VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i NEED TO CONVERT A MINIDISC INTO cd FORMAT ??

Whats the easiest way to do this ???
    Quote Quote  
  2. Surely someone must know how to do this!! ??

38 people have viewed and no-one knows.....D'oh!! Where are all the experts today ???

Mike
    Quote Quote  
  3. how are you planing on doing this ?if you mean by hardware sony has a minidisk pc hookup that you can drag and drop things and if you already know this then it should be in the software http://www.crutchfield.com had it there
    Quote Quote  
  4. how do i actually connect my portable minidisc player into my pc and then extract whatever is on the minidisc to a wav/mp3...etc ??
    Quote Quote  
  5. Advice to newbie Mike: RTFM!

Geez, you waited a little over two hours then starting jumping up and down because you didn't get a response.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Speedy, which manual in particular ?, it doesnt say anything in my manual about how to do this. Nevermind, obviously your upset cos you think your an expert but you aint got a clue how to do it either.

Anyone else ?

Mike
    Quote Quote  
  7. Ignore this (fucked up!!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mh2360 on 2001-09-08 14:10:15 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  8. OK. The way I would do this (I own a minidisc hifi deck) Would be to connect the minidisc line out to the line in connector of your pc. You will probably need someting like a twin RCA to 3.5mm (quite cheap!), Or 3.5mm to 3.5mm (even cheaper!), depending on your connections. You will then need audio capture software (check http://www.download.com) to capture to .WAV. .WAV files will be read by any burning sofware (adaptec, nero). I dont know a way to do this digitally, but I imagine using the above method would produce some decent sounding files!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mh2360 on 2001-09-08 14:08:56 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  9. mh2360,

Cheers for the reply...appreciated. I now have got a better knowledge of what I have to do. I think I will need a 3.5mm to 3.5mm lead which i'll get on monday. And i'll search for some capture software now....

Cheers Again,

Mike
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!