VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. there server's are really bad you can not even download it. It's KILLING ME LOL
    Quote Quote  
  2. I finally got the entire file. It took long enough Now to test this out. I'll post the results when it's done. Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  3. Guest
    First, I have not tried this program yet but from a beta tester I understand:

- no internal de-css
    - can strip subtitles (and languages)
    - writes final output to DVD-R
    - can specify output filesize of movie and extras
    - 5-pass quality analysis before encoding starts
    - converts menus (can't disable)
    - much slower than DVD2one

The fact that it is slower than DVD2one is certainly no suprise given the 5-pass analysis. If this is a quality-time trade off it may well be worth it.

I am certainly looking forward to some critical reviews by our users.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I just called Pinnacle and asked when it's coming to the USA they said some time in march
    Quote Quote  
  5. MARCH! Thats next month! Cool!

Bet everyone on the planet is downloading it so no amout of servers would support that load.

PS: Was thinking did we crash their server? It basicaly doing nothing right now.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Me doesn't care, cause me got it as soon as it was released

The Demo that is
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The 5pass quality analysis lasts 5 minutes only, if ever. It doesn't mean 5pass encoding but 5 quality checks of the source file.

With a registry hack the program is able to do movie only or deselecting some extras or what you like to be gone ...

Make a webtranslation of my test report above. It is very detailed - also with a lot of comparing pictures on page 3 to 5 ...

regards
    mb1
    Quote Quote  
  8. Guest
    @mb1

many here would appreciate a brief synopsis by you of the program. I realize you have posted a very extensive review in German and I only wish my German was still as good as it was years ago in school. Alas, it is not and for that I apologize.

Vielen Dank. Wir verlassen alle sich auf Sie!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i don't see a link to d/l it. did they take it off or am i blinde? all i see is technical info
    Quote Quote  
  10. Guest
    click on the tiny little letters to the right of evaluate on the right side of the screen
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    robw

thanks, i must be blind. i was expecting something a little bigger, like a button even.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For webtranslation click
    http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?lp=de_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dvd-sv...%2Finstant.htm

At the end of the page you can find the links to the next page.
    It would be a little hard to give a short review of 6 detailed pages within a few lines.

The translation is really bad, but I think some sense is understandable - and there are a lot of detailed pictures.
    Small ones are clickable too.

regards
    mb1
    Quote Quote  
  13. Cool! Looks like we did not kill their server. Its chugging along at 85 bytes a second! When it moves... Kind of like the Korean site for "Wonderful days".

Wonder what the hit rate on their server is right now?
    Quote Quote  
  14. I hear you. Been trying to get it all day long. Can someone set up a mirror maybe?
    Quote Quote  
  15. I must say that the quality of this program looks amazing. To my amatuer (yet experienced) eyes the quality of the copy is around 95-98% of original, compared to dvd2one @ 85-90%. There is very little quality loss (at least with the settings used on that German language page).
    Quote Quote  
  16. Guest
    what did you convert?
    how long did it take just for the encoding part?
    did all menus come through?
    if the movie was a 2hour movie, do you have plans to try a 3 hr movie?
    does the program work with daemon tools?

basically please add some details ... we're interested!
    Quote Quote  
  17. Sorry I'm just observing the screencaptures done by this reviewer: http://www.dvd-svcd-hilfe.de/forum/mb1/instantcopy7/instant.htm

If you look through it you'll see some comparison shots:

Original:
    http://www.dvd-svcd-hilfe.de/forum/mb1/instantcopy7/images/original.jpg

Instant Copy 7:
    http://www.dvd-svcd-hilfe.de/forum/mb1/instantcopy7/images/instant.jpg

Check the 2nd set of B&W pictures on this page:
    http://www.dvd-svcd-hilfe.de/forum/mb1/instantcopy7/instant5.htm

Where the two guys are moving through a swamp..check the detail on the faces, clearly dvd2one is softer/blurry compared to the original and instant copy.
    Quote Quote  

18. Correct me if I am wrong, but is this not the software that Pinnacle purchased from Instant VOB. If so what happens to us who purhcased it from them? Instant VOB site is now down so very interesting.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Guest
    you are probably correct because you can see that the demo download is coming from www.vob.de
    Quote Quote  
  20. Please can someone post a mirror to this. 46 hours left to go to download and I'm not on dial up
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by magicmycote
    I must say that the quality of this program looks amazing. To my amatuer (yet experienced) eyes the quality of the copy is around 95-98% of original, compared to dvd2one @ 85-90%. There is very little quality loss (at least with the settings used on that German language page).
    Amatuer but yet experienced eyes? Very interesting.
    Quote Quote  
  22. It moving! 187bytes a second and up to 63.4k

The Amazon uk wont sell out side of GB and Europe. Can buy R2 DVD but not this trinket. Go figure.

Cant wait till Hollywood get wind of this!
    Quote Quote  
  23. If you download the demo, mirror it! It's impossible to get it at this time.
    Quote Quote  
  24. I'll be happy to provide a temporary mirror.
    edit: ok I got the file..thanks dhlduke
    Quote Quote  
  25. So can someone explain exactly what the difference would be between instant copy and DVDXcopy? Anyone have better or equal results btwn the two programs?? Just curious, since I already forked out the 80.00 clams for DVDxcopy.

laters
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    without having tried it

(but i have to mention it did take 3 hrs to d/l the sucker)

the one advantage is a dvd9 disk (2 layer) to only one disk, whereas dvd2one only goes 1layer per dvdr
    Quote Quote  
  27. I was able to download the demo in about an hour and 20 minutes using Gozilla.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Well it'll be nice if you could send it to someone who is willing to make a mirror for it so everyone can try the program out. Thank You

dhluke

P.S. I don't think you can email 15MB but you can setup a little ftp or break it into 2 parts and upload it to a free web host page or something.
    Quote Quote  
  29. dhluke, if it were really difficult to get from the original site, then I would consider setting up an ftp but as I tried to explain above; all you need to do is install a shareware download manager like Gozilla and you won't have any problem getting it from the Vob site.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ctvideo

Correct me if I am wrong, but is this not the software that Pinnacle purchased from Instant VOB. If so what happens to us who purhcased it from them? Instant VOB site is now down so very interesting.
    You know, I bought Instant VOB last December. The web site said it could make back up copies of DVD's, but I haven't found out how to do that.
    There's very little documentation with it.
    I don't have a bad attitude...
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!