VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Better Movie LOTR or LOTR TT?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I slept through the first one and didn't want to see the second. SO I voted for the tgpo option.
    Quote Quote  
  2. "Two" Towers, though I'm sure a movie on the "Twin" towers is already in the making.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by RichEtheridge
    "Two" Towers, though I'm sure a movie on the "Twin" towers is already in the making.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. i haven't seen either.its not realy my thing,but i may some day,so i voted of the tgpo option also
    in the first one isn't there one part where a guy is reading from a book for a half hour?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Saw the previews and they looked like a kiddie movie. So never spent my hard earned cash on them. How about a vote for never saw them/ never want to see them.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I think they arren't two movies, i think is only one, it is a movio of ninie hours ( icluding Third part)
    Quote Quote  
  7. tgpo,
    I'm sorry I must of missed your movie,is Billy Dee Williams in it and do we find out who your father is?
    I liked Two Towers better than the first one,can't wait for the next one.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I liked them both, but I think I'd have to go with the first one. The second one was a little slow at times and I didn't like the direction they took with certain characters/events.

No zodiac, neither movie has anyone reading a book for 30 mins. In the first one Bilbo is writing a book, I think maybe two lines are read from it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I voted for the 2 towers, but they were both amazing, and i think, when the 3rd one comes out and they are avaliable to buy on DVD, it will be one of the most popular box sets of all time, along with The Godfather Collection etc!

PS MikeV m8 i assure you that they are NOT kiddie films! Many of the Star wars films are U's, and were initially made for kids, and yet i think that that vast majority of ppl will agree with me when i say that they are NOT kiddie films, they appeal to a very broad audience!

Good post whoever thought of it!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have to agree with Adam. But I'll still buy the second one when it comes out. The 3 viewed together on a rainy miserable night should be good entertainment when all three are available.

Anybody have the tgpo movie for download? Saw it at the theater, and it was awesome.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by adam
    No zodiac, neither movie has anyone reading a book for 30 mins. In the first one Bilbo is writing a book, I think maybe two lines are read from it.
    then maybe it was harry potter.i remember my 10 yr. old niece saying that.
    but then again half hour could be 5 minutes for a 10 year old
    Quote Quote  
  12. Went and saw the first one and hated it so I never bothered with the second one.

Might have been the crappy cinema I was watching it in but just just didnt entertain me. Maybe when they all come out on DVD I will give them a second chance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    First one spectactular, second didn't have the impact of the first but still very entertaining, a touch darker than the first, and I don't mean the lighting
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can't watch LOTR or LOTR2 on a PC, period, end of discussion. Dolby surround is marginal, you really need 5.1 or DTS, and at least a 35" screen. That won't even do justice to the full theater experience.

There are some movies you jsut have to see in a full size DTS theater ( with stadium seeting!).

LOTR2 is better(more butt kicking), I thought the first one dragged a little. But then, I've actually read the books ( ages ago, but I re-read them...the books aren't that great, a little slow and draggy, but they were written in the 60's).

LOTR3 should be AWESOME (read the book), some serious butt kicking to come...
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by freak_in_cage_10k
    Good post whoever thought of it!
    Me.

Originally Posted by The village idiot
    Anybody have the tgpo movie for download? Saw it at the theater, and it was awesome.
    I think I have the vcd somewhere, but it's going to be re-released with improved effects and two seconds of added footage!!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Return of the King!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nazgûl!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe I'm biased (unashamed Tolkien fan) but I thought both films were great & am looking forward to the third. My kids agree (amazingly - they don't on much else).

Just a factual note - the books were written in the 50s.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Gazorgan
    LOTR2 is better(more butt kicking), I thought the first one dragged a little. But then, I've actually read the books ( ages ago, but I re-read them...the books aren't that great, a little slow and draggy, but they were written in the 60's).
    I must be the only one who doesn't think that about the books
    what are you askin' me for...
    I'm an idiot!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Read the books loads of times, pity the movies missed out SO much of the story. Books superb, movies superb, just to add - Lord of the rings is not the name of the first movie, it`s the name of all three movies, or all three books. First part is called Fellowship of the ring.

Another fact If it wasn`t for Tolkiens books in the 50`s there would be no Harry Potter, or any other Fantasy movies or creatures of this type - There would be no Dungeons & dragons type role play or board games, PC roleplay games or Playstation Fighting fantasy games......you get the idea..Before Tolkien there was just Fairy stories.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by daznic
    Before Tolkien there was just Fairy stories.
    And Beowulf.

Although according to some accounts, Tolkien himself didn't consider Beowulf to be "authentic" English literature, but rather a combination of celtic and viking epics. And he supposedly wrote the LOTR series to make up for the lack of real English epic literature.

Back to the topic, though: my vote is that both movies are equally great and I look forward to the third. I've read the LOTR books and the Silmarillion multiple times and find that although the movies were excellent, they don't provide the depth of the books.

So... uh... when is the Silmarillion going to be made into a movie? Or would that be 20 movies?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I can't comment on whether the 2nd LOTR is any better as I haven't seen the sequel yet. I'll be watching LOTR2 on DVD soon.
    Quote Quote  
  22. I am a Tolkien fan and have read the books. I have watched LOTR - FOTR on screen. I think the book was well translated into the movie. Of course one cannot capture everything from the book into the movie ('The Day of the Jackal' was an exception). I liked the movie and promptly purchased the DVD as soon as it was released.

LOTR - TT has not been released in India as yet. But I am going to watch it for sure and I am equally positive that I will watch the third part (LOTR - ROTK) as well and purchase both the DVDs to complete the collection.
    *** My computer can beat me at chess, but is no match when it comes to kick-boxing. ***
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by CJGS
    I can't comment on whether the 2nd LOTR is any better as I haven't seen the sequel yet. I'll be watching LOTR2 on DVD soon.
    Do it justice man, go see it at the local cinema.
    You can't compare if you saw the first on a 40ft screen, it isn't fair!
    Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Silky31
    Will
    Will, I didn't see the first one in the cinema and now it is almost too late to view it there. I hired the DVD last year and now own one at home.

I'd rather view it on DVD.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Will
    Will, I didn't see the first one in the cinema and now it is almost too late to view it there. I hired the DVD last year and now own one at home.

I'd rather view it on DVD.

Chris
    Hi Chris,
    If you like I could fly over and we could meet at the town hall, then go down to the George Street cinemas and see if it's still playing.
    I'll be catching the M2 bus to the Queen Victoria Building so I will meet you there.
    If we have time we could pop into the metro across the road.. see who's playing, I hear 'screaming jets' might be playing again - its a great place the metro, yes?
    Will
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

Hi Chris,
    If you like I could fly over and we could meet at the town hall, then go down to the George Street cinemas and see if it's still playing.
    I'll be catching the M2 bus to the Queen Victoria Building so I will meet you there.
    If we have time we could pop into the metro across the road.. see who's playing, I hear 'screaming jets' might be playing again - its a great place the metro, yes?
    Will
    Silky31

So, you've been in Sydney before and you better hurry getting a plane ticket as the LOTR TT is almost over in the cinema here. Maybe lucky for a few weeks more.

A great suggestion, have a holiday in Sydney and the weather is great. Not as hot now and the fall is coming here.

Chris
    Quote Quote