VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Roxio has officially announced their new Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 Platinum. This new version has a lot of new features and improvements over version 5.

Roxio, Inc. (Nasdaq: ROXI - News) The Digital Media Company, provider of the best selling digital media software in the world, today introduced its new Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 Platinum, The Digital Media Suite. Totally redesigned for maximum performance and ease-of-use, Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 is the only PC-based integrated software suite that includes feature-rich digital media applications desired by today's "digital consumer" to capture, edit, manage and burn photos, videos, music and data to CD or DVD.

Among the most compelling new applications in Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 is DVD Builder(TM). Roxio's new DVD Builder allows users to easily capture, edit and combine video and photo to create Hollywood-style DVDs of users' home movies and photo slideshows on CD, VideoCD, SVCD or DVD. Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 also boasts a sleek new user interface to empower users of all skill levels to enjoy creating, copying, and customizing CDs and DVDs.

Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 will start shipping today. It sells for $99.95 for the full version or $89.95 if you want to download it from Roxio. More information on Easy CD and DVD Creator 6, along with a full list of new features, can be found here: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030218/sftu051a_1.html
    Quote Quote  
  2. I purchased it yesterday and Installed it. The Copier and Creator don't seem that much different, the "Drag To Disc" (used to be DirectCD) seems to work better and supports both my Cendyne DVR-104 and 105. The latest v5 fixed most of my problems so the upgrade was not necessary just for that purpose.

The Additonal features are not so valuable. The DVD Builder is just like the basic Authoring tools that come with the burners. The Full products are more sophisticated, but it is very easy to use and probably equivlant to any $50 authoring tool, but too limited if you are using a $100+ tool. I used Dazzle DVD Complete Deluxe edition and the features are much more advanced than the Roxio DVD Builder. But if you want simple, this is one of the better simple products out there.

I have little need for the Audio enhancements.

The Label Creator is much better, gives you more options and the graphics are better.

So unless you are having support problems with 5 and the latests patches applied or one of the new features listed is a specific need, I wouldn't bother upgrading. Of course as I start using it more and more, I may find things making it worth while.

The Upgrade uninstalls the previous Roxio 5 SW. After the uninstall and reboot on Win2000 or XP there is a chance the OS does not give you access to the CD drives you know are there (but now show up with a "!" in Device Manager) you will need to do these steps from ms. It did not happen to me on any XP and only one of two Win2000.

Win2000
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;270008

XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;314060
    Cendyne/Pioneer 105 & 104 with a Dazzle* Hollywood DV-Bridge.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All,
    I understand the ASPI layer management problems but in my opinion Roxio and mostly, Easy CD Creator, are system hogs and will not play nice with other [again in my opinion] better burning software. Unless they have changed there evil ways.
    I used it for years but can not tolerate its instance on being the lone ranger on my machines, so BYE BYE ROXIO for me hello RecordNowMax and any others I want to install that will play together in same environment.
    You can not even use some software [DVDbot comes to mind] which I like, and other if Roxio was ever on your system unless you completely remove it, and I mean COMPLETELY. Known issues, Blue screen of death outcome with Roxio/Easy CD Creator on same machine.

"Strength and Honor"
    Justmy2cents
    (;-{> Dd
    Strength and Honor
    www.dvd9to5.com
    www.dvd9to5.com/forum/
    "For every moment of truth there's confusion in life"
    Black Sabbath/Ronnie James Dio
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Who still uses this. This is only good for new comers into DVD authoring. Like if they have a home movie they want to put on DVD. This software is generic and way over-priced. There are better programs out there that are 10x better than this and much cheaper.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This software is generic and way over-priced. There are better programs out there that are 10x better than this and much cheaper.
    Amen!!!!!
    Jim
    Quote Quote