VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. mb1 translation,
    A copying program announced already for a long time (in 25/02, S.138 e.g. promisingly already ct) appeared finite on the market. Outstanding feature should be the copying possibility of a DVD-9 (purchase VideoDVD) on a DVD-5-Rohling by data decrease. It would be possible to produce a burned copy in the domestic DVD Player exactly the same behaves like the original (with somewhat smaller image quality). Including all menus, language tracks, camera angles and " hidden features " thus, if one selected it in such a way before. Of course one can let language tracks also necessary remove automatic around the storage space more effectively to use. Whereupon the Community waits already for a long time, because so far always much manual work, connected with appropriate profundem knowledge and the necessary usually extremely expensive software, was necessary with such projects. And one should have also still bring along time... The DVDne appeared recently knows so far only the main film alone on a DVD blank " saves ", however in follow-up versions more possibilities will likewise offer. And now should be possible at a capital expenditure of only 49 €? The film industry will groan (like actually always), the blank and burner industry against it expects golden month. A day demo version (14.5 MT) there are 15 here to the Download (additionally ac3 to 5 min limits: ( The following test report exclusively goes on the video abilities from InstantCopy (with emphasis on quality) and not on the exact possibilities of the additionally offered copying profiles (e.g. for audio CDs or Playstation CDs) to etc.. After freshly endured installation, where acceptable 10.2 MT are dug on the fixed disk, immediately the characteristic human researcher urge awakes. Fast on into the infinite widths... With the program start presents itself a small (at first sight) clear surface, which abandons first only the view of the available device shank. Click on " details " revealed now the whole copying possibilities of the Tools. Practical way gives it a multiplicity of available pre-defined profiles, which in addition also easily amend and be stored can. By right-click on the appropriate pouring or target device can one available characteristics read off (caution: only the possibilities of the burner deviating from the standard are displayed; S.a. Manual S.18) or further detail adjustments, e.g. reading procedures select. Practical is also an available automatic profile, which performs as far as possible independently its work. Which thus offers the program for copying possibilities: - copy from CD on CD, DVD or fixed disk - copy from DVD * on CD, DVD or fixed disk (* only unencrypted DVDs directly) - copy by fixed disk on CD, DVD or fixed disk to be supported thereby naturally also the most different formats e.g. AudioCD, DatenCD, VideoDVD, SuperVideoCD, VideoCD, PSX, MixedMode and different copy-protected versions such as laser LOCK, SafeDisc and SecuROM. At copy-protected AudioCDs (e.g. with Cactus DataShield or MediCloq) the program bites itself however the teeth out. There should be still improved. Everything is transferred naturally only depending upon ability of the available devices (v.a. the selection characteristics). Pleasing: the program runs on all MS Windows operating systems starting from Windows 95. Also the hardware operation prerequisites read themselves rather modestly (Pentium, 16 MT RAM, 10 MT fixed disk workstation). Like in addition, always applies here " more is more " regarding the last-finite performance. Now one introduces oneself times with with difficulty comprehensible train of thought, which would like to nevertheless actually copy bent Erwerber of this program its expensively bought VideoDVD. The program talks immediately in the hopefully available conscience and avoids with ugly type characters the largely following message on the display: Huch, which I wanted to do bad. Coming to the first shock and gradually again to clear understanding comes me the saving incident, which to me the program also nice-proves indicated: This program can only... DVD contents of fixed disk copy. Aha!! My despicable doing fully consciously to me I copy thus the complete DVD in the file mode with the DVD Decrypter on the fixed disk. The program wanted it nevertheless so. Tja, the all well-known picture of everyday having a horror: The evenly copied VIDEO_TS file devours nevertheless actually 7.09 GB fixed disk workstation (here with the film " matrix"). On the DVD blank however only 4.377 GB (4482 MT) fit. What do? Glad courage start we nevertheless immediately our freshly acquired InstantCopy still times, in order to test whether it holds which it vollmundig on the manufacturer page (see left in the heading) promises. See finally InstantCopy in internal message. All this and still more click here. (C) mb1; 2/2003
    Quote Quote  
  2. Here is the US page. Sorry no download yet from it! Guess we keep abusing the poor server in Germany.

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPage.asp?Product_ID=1153&Langue_ID=7
    Quote Quote  
  3. It seems no one wants to make a mirror, and thank to my friend who took 2 hours of his time - he downloaded for me and sent it to me. Here is the link for it.

URL off

it's only 3 users, so plz distro it as soon as you get it... and let that german site breath for a while... Their ISP must be having a cow with all the connections it must gotten in the past few days.

dhluke
    Quote Quote  
  4. I would not want to see the bill for bandwith for that site this month! YIPE!
    Quote Quote  
  5. ok I'll mirror it in about 30 mins from now...getting it from above ftp site..thanks so much

edit:
    ok have at it MIRROR
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    dhluke,
    Thanks,
    Have you try it on any movies? Are you getting full audio?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I don't have that much space on my HD... about 4gigs left which won't be enough I think. I'll try it later but for now I'll just keep the distro of the demo and hope to hear the results of everyone that DO try it.

dhluke
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks Mr Bass! That mirror is blazing fast!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Anyone know what the limitations are on the demo.
    d/l as I type.
    Quote Quote  
  10. For those of you that were wondering whether you can adjust the size of extras - YES you can! Under the Details -> DVD tab choose Copy Method - Custom Resize. After you click Start, this will come up:

Quote Quote  
  11. Intersting! So you could decreas the extras and bring up the main event so to speak.

Going to test it with a 3 eps on a disk in auto mode and will see how it works. Worst case I can fling at it right now.

Looks like an all nighter but a fun one!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do you want a manual in english? Try this link http://www.filesearching.com/cgi-bin/s?q=instantcopy&t=f
    Quote Quote  
  13. :P My Mistake, thought u could resize things like the warnings and crap like that, guess u can not. Or if u can please post how.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by GandyMan
    Did u try to resize an extra, I just did and the only thing u can resize is the main movie. Mabey just me can someone else confirm that this works on extras. I just did Minority Report, Worked great but would not let me adjust extras, would let me adjust main movie but not extras. Hope this is just my mistake. Other than that better qualilty than DVD2ONE, but takes alot longer, but the advantages outway the time in my opinion.
    Were you trying to resize a menu file (very small video tracks that stay at 100%)? You can't resize those. But you can resize the video sections like deleted scenes, featurettes, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Help..

Keep getting this error during start of conversion in Instant Copy.

"Access Violation at address 030f3b00 in module 'vobsrc.ax'. Read of address 00000000"

Any ideas???
    Quote Quote  
  16. Its really hard to tell what those titles are. On some dvd's most of the titles are the lenght of the movie. Im afraid I'd decrease the quality of the main movie. Could I open up ifoedit and take out some crap while keeping the menus?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by Reverenddave
    Originally Posted by GandyMan
    Did u try to resize an extra, I just did and the only thing u can resize is the main movie. Mabey just me can someone else confirm that this works on extras. I just did Minority Report, Worked great but would not let me adjust extras, would let me adjust main movie but not extras. Hope this is just my mistake. Other than that better qualilty than DVD2ONE, but takes alot longer, but the advantages outway the time in my opinion.
    Were you trying to resize a menu file (very small video tracks that stay at 100%)? You can't resize those. But you can resize the video sections like deleted scenes, featurettes, etc.

Minority Report NTSC has four video tracks to chose from, Warnings and crap like that, thought the program would be able to reduce that stuff. This disk has no extras so I guess a bad choice to test with, will try a diff movie and post results, but went from 7.6 to 4.3 and lloks great. Will put time it took in next test, and mabey some compare shots
    Quote Quote  
  18. Guest
    are you guys writing to DVD direct or to disk as an image? If image is it an iso? Does the program have some internal facility to write the image to DVD later or will I need my standard burner?

Just wondering how you guys were handling this stuff?

Right now I'm doing a test right now with 90 minutes to go. I am going from a Daemon image to DVD+RW. Will post when I have results.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by robw
    are you guys writing to DVD direct or to disk as an image? If image is it an iso? Does the program have some internal facility to write the image to DVD later or will I need my standard burner?
    When writing to a HD, you can only create a PDI file. I think that stands for Pinnacle Disc Image. First I created the PDI file to my HD, then I selected the PDI file as "Source" and selected DVD-RW as "Destination" to burn the disc. I'm not sure if the PDI file will work with any other DVD software.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Guest
    thank you Reverenddave

another question. Have you found a way to only do the main movie or is it necessary to keep full menus?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Try this. I need to double check this. In the setting on the first screen in a sub menu I found a setting to go on the net I think for Transcoding values, setting whatever. Has a check which I guess turn on or off this but unsure.

When its done running my test will post where its located.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by robw
    thank you Reverenddave

another question. Have you found a way to only do the main movie or is it necessary to keep full menus?
    hu, sorry but the point if this prog we were all waiting for IS keeping the menu since all other free tools don't.
    [-Neoh*-]|[-Cheers-]
    Quote Quote  
  23. What sux is that you can't have more than 5 minutes of audio, how can you test that prog right with that. I mean I sometimes have out of synch problems and it usually happens after half of the movie (it is rare but got it once or twice). Why didn't they do a full 15 day trial like all other progies??
    [-Neoh*-]|[-Cheers-]
    Quote Quote  
  24. Guest
    I presume that can't happen since this is a transcoding product and not a reencoding product. The streams (audio and video) are not demuxed so it seems unlikely you will have any sync issues
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by Neoh
    What sux is that you can't have more than 5 minutes of audio, how can you test that prog right with that. I mean I sometimes have out of synch problems and it usually happens after half of the movie (it is rare but got it once or twice). Why didn't they do a full 15 day trial like all other progies??
    Even though it says there's a 5 minute AC3 limit, I have full audio on the copy I made of Sweet Home Alabama.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Guest
    I am very pleased how this program runs in the background. Seems to leave plenty of bandwidth for doing other things with your computer.

I wish there was a shutdown option so I could let one of these proceed unattended.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by robw
    Have you found a way to only do the main movie or is it necessary to keep full menus?
    I haven't found any official way to do movie-only. But if you read through that German review, there's a registry edit trick that allows you to de-select video titles.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Guest
    I remember mb1 mentioning that there was a way to encode only the main movie with a registry modification. I went to his German tutorial web site and I can't find any mention of it there. Perhaps I missed it, my German ist nicht so gut.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by robw
    I remember mb1 mentioning that there was a way to encode only the main movie with a registry modification. I went to his German tutorial web site and I can't find any mention of it there. Perhaps I missed it, my German ist nicht so gut.
    Check here about halfway down the page:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?lp=de_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dvd-sv...2Finstant6.htm

It's the BabelFish German -> English Translation of Page 6.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Guest
    thanks. I will try it. Looks easy and once enabled allows you to check off which segments you want to keep.
    Quote Quote