VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am attempting to re-encode a DVD that is roughly 7gig to fit a 4.5gig DVD-R. I am using ffmpegX. I keep getting the same error when setting it up.

I use the "low-bitrate DVD (NTSC)" setting and I keep getting the following error:

pbpaste | sh
    Encoding started on Thu Feb 27 20:37:23 CST 2003
    ## Component Manager: attempting to find symbols in a component alias of type (imdc/MP42/MSFT)
    usage: movtoy4m -w width -h height -F a:b -a a:b [-s] [-o ppm/y4m] movie.mov

example: movtoy4m -w 352 -h 288 -F 25:1 -a 4:3 pal_normal.mov
    example: movtoy4m -w 352 -h 240 -F 30000:1001 -a 16:9 ntsc_wide.mov

**ERROR: [mpeg2enc] Could not read YUV4MPEG2 header: system error (failed read/write)!
    a52dec-0.7.4 - by Michel Lespinasse <walken@zoy.org> and Aaron Holtzman
    No accelerated IMDCT transform found
    INFO: Opened WAV file, freq = 48000 Hz, channels = 2, bits = 16
    INFO: format = 0x1, audio length = 4294967256 bytes
    INFO: slots/frame = 384
    INFO: frac SpF=0.000, tot bitrate=128 kbps, s freq=48.0 kHz
    INFO: System is big endian
    ^C972 frames in 490.73 sec (50.89 fps), 30 last 0.61 sec (49.18 fps)
    25003 frames decoded in 491.01 seconds (50.92 fps)
    I am left with a file with .mp2 appended to it, even though I have chosen .ac3 as the Audio format. It loks like the video is failing completely and it goes on to the audio. I used DVD Backup to extract the DVD and am using the VOBs it extracted.

Any ideas?

Flaffer
    Quote Quote  
  2. You're probably encoding with "QT decode" option set, and without having installed the Quicktime mpeg-2 player component, which is required for this option to work with mpeg-2 input.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Major writes:

You're probably encoding with "QT decode" option set, and without having installed the Quicktime mpeg-2 player component, which is required for this option to work with mpeg-2 input.
    I see. I saw that being checked but had no idea what it was so I left it. What does having the QT mpeg-2 component buy me? Or is it best to just uncheck it?

Thanks for the info,
    Flaffer
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you're encoding PAL material you probably don't need "QT decode" enabled. If you're encoding NTSC, you could need either "mplayer decode" or "QT decode" to keep sound sync, and "QT decode" is faster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks Major.

Your help has been most, well, helpful

Flaffer
    Quote Quote