I have edited a project in Ulead MSP 6.5. It's 45 minutes long and I am on Win98se. So, I can't output it to avi thanks to the FAT32 file size limitation. Ulead promises to output to mpeg2 but every time I try it, I get the "unable to open encoder" error. I've tried different settings in the dialogue, but still, the same error comes up.

6.5 came with the Ligos encoder, but I DLed the new patch from the Ulead web site to see if I could encode in MPEGnow and after installing the patch I get an error explaining at the application's start up that the vio mpeg driver won't load. This strands me in AVI for editing.

Any suggestions here? The end goal is to have this project on a fully menued and extra'ed DVD. But if I can't get it to out put the project to a file small enough, I'm screwed, right?

I'd rather not upgrade to XP for time constraints - I have no empty HD's to reformat to NTFS and I don't have the time to clear them off.

ANY advice in getting the mpeg encoder on ulead MSP 6.5 would be appreciated. Thank you!!!