VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Finally Pinnacle InstantCopy 7 is available. There is a demo version in their site:
    http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPage.asp?Product_ID=1153&Langue_ID=2&SID=199

Antonio S.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Any idea on pricing, or where to get it?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Loosk like the british site. When you select where to find, it pops up with United Kingdom and only wanted the two first digits of a postal code.

I have heard it avaiable in europe and if the news is true may be comming here.

The demo is 14mb big!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sure is.

I'm downloading it now. :bad-boy:
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am downloading also, they must be getting hammered,,,,the stream is down to a trickle.....

anyone try it yet
    Jim
    Quote Quote  
  6. I noticed this on the site, "... Make a true 1:1 copy of any non-copy protected DVD on a recordable DVD."
    I assume all dvd's release by major movies studios are non-copy protected.
    So, how does Instant Copy help us?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by raze_r
    I noticed this on the site, "... Make a true 1:1 copy of any non-copy protected DVD on a recordable DVD."
    You remove the copy protection with dvd decrypter, smartripper and then you can use instantcopy to convert your dvd-9 one recordable dvd-5.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Baldrick
    Originally Posted by raze_r
    I noticed this on the site, "... Make a true 1:1 copy of any non-copy protected DVD on a recordable DVD."
    You remove the copy protection with dvd decrypter, smartripper and then you can use instantcopy to convert your dvd-9 one recordable dvd-5.
    Ahh, I see.
    So InstantCopy will process files already saved on my harddrive.
    I can't wait to get.

Thanks,
    R.
    Quote Quote  
  9. anyone know what the limits of the demo version are?
    RealaT Bytes, but that's what life is.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by RealaT
    anyone know what the limits of the demo version are?
    I just dl'ed it, but haven't tried it out yet. The demo is good for 15 days. But the AC3 audio is limited to 5 minutes.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does it really copy 1:1 (including menu's etc.)?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Clicked on the link to buy it, didn't see it available. Or is it one of those deals were you need to load a serial into the demo. Maybe it's too new so they don't have it listed yet.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I'll have to DL this when I get home tonight. Anyone who has taken this in, can you comment whether it lets you downgrade the Extras to leave more room for the bit rat for the movie?

Really I don't care as much for the extras as I would like an easy way to retain the Menu. Extras would be ok if they could be squeezed smaller. But then how much smaller could you go before they are unwatchable?
    Quote Quote  
  14. I tried it out on Sweet Home Alabama. It took about 110 minutes to create a PDI file (I guess that stands for Pinnacle Disc Image, or something like that). The movie itself is 109 minutes + about 20 minutes of extras (7.8GB). The final file was 4.38GB. I think it's about 300MB short, because the demo only does 5 minutes of AC3 audio. I'm burning it to a DVD-RW right now.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Reverenddave can you tell us how good is it does it look like the real DVD how long does it take to encode? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  16. Rev, does it let you adjust the size of the extras? Or is it 1:1 copy there as well? Does the menu work exactly like the Original? And of course yes how does it look? Maybe you could do a copy with DVD2one and Compare the two.
    Quote Quote  
  17. downloading this bad boy right now. Can't wait to try it out
    Quote Quote  
  18. The total time to go from DVD-9 to DVD-R was about 3.5 hours. 45 mins to rip (DVDDecrypter), 110 mins to shrink the files and 55 mins to burn (1x speed).

I didn't see any way to adjust the size of the extras, but maybe I was looking in the wrong place. There's an option to remove DVD-Rom features, remove audio streams, remove subtitles and remove User Prohibitions.

The menu works exactly like the original, so as far as that goes, it's a perfect copy. I'm not a good judge on video quality. To me it looked fine, but I just spot checked the disc. The AC-3 audio ran the entire movie, so I'm not sure what they meant by a 5 minute limit.
    Quote Quote  
  19. so just use decryptor and select all files? Then this little program? hmm, gotta check this out once it finishes. Geez 7 k/sec, site is popular
    Quote Quote  
  20. Reverenddave what movie did you do was it NTSC or PAL? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  21. Reverenddave can you encode the same movie with DVD2one and post picture's you can take picture's with powerDVD also can you do a encode with DVD2DVD-R also and post all picture's
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by spiderman2k1
    Reverenddave can you encode the same movie with DVD2one and post picture's you can take picture's with powerDVD also can you do a encode with DVD2DVD-R also and post all picture's
    Sorry, but I don't have time right now. I'm sure someone else will compare the 3 programs.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Can you tell us what Movie you encode and was it NTSC or PAL THANk's
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by spiderman2k1
    Can you tell us what Movie you encode and was it NTSC or PAL THANk's
    Sweet Home Alabama - Region 1 NTSC
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    3.5 hours ???
    Sounds like DVD2one is still the right tool
    Quote Quote  
  26. GenePool_ there is no right tool. Just tool that can do the job you want do not get me wrong I love DVD2ONE I really love DVD2ONE. But if InstantCopy can copy any DVD it's good for episode DVD like band of brother's and ANIME
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've made a detailed test report on this site:
    http://www.dvd-svcd-hilfe.de/forum/mb1/instantcopy7/instant.htm
    At the moment it is german only (sorry !).
    But I'm currently working on an english translation which should be available on sunday or monday ...

Meanwhile you can use a website translator (for a bad bad bad translation)

regards
    mb1
    Quote Quote  
  28. Anybody else with any info. on this..?
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!