VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by BernieR
    Hello rm,

I have tried to do that and no joy
    I was able to use Gumby to split my mpeg-2 file 1.85 Gig Jurassic parrk output from forty-two into three less than 700mb .mpg files. I have tried all sorts of things to import those files into a program to get them to burn as svcd but no joy.
    Bernie
    Bernie...

You really need to trust me on the Toast thing Its not gonna work out for ya...Use Missing media Burner.

Toast *cannot* process SVCD mpeg2. It *only* works with VCD mpeg1 mpeg files.

-K
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by BernieR
    Hello KAI!,

Ok, may be this info will help. I saw that VLC just came out with a new version so i d/l it. Wow, it is much better than the version that i was using a few months ago!

So, i opened the JURASSIC169-1.bin file and played it. YES, it looks really HQ and insync. BUT, it only seems to play exactly 60:00 min.
    That is because it is only 1 disc Hence 60 mins

Can I ask you something? Why not try another dvd? I really can't do anything, or determine if this is an overarching problem with us banging our head against these two titles, neither of which I have, or can get, until my town thaws out.

-K
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by BernieR
    Hello rm,

I have tried to do that and no joy
    I was able to use Gumby to split my mpeg-2 file 1.85 Gig Jurassic parrk output from forty-two into three less than 700mb .mpg files.
    I think this point is getting lost on you as well. vcds and svcds, for a *full* disk, on 80min media (700mb/80min) are *800MB* not 700MB.

Believe this, like you believe the sun rises in the east. I know what the CDR *says* on it, but we are burning in XA mode 2, which uses the *Time* Number, not Data mode 1, which uses the Mb number.

-K
    Quote Quote  
  4. OK,
    kinda good news here:

Going back to V1 files that were output from StarWars DVD to VCD remember you wind up with THREE .mpg files, only the first would import into toast.

Well, i just used Gumby "VCD Jelly" and check the box that says "replace header" and viola -- the new .mpg files import into toast and burn with pride (on VCD setting)

As regards to Jurassic park, i guess your right Kai, i should just give up hope. The crazy thing is that i have a 1.85 gig mpeg-2 file that i bet i will find a way to use eventually. The quality looks so good that its tough to throw it away....

Bernie
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by BernieR
    OK,
    kinda good news here:

Going back to V1 files that were output from StarWars DVD to VCD remember you wind up with THREE .mpg files, only the first would import into toast.

Well, i just used Gumby "VCD Jelly" and check the box that says "replace header" and viola -- the new .mpg files import into toast and burn with pride (on VCD setting)
    This is BAD BAD BAD!!!! They are *not* vcds. PLEASE don't do this, you are only making *broken* disks, in the wrong format, no less. PBC won't work right, among other things

As regards to Jurassic park, i guess your right Kai, i should just give up hope. The crazy thing is that i have a 1.85 gig mpeg-2 file that i bet i will find a way to use eventually. The quality looks so good that its tough to throw it away....

Bernie
    Then you can use MMT to split it into 800MB chunks, then use either VCD Builder (EXCELLENT commerical quality software...even does SVCD Menus) or GNU vcdtoolsX to build proper SVCD images.

In fact VCD Builder integrates with toast by building multi-track XA images (ugh) but either way, its better than hacking the headers to force toast to do something it wasn't designed to do

You seem to really have a vested interest in toast

-K
    Quote Quote  
  6. How big is the .bin file you have of jurassic

later,

dick
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by KaiCherry
    Originally Posted by BernieR
    OK,
    kinda good news here:

This is BAD BAD BAD!!!! They are *not* vcds. PLEASE don't do this, you are only making *broken* disks, in the wrong format, no less. PBC won't work right, among other things

Bernie
    Then you can use MMT to split it into 800MB chunks, then use either VCD Builder (EXCELLENT commerical quality software...even does SVCD Menus) or GNU vcdtoolsX to build proper SVCD images.

In fact VCD Builder integrates with toast by building multi-track XA images (ugh) but either way, its better than hacking the headers to force toast to do something it wasn't designed to do

You seem to really have a vested interest in toast

-K

KAI!

the files i was able to get to work from Star Wars II were DVD to VCD (mpg-1) NOT SVCD!!!!!!!! They were not acceptable (#2 and #3 file) as output from forty-two version 1 into toast, but when i changed the header using Gumby they worked -- as VCD NOT SVCD!!!

So, the out put of v1 for the setting (DVD to VCD) only needed to change the header to get VCD to work!

again this is OLD news as you have already moved on to v1.5 and bin files so its moldy news .

Bernie
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by rmassung
    How big is the .bin file you have of jurassic

later,

dick
    Hey Dick,

Output from forty-two v1.5 for Jurassic Park was as such:

in a folder named "burn this"
    JURASSIC169-1.bin 805.7 mb
    JURASSIC169-1.cue 4kb

in a seperate folder:
    JURASSIC169-1.mpg 1.85gig
    biles.mpv 1.62 gig
    biles.mp2 202.6 gig

i have tried to put that bin through gumby and toast and mmb but can not get it to burn a working Svcd.

If i try to put the 1.85gig mpg file into SVCD builder in Gumby i get a unix error code.

Bernie
    Quote Quote  
  9. AHHHH

Well for vcd its cool

People use gimby to do all KINDS of things, bordering on Satanic Ritual, lol...

Which is fine of course, if you like that sort of thing

Party On

-K
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by KaiCherry
    AHHHH

Well for vcd its cool

People use gimby to do all KINDS of things, bordering on Satanic Ritual,
    -K

Now i have in my mind Gumby being bent over some Satanic Ritual bench and tortured until he turns green , oh wait he IS green!

Bernie
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

OK i was able to mount the JURASSIC169-1.bin from toast "disc images" -- so i mount the .bin and get a "VCD" volume on desktop.

So then i drag that volume to toast and burn it as xa. It comes out as a SVCD! -- it plays in one of my home DVD players well (only one of three).

The problem is that it does not play (the AVSEQ01.MPG) in mplayer and QT says in out error.

the biggest problem is that it is only 39 minutes of the movie. Where is the rest????? Remember there was only one .bin output from forty-two

Bernie
    are you encoding as SVCD or VCD? if you are encoding as vcd just drop the bin file into toast as a video cd and burn.. .if you are burning an SVCD i dont suggest using toast at all unless u make the bin into cdrom-xa tracks using something like vcdtoolsx... i find the best way to go about burning these bin/cue files if SVCD is using cdrdao-- ross has put together a nice gui for this called missingmediaburner.

homepage.mac.com/rnc

*note: if you ever have problems in cdrdao, but it *IS* recognizing your burner sometimes you need to manually edit the .cue file taking out any occurance of the line "FLAGS DCP"-- cdrdao doesn't appear to like that line too much and vcdimager will throw that in sometimes when creating bin/cue
    As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
    drawn outside the lines of reason.
    Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition leaving all these opportunities behind.
    Quote Quote  
  12. hey guys,
    I noticed the audio track in my dvd-dvd forty-two iso image is only the 2 channel track (this is isomina by the way) . Is there a way to get the 6 channel audio track (being a little picky here)?

Also the sync is severly off... weird as I did the same movie in 1.02 with no problem
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sherry
    Originally Posted by galactica
    K-
    Every dvd to svcd program out there (before forty two) should have come with a small * saying "may induce suffering and pain when used on your mac inorder to get the prodcut you think you have only to find out it is not in sync"
    /Galactica
    Galactica, you're not really fair with Major who did a hell of a great job. ffmpegX is just a top-knotch app especially as you can now do authoring for Xvid which more or less matches video quality of PC's DivX5.
    Im not trying to discredit ffmpegx. I have the most recent version installed and use it all the time for non SVCD related issues. I was just trying to emphasize how nice Forty-Two is for Direct DVD to SVCD conversion, a thing ffmpegx seem to have trouble with.

All of the source programs like ffmpegx and forty-two are wonderful and thier hardworking makes should be exhaulted in the Mac Hall Of Fame!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by bilestyle
    Hello,

OK i was able to mount the JURASSIC169-1.bin from toast "disc images" -- so i mount the .bin and get a "VCD" volume on desktop.

So then i drag that volume to toast and burn it as xa. It comes out as a SVCD! -- it plays in one of my home DVD players well (only one of three).

The problem is that it does not play (the AVSEQ01.MPG) in mplayer and QT says in out error.

the biggest problem is that it is only 39 minutes of the movie. Where is the rest????? Remember there was only one .bin output from forty-two

Bernie
    are you encoding as SVCD or VCD? if you are encoding as vcd just drop the bin file into toast as a video cd and burn.. .if you are burning an SVCD i dont suggest using toast at all unless u make the bin into cdrom-xa tracks using something like vcdtoolsx... i find the best way to go about burning these bin/cue files if SVCD is using cdrdao-- ross has put together a nice gui for this called missingmediaburner.

homepage.mac.com/rnc

*note: if you ever have problems in cdrdao, but it *IS* recognizing your burner sometimes you need to manually edit the .cue file taking out any occurance of the line "FLAGS DCP"-- cdrdao doesn't appear to like that line too much and vcdimager will throw that in sometimes when creating bin/cue
    Hello Bile,

I am trying to go DVD to Svcd. MMB doesnt seem to want to work with my cd burner so i guess i will just have to wait until you guys make a drag and drop solution that works with Toast.

Bernie
    Quote Quote