VideoHelp Forum

Poll: What is (or is going to be) the greatest trilogy ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. I know it is difficuly to judge those yet to be released, but you will have to gauge how good you think they will be, on those films you have already seen.

I personally really like all of these films, and find it very difficult to pick a favourite. But going on my own anticipation and eagerness to see the next release, I am going for the matrix. If the next 2 films are as good as the first this will be a great trilogy. I am also looking forward to Terminator 3.

I also liked the Back to the Future series
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well a rather obvious addition would be the 2nd Star Wars trilogy :P other than that could probably throw the Scream trilogy up there. Regardless, I refuse to vote, I can't choose between the original Star Wars, Matrix and Lord of the Rings.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How about a new poll for voting for the worst #2 movie in a trilogy series? Temple of Doom or Empire Strikes Back....tough call with was cheesier :P

Matrix is an odd call, with 2 movies in 1 year, but I think they are following the "do it all at once and release it over time" theory.
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How about a new poll for voting for the worst #2 movie
    Back to the Future, Die Hard and Scream should definitely go in that poll and Rambo's #2 movie came last but but I don't think Empire Strikes back belongs in there.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I guess we'll have to wait and see about LOTR, but up to now The Godfather series is widely regarded as the best.
    "Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." - Frank Zappa
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Too difficult, LORT an obvious choice but I went for Indy.
    Consistently excellent all the way through every movie.
    Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I liked all the Indiana Jones, Back to the future, and Die Hard. What about Porkeys and National Lampoon Vacation?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Craig Tucker
    I liked Back to the Future 2
    Wow!
    IMO the wekest of the lot
    They all seem very dated now, MJF at 60 playing the roll of a teenager
    Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Gotta vote for the original Star Wars - somewhat dated now but absolutely fantastic when they were on the big screen.

IMO the third Back to the Future was the worst, same for Die Hard - really hope Teminator doesn't follow suit cuz' I really enjoyed the first two.

Indiana jones was a classic but the second one sucked - third brought the level back up to a respectable level.

The Rambo's were all good at the time but "First Blood" is the only classic...

As for adding to the list:

God Father
    Star Treck
    Rocky
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, now the mention it 'the temple of doom' wasn't the best.
    That chick in the lead, whatever the hell she was called - terrible actress, only got the job as she was banging Speilberg
    Can I change my mind to Start Wars Episode 4, 5 & 6?
    Thanks!
    Will
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by SquirrelDip
    As for adding to the list:

God Father
    Star Treck
    Rocky
    Trying to stick to trilogies, so the godfather is in.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Army of Darkness/Evil Dead trilogy
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I voted for matrix but found it hard to choose between that and LOTR

But i think if Jurassic park were there i would have voted for that
    Quote Quote  
  14. I voted for Lord of the Rings saga.

It has two huge advantages. It's the lastest and therefore gets to benefit from the newest technologies plus it's huge following created by the books' popularity.

Just for the record, I never read the books. I must admit, after the first viewing of the The Fellowship, I was not impressed at all. Once I got the DVD, I learned to appreciate it for what is is. A great story, well told and well done.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Star Wars.

Nothing beats the experience of sitting in a cinema and seeing it for the first time.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Back To The Future Rocks... Just one thing though that I didn't like: In Back To The Future 3, Marty travels back to 1885 from 1955, which should mean that there are now two delorions in 1885. However when they blow up the fuel injection manifold why did neither the Doc nor Marty think of digging up the one that the Doc had only just burried. Would have saved alot of trouble but then again we would've missed out on the whole train scene which was really cool.
    Quote Quote  
  17. i personally like the first Star Wars set...The new stuff Lucas is putting out just doesn't justify his reason for waiting."Iwant technology to catch up with my imagination"...The first 3 were a landmark in the industry but now, not the same...The chemistry isn't there...LOTR will probably statistically be the biggest series...its a fantastic trilogy which has definatly made its place in today's movie archive...I liked the Back to future series, they were original and entertaining through each movie...Die Hard also the same...Indy,HMMM, Raiders was top of the line, Temple of Doom was to far fetched and boring..Last Crusade went back to the original thought of Indy vs the Germans...it worked the best in Raiders and good in Crusade but towards the end of Crusade I thought about how it was way to far fiction..but that was only after he crossed the bridge and entered the cave with all the grails.........and what about Harry Pothead???
    Quote Quote  
  18. what about the super meister Russ Meyer beneath the valley of the ultravixens supervixens and of course vixen.
    well worth a few bob of anybodys money, scrapyards were never so sexy!

Or three colours by unproc. Kizzlowski blue red white??
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hum... all good picks but no Anime on the list!

PS: Lucas has stated the DVD release will not contain the orginal copies of the movies! Just the next enhanced copies to fix gaps to fit the current three to the first three.

But with the secret of Robotechknowledge, a good hot LD player, the pre hacked 9 disk set and a DVD burnner we can unbuild them!
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Im going with Friday, Next Friday & Friday After Next. Then maybe, Rush Hour, Rush Hour 2 & Rush Hour 3.
    What's This Do?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by NightWing
    PS: Lucas has stated the DVD release will not contain the orginal copies of the movies! Just the next enhanced copies to fix gaps to fit the current three to the first three.
    Exactly why I voted for Indy.

When I heard that lucas was going to snub all of his original fans (I even had Star Wars sheets, drapes, wallpaper, PJs, lamps, you name it), I'll never support another Lucas film again.

He could of at least released two versions like Spielburg (?) did with ET. Best way to please all three generations of fans. I would buy all 6 discs, but I won't settle for 3 butchered titles.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by Gazorgan
    How about a new poll for voting for the worst #2 movie in a trilogy series? Temple of Doom or Empire Strikes Back....tough call with was cheesier :P

Matrix is an odd call, with 2 movies in 1 year, but I think they are following the "do it all at once and release it over time" theory.
    umm Empire Strikes Back is reguarded as one of, if not the, best sequel in movie history. Temple of Doom was not good. But among Star Wars fans, I dare say the majority put ESB as the top movie in the series.

Oh and anybody who votes for LOTR must definitely be too young to even understand Star Wars. I mean there is sort of a generation gap between these. Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Godfather all were made in the 70's and 80's. Die Hard, Back to the Future were in the middle. Then you got CGI LOTR, Matrix, Jurrasic Park.

This is not a good poll. Older fans will vote for star wars. anybody else will vote for LOTR. LOTR was good, but not that good
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by Craig Tucker
    me too

also, wheres an option for TGPO
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by JamesB69
    This is not a good poll. Older fans will vote for star wars. anybody else will vote for LOTR. LOTR was good, but not that good
    Well I am 32 and can remember going to see the original star wars. Although I liked it I voted for The Matrix. There are also a fair few votes for the other 8 options. So thats the end of that theory.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by JamesB69
    Originally Posted by Craig Tucker
    me too

also, wheres an option for TGPO
    I am not TGPO
    Quote Quote  
  26. Well
    I'm 35 so I watched all these films (not Ttor 3 , Matrix 2 etc...
    I think the best trilogy is Godfather... even after more than 20 years nobody could make a film like these... great charatcters, the greatest actors and the greatest history
    You could see then now and if you don't know the date they was made you can think they are of the last year ...
    But I understand my kids were shocked and surprised by LOTR as I was in Star Wars
    I still remember that day....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Evil Dead!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Marty travels back to 1885 from 1955, which should mean that there are now two delorions in 1885.
    yes but think, if they had of taken the other delorian then they never would have found it in the future would they???? then the universe would collapse as you end up with an endless lope

I have found about a 3 errors in these films as I only watched them recently but lets not mention that now as if we got talking about these films we would all just end up getting majorily confused.

MAy I add that I liked Terminator, loved T2 but I am very scepticle about T3...... So I aint voting.

Baker
    My vcd & cvdGuide
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh yeah I never thought of it that way but then again the Doc(1885) could still go back to where he burried the delorion and leave an extra note to tell the marty in 1955 to bring some extra petrol.. you're right this could go on forever so we'll leave it at that... What about Karate Kid by the way.
    Quote Quote