Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Guest
    This looks very interesting:

http://www.srv2000.com/

* Support DVD2One 1.0 compressor
    * Audio Compression (AC3 -> Stereo) - if desired
    * Scenes preview for easy discarding and better image quality.
    * Full assistant included. step by step instructions
    * ISO files manager. List your previous backups, view them or burn them again.
    * Full Daemon Tools support. Mount any ISO in seconds.

They have plans to expand their compression protocol too:

* Support for CCE encoder.
    * Support for TMPG encoder.
    * DVD9-> 2 x DVD5 mode
    * Keep main menu.

First tests look promising ... more to follow.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Great find Robw,

Testing it now it does the rip and then dvd2one. Also you can pick the file size which is great.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Seems to give you more control of DVD2ONE. Not a bad idea. Now maybe people will see what quality they are losing and can adjust accordingly.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Looks very promising. I hope they change the greeen background though .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Problem installing DVDbot. It keeps saying "caused an error in DVDbot-install.exe". I'm running Win98ME. Does it require XP or W2K??
    Quote Quote  
  6. Looks like a great piece of software.... I have an issue though, I start it and it doesn't recognize the DVD in my drive. Just says "No DVD detected".... Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Mickey
    Quote Quote  
  7. Sweet Bro, it fiqures, I just got DVDdecrypter, DVD2one and RecordNow to work properly and something better comes along, I hope, lol.

Peace,
    Zorin
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yeh I'm getting the same thing here "No DVD Detected" whats the deal on that.

Peace,
    Zorin
    Quote Quote  
  9. If you have 2 DVD drives in your system it seems that it wants to rip the movie from the dvd writer.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by wulf109
    Problem installing DVDbot. It keeps saying "caused an error in DVDbot-install.exe". I'm running Win98ME. Does it require XP or W2K??
    Are u connected to the internet when u install and run for the first time.
    Quote Quote  
  11. wulf did you read the FAQ from it:

Why did i need an internet connection few minutes at DVDBot startup ?
    We give free access to the program because it's in beta stage. But finally, DVDBot is a shareware program... don't worry, it is not very expensive. So internet connection allow us to end the free test, and prevent the program from further running, when it becomes shareware. Of course, we will announce this on this website.

I have a proxy and DVDBot don't work.
    Open the DVDBot.ini file in your DVDBot install diectory. Then fill-in proxy names & port needed in the [proxy] section.
    [-Neoh*-]|[-Cheers-]
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by zorinsmarket
    Yeh I'm getting the same thing here "No DVD Detected" whats the deal on that.

Peace,
    Zorin
    It seams that The DVD has to be on the primary channel and Master. This is just my thought as i Just hooked up four DVD's and tryied them all in the master slot and the rest in slave and on the second channel, the only way it would find a DVD is if it was the master on channel one. The I loaded ImageDrive and none would work. load up an image and it worked again. Hope this helps, again it would work on all four drives but only on the one that was set as master on Pri. channel.

Forgot to say I put in just a cdrom as master to try and three dvdroms and still would not work unless I had the DVDROM as master on primary channel. Also I have SCSI raid so I do not know about IDE HD and what would help if that is your setup.
    Quote Quote  
  13. The drive is on its own IDE cable as master, but still no luck. This program seems to have a bug in it, it really shouldn't matter what channel u used, it should just find the drive, other then that the program loaded fine, but could not find the drive.

Peace,
    Zorin
    Quote Quote  
  14. Guest
    Looks like the authors are aware of the "DVD detection issue"

we are looking to fix this. you should have a new version today or at least, tomorrow.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Seems to have problems with the Audio selection. I selected AC3 6 channel wound up with DTS. Also you can only select 1 subtitle.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Their download link doesn't seem to be wroking. Any other sites?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Guest
    Their download link doesn't seem to be wroking. Any other sites?
    I think they were just switching over to a new vesion. Now I see version 0.9a is available. Will check it out.
    Quote Quote  
  18. we hope v0.9a fix problems

------------------------
    DVDBot team member
    Quote Quote  
  19. whats the point? it never recognizes my drive, using 0/9a
    Quote Quote  
  20. The new Version now detects my drives and DVD correctly.

OOPs spoke too soon worked the first time now won't Detect my DVD anymore.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by NYPlayer
    The new Version now detects my drives and DVD correctly.

OOPs spoke too soon worked the first time now won't Detect my DVD anymore.
    if you exit DVDBot then run agin ?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Doesn't work. It would be easier if we had a drop down box to select the DVD drive as we do to select the hardrive. Back to the scrap heap till it's fixed.
    Quote Quote  
  23. jvc7845

This is the deal I have a DVD-ROM drive and an external Sony DRX500ul. If I have the Sony powered up it won't detect my DVD. If I power down the Sony and run DVDbot. It will find and recognize the movie in my DVD-Rom drive. I then can power up my Sony and stick in a blank DVD and it works.

The problem seems to occur when you have 2 DVD drives. In the case of someone having an internal DVD-Rom and DVD writer it won't work.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by NYPlayer
    jvc7845

This is the deal I have a DVD-ROM drive and an external Sony DRX500ul. If I have the Sony powered up it won't detect my DVD. If I power down the Sony and run DVDbot. It will find and recognize the movie in my DVD-Rom drive. I then can power up my Sony and stick in a blank DVD and it works.

The problem seems to occur when you have 2 DVD drives. In the case of someone having an internal DVD-Rom and DVD writer it won't work.
    okay! i'm happy you find the issue
    ------------------------
    DVDBot team member
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I installed it while connected to the internet but program will not install and I don't have a proxy.
    My interest in the program was because the web page says it will compress an audio stream. Is this true,could you for example change the bitrate of the 0x80 stream from 448 to 192B/R ???
    I looked at the screen shots and it mentions it but does not show how to do it. Does it only let you select a stream or does it actually compresss a stream??
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by wulf109
    I installed it while connected to the internet but program will install and I don't have a proxy.
    My interest in the program was because the web page says it will compress an audio stream. Is this true,could you for example change the bitrate of the 0x80 stream from 448 to 192b/R ???
    Ilooked at the screen shots and it mentions it but does not show how to do it. Does it only let you select a stream or does it actually compresss a stream??
    Yes u can change the sound bit rate but to two channel 192 only, tells u what the change will save u. But will be two channel. It is just a right click then change 2 Channel 192. Hope this answers your ?. I have been testing it and really seems to be just an all in one package for DVD2ONE it rips, Uses DVD2ONE if u want, then makes an image, and then burns if u want.
    Quote Quote  
  27. I found out running DVDbot with audio compression will cause the program to crash. So compression does not work.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Installed the new 9a and still not detecting dvd or drive.

Peace,
    Zorin
    Quote Quote  
  29. Don't feel bad Zorin, it won't detect the DVD or either one of my drives. My Lite-On LTD-166S DVD reader or my Pioneer A05 writer. Hope an update will fix this problem. Well, I'll try Pinnacle Instant Copy instead; was hoping to see how dvdbot worked but...
    Quote Quote  
  30. Hmm, if I tell Sygate to not allow dvdbot to connect to their IP then it detects the DVD and my drives. Well, I'll test this out and post the results later. Cheers 8)
    Quote Quote