VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Those aren't true chapters, and even worse, there will always be a delay when there's a skip from one chapter to another.

And that comes worse in some movies when the chapter break is in middle of some scene
    Email me for faster replies!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Certified Computer Technician.
    Quote Quote  
  2. As per Sefy's post.

Tracks aren't chapters and I don't know about you, but if a movie pauses for even a fraction of a second everytime there was a new "chapter", I would go crazy...

Making entrypoint chaptered VCDs are MUCH easier now that we have VCDEasy and ChapterXtractor.

Generally, I divide my DVD backups onto two VCDs (very very rarely more than two discs now that there are 90 minute discs). I usually divide the movie at an appropriate chapter point...

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  3. I Don't suppose you have access to the 99min CDR's ? recently I recall Philips had official exteneded the CDR specification upto 98min I believe.

That sure could be cool!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  4. I believe that there was an extension to Orange Book... though what Philips has to say is really quite arbitrary as it's not going to change the existing consumer base of CD drives (or necessarily even influence the production of new ones)...

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  5. I Don't know about that, but upto now, 99min CDR weren't "official" so the major companies didn't care about supporting them, therefor we have very limited number of companies who "dare" support it in public.

Now that Philips which as I recall was the inventor of the CD standard itself, has officialy declared support for 98min CDR's, may be the rest will follow ?

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  6. Sefy,

I apologize ahead of time if this is unrelated to the current discussion but I am a "newbie" to VCD authoring. Mainly my question is that I have clicked on every link I could find in order to obtain Chapter-X-Tractor and every link points to the creator's page which seems to be down. Do you know of any other place I may obtain it from. If you need to you can email me personally.

Thanks for the helpful guide and the information.

shadez
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yes, I have noticed the author's webpage seems to be out for awhile now, but you can also get it from AfterDawn and Digital-Digest webpage

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  8. Sefy,

I checked Afterdawn and Digital-Digest as you suggested but both of there links of Chapter-XTractor point to the same main link. Do you have any suggestions to any other Chapter programs that would help?

Thanks in advance,

Shadez
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi Shadez,

I Used Google, and found you an alternative link for now: http://download.everwicked.com/

The Chapter-X-Tractor is in the lower half of the screen, the link works, I checked it myself.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote