fine OHP pens
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i go to cdcovers.cc/ find a cover in the vcd area, save as, then load it in cover pro, print it out on photo quality ink jet paper. trim it alittle then put it in the cd case. nice
    Quote Quote  
  21. Sharpies

Anyone else write around the edge of the disc in a circle so as not to put the disc off balalce by writing on one side only?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What up with all this pen nonsense? To label their DVDs/CDs, gentlemen prefer the Casio CW-50.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by LanceSteel
    What up with all this pen nonsense? To label their DVDs/CDs, gentlemen prefer the Casio CW-50.
    What's a casio cw-50?
    "Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." - Frank Zappa
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ZippyP.
    What's a casio cw-50?
    Check out this link:
    http://www.casio.com/labelprinters/product.cfm?product=4328

Its a thermal printer specifically for printing on unbranded cds/dvds.

I bought mine from www.provantage.com for like $85 or so.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    [quote="tgpo"]
    Ive Been busted Who is tpgo?

I didn't notice it either.
    What a waste of a 0.20 cdr , hope it wasn't a dvdr, or even a dvd-rw
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I didn't notice it either.
    What a waste of a 0.20 cdr , hope it wasn't a dvdr, or even a dvd-rw
    No it was just the round paper disk of the top of the spindle turned upside down with the clear top disk over the top of it

tgpo wrote:

Who is tpgo?

I did not notice that until you pointed it out

God i must have been tired last night

Sorry TGPO i must have i was so love stuck i couldn't spell

:hahaha:
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No it was just the round paper disk of the top of the spindle turned upside down with the clear top disk over the top of it
    lol
    You tight bastard!!!!!!!!!!
    Good idea though, I'd never have thought of that!
    Ever thought about a career in naval intelligence?
    Will
    Quote Quote  
  28. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Soul sucking suburbia! But a different part since I last logged on.
    Search Comp PM
    Furball, lols....... would that much ink actually have any kind of effect? I'm paranoid now... Don't usually write in a circle like that, but have been known, on discs with 60minutes or less out of 80 written, to flip them over and write stuff in the outermost 'blank' area. A friend's band who asked me to dupe up a few copies of their 28-minute punk album got some quite artsy designs!

My discs either get a highly simplistic two or three word label (if i'm in a hurry, eg "MP3s 112") or absolutlely covered (large divx title styled after the actual movie logo, length, mb size, rez and framerate, audio quality, widescreen or not, general 'picture quality', burn speed and date; title and list of tracks for VCD/CDDA; list of artists and albums for MP3s). Used to make a lot of individually styled printed labels, but that started to take too much time, and too much design-power to make things that were uniquely recognisable. Still, they look nice and have a special place in my heart, and the plunger device makes a cool finger-toy for lazy browsing sessions

Still take time out to make a photoquality *inlay* on the more special VCDs, to print on decent 1440dpi paper. And when I say Photo and Quality, i'm talking obsessivecompulsive perfectionist rather than the "photoquality" of a mass pirate that's got fifty more labels to brew up that day.. My VCDs come more out of rarity than piracy..

As for pens, usually whatever's about. Voted Swan Lumocolour as that's about the closest to the 'proper' super-fine-tip "CD Pens" I use (after all they're about the same just with different packaging). Though the marker that came with the latest Memorex spindle is more like a cheap, fat-nibbed copy of a Sharpie - which for the record landed on UK shores a few weeks ago to pretty much zero interest from a public that's been using various flavours of other marker brands for years
    -= She sez there's ants in the carpet, dirty little monsters! =-
    Back after a long time away, mainly because I now need to start making up vidcapped DVDRs for work and I haven't a clue where to start any more!
    Quote Quote  
  29. I use either printed stick on labels that are printed on a color laser on the Neato 2up labels or a water based permanant marker so it doesn't slowly destroy my CD/DVD like a Sharpie can... Not saying it will, but the alcohol based ink in Sharpies can damage a disc, usually those cheap ass ones.
    We will either find a way or make one - Hannibal
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I label my disks with a sharpie pen or a marker.
    Quote Quote