VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by KaiCherry
    Originally Posted by BernieR
    ok NOW ive read the docs. Will it output several bin/cue's as to fit on each 700mb cd-r for vcd of long movie?
    Bernie
    yep.

-K
    NOPE!

Finished Jurassic Park DVD to SVCD in about 2 days.
    Now i am left with two files:
    Jurassic 169-1.bin 805.8 MB
    Jurassic 169-1.cue 805.8MB

Kai, how do i make these work with toast to get a VCD?

Bernie

BTW -- even after quiting the forty-two app after completion, the computer is still slow and seems like its still working on the forty-two app even though i have quit it. (cursor input still slow to respond ect)

Bernie
    Quote Quote  
  2. the other output folder of the Jurassic session is a .mpg of 1.85 GB.

This mpg REALLY looks good. The audio is great and the video quality is really nice. But how to fit it on a cdr?

Bernie
    Quote Quote  
  3. You could hunt down an app named Gumby and it has a SVCD fixer on it, drop it in and hit process and it will make your .bin file compatible in Toast. Or you could look up and app called missing media burner and use it to load the .cue file and check the overburn box and it will handle your images just fine.

latyer,

rob
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by BernieR
    Originally Posted by KaiCherry
    ok NOW ive read the docs. Will it output several bin/cue's as to fit on each 700mb cd-r for vcd of long movie?
    Bernie
    yep.

-K
    NOPE!
    YEP.

You owe us an apology.

This is EXACTLY the thing that PISSES me off to NO END and has us at the end of our rope with this software, and supporting it.

The manual TELLS YOU exactly what to do with these files. I guess if we update it (I found a divx bug today) we will have to autogen a doc file in the output dir called "What Do I Do With These Files?" AND PRAY people read it

In Docs, Page 6, What you're left with...its right there.

*Disk Images* Bernie. Drag the *disk images* onto Toast. Toast will know that the .bin file is a *Disk Image*.

Put in an 80min/700MB CDR and burn.

As Toast burns often don't work in some DVD players, we recomment Ross' excellent cdrdao GUI, MissingMediaBurner.

-K
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by CaseyComb
    Man I am just burnt on this program, I keep staring at the screen with 0 frames encoded, 0 hours, and 0 minutes left. Im just going to go out and buy a dvd burner for my PC. Jesus $200.00 is at least worth my sanity and peace of mind. Keep up the good work Kai, let me know when you offer the program for sale. Then at least I will truly have something to complain about. $200.00 will set me back but it wont bankrupt me.

Program that wont work properly = $00.00
    Freeware for the PC that will = $00.00
    DVD Burner for PC = $200.00

Keeping your sanity.... = Priceless

There are some things money cant buy, for everything else...
    I wasn't going to reply to this but I feel I must.

Casey...WHAT IN HELL ARE YOU DOING? What have YOU done to OSX?

Has it ONCE OCCURED TO YOU that if you can't even get Stuffit Expander to open a supported file type that MAYBE, Just MAYBE the problem is YOU AND YOUR SYSTEM?!?!

HOW DARE YOU insult us this way!!!

FOR THE RECORD...my sanity has been all but shot by assine, bordering on RETARDED spoiled adults that are too lazy or too stupid to operate even a Macintosh computer and Read Instructions.

How about you re-install your system SO IT WORKS THE WAY APPLE SHIPPED IT before you make another comment about our, or anyone else software YOU MORONIC SOD.

For the love of God man, your system won't even unstuff a file! DOESN'T THAT TELL YOU *SOMETHING*?

Je-ZUS!!

-K
    Quote Quote  
  6. double post, sorry.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by polopo43
    For instance, I have heard that the next version of Sizzle will probably support chapters...
    That's why I would prefer to build my DVD-disc image with Sizzle instead of Forty-Two (no offense again....)

You see what I mean ?
    if/when sizzle supports chapters, so too will forty-two if Henery goes the way I think he will.

Actually, it *could* support chapters now...its just *tedious*. Its in my "experimental" code tree while we work out the process by hand to make sure that its correct 90% + of the time.

*Unfortunately* if we *do* implement this, it would be in a "fast split" (DVD to 2 DVD-R) type mode as opposed to the re-encoding modes.

Sorry

-K
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by BernieR
    delete
    Do you REALLY think I care? lol!

Look dude...if you didn't read the docs then have the gall to post something that is so blatently, patently wrong...

TOTALLY unreal.

C'mon.

Well, thanks for giving forty-two a try

-K
    Quote Quote  
  9. Kai,

I started earlier today to convert a DVD to SVCD. The encoding of Video is already finished en now is the status: Encoding audio. For almost an hour the file size is 103 MB. I think there is a problem. Am I right?

Apologize for the bad English. It is not my usual language.

Theo
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by KaiCherry
    Originally Posted by KaiCherry
    Bernie
    yep.

-K
    NOPE!
    YEP.

You owe us an apology.

This is EXACTLY the thing that PISSES me off to NO END and has us at the end of our rope with this software, and supporting it.

The manual TELLS YOU exactly what to do with these files. I guess if we update it (I found a divx bug today) we will have to autogen a doc file in the output dir called "What Do I Do With These Files?" AND PRAY people read it

In Docs, Page 6, What you're left with...its right there.

*Disk Images* Bernie. Drag the *disk images* onto Toast. Toast will know that the .bin file is a *Disk Image*.

Put in an 80min/700MB CDR and burn.

As Toast burns often don't work in some DVD players, we recomment Ross' excellent cdrdao GUI, MissingMediaBurner.

-K
    Kai,

Look,
    on page 6 it says i am left with "Disk Images" ..... so when i see .bin and .cue i am supposed to know that they are disc images??? Ok if you say so smarty pants!

So, i drag both the .bin and .cue to toast (at disc images section - remember your manual says images plural so i drag both and the folder says burn whats in here!) and it says that toast could not detect the format of the .cue file.

So here is the extent of your instructions in the manual: "Forty-two will automagically clean up after itself and leave you with an ISO
    disc image. These can be used in Mac OS X’s Disc Copy, Roxio’s Toast,

So i drag the .bin file to disc image and mount it. I get a volume that says VCD on desk top. I burn this and it doesnt play -- well it will kinda play in mplayer -- it starts about half way into the movie and big green macroblocks and skips and jumps, and freezes make it impossible.
    Besidesshouldnt there be more than one VCD when you go DVD to VCD of full length movie -- i only see one ????. If this is supposed to be drag and drop easy then it failed -- just like V-1 failed to produce a DVD to VCD of a full-length movie that was toast compatable.

The manual tells me "exactly" what to do with those files" --- nope, it should have said throw them in the trash! The file worth keeping is the one in the other folder the app produced -- the MPG-2 file -- that really looks and sounds good -- congrats!! , but at 1.85 gigs it will have to be split into proper size to fit on cdr---

Look, I sent you $100 right away when you released V1. Here's my apology to you. I apologize for sending you the money. I wont do it again!

Bernie
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by BernieR
    Kai,

Look,
    on page 6 it says i am left with "Disk Images" ..... so when i see .bin and .cue i am supposed to know that they are disc images??? Ok if you say so smarty pants!
    SEE?! Now *THIS* is helpful and will be addressed...TODAY.

Your donation at work.

So, i drag both the .bin and .cue to toast (at disc images section - remember your manual says images plural so i drag both and the folder says burn whats in here!) and it says that toast could not detect the format of the .cue file.
    This will be rectified. Done and Done. Your donation at work.

So here is the extent of your instructions in the manual: "Forty-two will automagically clean up after itself and leave you with an ISO
    disc image. These can be used in Mac OS X?s Disc Copy, Roxio?s Toast,
    This is a matter of *huge* concern if it is not happening. It may be that one of the downloads has a wrong version. This will be dealt with...today.

Look..i'm sorry I had to get you *angry enough* to give us good information that we can use to help you. You have *got to at least consider* the *unimaginable grief* we are suffering thru with incomplete "bug reports" and REALLY NASTY emails that are completely unhelpful.

So i drag the .bin file to disc image and mount it. I get a volume that says VCD on desk top. I burn this and it doesnt play -- well it will kinda play in mplayer -- it starts about half way into the movie and big green macroblocks and skips and jumps, and freezes make it impossible.
    Like i said above, we do NOT recommend toast for this as its "iffy" at best. Ross' MissingMediaBurner does a better job.

I was going to include a "Drop Cue File Here To Burn" scriptlet, but the other guys didn't think it was neccessary.

I now see that it is. This will be rectified. Your donation dollars at work.

Besidesshouldnt there be more than one VCD when you go DVD to VCD of full length movie -- i only see one ????. If this is supposed to be drag and drop easy then it failed -- just like V-1 failed to produce a DVD to VCD of a full-length movie that was toast compatable.
    You are 110% correct in this regard. Looking at your filenames, I believe it failed because there is a space, which it should not do. Either this will fixed in the code to work, or in the docs to say not to do it, *or* in the code to replace the spaces with underscores. This may have effected the cleanup code as well.

Again...Your donation dollars at work.

The manual tells me "exactly" what to do with those files" --- nope, it should have said throw them in the trash! The file worth keeping is the one in the other folder the app produced -- the MPG-2 file -- that really looks and sounds good -- congrats!! , but at 1.85 gigs it will have to be split into proper size to fit on cdr---
    Look...you found a bug. Instead of reporting it as such, you instead took the totally wrong tact. Do you honestly believe we did not test the splitting at all? Of course we did.

Out of force of habit it *never* occured to me to put in spaces..its very unix unfriendly.

Look, I sent you $100 right away when you released V1. Here's my apology to you. I apologize for sending you the money. I wont do it again!

Bernie

Would you like it back? Seriously...if you are this frustrated, it makes me feel like i'm stealing from you and I do *not* feel comfortable with that at all.

Please let me know.

-K
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by KaiCherry
    delete
    Do you REALLY think I care? lol!

Look dude...if you didn't read the docs then have the gall to post something that is so blatently, patently wrong...

TOTALLY unreal.

C'mon.

Well, thanks for giving forty-two a try

-K
    Well! it appears that I am most likely the wrong one here.

My public apologie to you Bernie, and to anyone else this may have effected (THE BUG OR THE "RANT").

It will be rectified today.

-K
    Quote Quote  
  13. Hello Kai,

I am sorry too. I thought my tone in every post was ' hey im stuck here and im a newbie at this and could you explain it some more Kai' but i may have pushed you over the edge here today....

I dont want the money back, but i really would like to see a full length go from DVD to VCD or SVCD in sync. I will wait some more

You know, regarding DVDCOPY for pc it seems to do one thing and do it (fairly) well. Do you feel Kai, that your project is so ambitious that it will take a lot more resources (time and money) to really have a stable program to convert DVD's to so many different outputs formats???? It seems an enormous task. Can it really be done succesfully in a donation ware setting? I guess thats the 1,000,000 question! I've offered 1% as a challenge!

Bernie
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by rmassung
    You could hunt down an app named Gumby and it has a SVCD fixer on it, drop it in and hit process and it will make your .bin file compatible in Toast. Or you could look up and app called missing media burner and use it to load the .cue file and check the overburn box and it will handle your images just fine.

latyer,

rob
    Hey Rob,

Can you point me to Gumby? VersionTracker shows nothing for "Gumby"

thanks!

Bernie
    Quote Quote  
  15. For the record Kai, I was able to unstuff the file. Being the mac illiterate that I am, what makes you think I've somehow altered the OS or it's settings in some way to screw up my system? You shouldn't assume, that makes an...well I'm sure you get my point. It's not hooked up to the internet, I load legitimate programs on it, What could I have done to it? I wouldn't know how to screw it up anyway. Maybe... just maybe, the program aint as perfect as you thought it was. Tell you what, in all fairness I'll go so far as to do a clean re-install of the OS and then attempt to try this program again. I think you guys have a good idea. I would love nothing more than to heap praise on you and donate whatever I can. It just aint everything it claims to be. I mean really... you can't even rip the DVD first. Who really want's to put that much wear on their drive. Especially if its an expensive one. Okay...dude.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by BernieR
    Hello Kai,

I am sorry too. I thought my tone in every post was ' hey im stuck here and im a newbie at this and could you explain it some more Kai' but i may have pushed you over the edge here today....
    Its a culmination actually, and my "handler" took the day off. I *know* I'm going to hear it tomorrow, tho.

I dont want the money back, but i really would like to see a full length go from DVD to VCD or SVCD in sync. I will wait some more
    Its really OK. Seriously. we are not trying to make *anyone* fell like they are getting scammed.

If not, thanks again. I will send you a fixed version later today. Unfortunatly it looks like the *safe* fix is to disallow spaces.

If this is unacceptable, we'll try harder. It'll take longer, tho

You know, regarding DVDCOPY for pc it seems to do one thing and do it (fairly) well. Do you feel Kai, that your project is so ambitious that it will take a lot more resources (time and money) to really have a stable program to convert DVD's to so many different outputs formats???? It seems an enormous task. Can it really be done succesfully in a donation ware setting? I guess thats the 1,000,000 question! I've offered 1% as a challenge!
    The thing is, the complexity comes from making it so "end user simple". The math wasn't *too* hard, but the "what if they do THIS?" part is what makes Mac Software "Mac Software" and its what we are trying to achieve. Its also slowly killing me, I think

Its a *lot* harder than it looks That's why Johnathan Ive is one of my "heroes" in this regard...

"The apparent simplicity of the solution belies the underlying complexity."

How true it is...how very, very true.

forty-two has grown up *quite* a bit and has become more than we *ever* thought it would. Its insane really, what its "still trying" to do, even the fact that we are doing it.

Small aside/history: forty-two started out as a *simple script* to do dvd analysis so that I could use *something else* to do the work.

Bilestyle the Great talked me into what you see today. With a dev team of three guys, a development "warchest" of a bit less than the cost of a top-o-the-line PG G4 12" and *hundreds* of manhours of work, I don't think we've done *that* bad of a job

We'll fix that damned bug. Thank you for pointing it out. If you'd like to bother, try a short chapter run with a name w/o spaces and tell me if it does what it should with 1 bin/cue.

*Believe it or not* that was *orders of magnitude* harder to figure out on the fly in the code than mulitple disks, lol.

-K

Bernie[/quote]
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by CaseyComb
    For the record Kai, I was able to unstuff the file. Being the mac illiterate that I am, what makes you think I've somehow altered the OS or it's settings in some way to screw up my system?
    Ok...i was a bit harse. It probably wasn't *you* directly but some idiots Package installer that changed the permissions of your stuff wrong. Which is why all that suff is *optional* for us. We don't wanna go there.

You shouldn't assume, that makes an...well I'm sure you get my point. It's not hooked up to the internet, I load legitimate programs on it, What could I have done to it? I wouldn't know how to screw it up anyway. Maybe... just maybe, the program aint as perfect as you thought it was.
    it is by no means perfect, nor was it my intent to infer this. However, it really does seem that something is going on with your machine and a clean install (maybe an archive install) certainlyy wouldn't hurt it.

Tell you what, in all fairness I'll go so far as to do a clean re-install of the OS and then attempt to try this program again.
    *Please* do. In fact if you are still having a problem after that point, email me. I'll send you my phone number and you can *call me collect* as there is no reason why you should be having these issues on a "good" install of Mac OS X.

I'll help you if I can. I've done it before, lol.

I think you guys have a good idea. I would love nothing more than to heap praise on you and donate whatever I can. It just aint everything it claims to be. I mean really... you can't even rip the DVD first. Who really want's to put that much wear on their drive. Especially if its an expensive one. Okay...dude.
    Ummmm...Casey

In fact, for mpeg transcodes it does this. Always has, just not in a way folks are "used to".

And I added this to the divx engine today. I'm stuck under several feet of snow and I want the drive back for the divx stuff, since I won't be doing it overnight.

-K
    Quote Quote  
  18. Kai,

BTW -- my "delete" post above was a post that i quoted wrong and edited it out so i just put "delete" to show that i deleted the post .. sorry

ALSO,

all the files i am left with after the Jurassic conversion are space free!

for example:
    in folder #1

1-JURASSIC169.mpg
    biles.mp2
    biles.mpv

in folder #2 ( that says "burn whats in here")
    JURASSIC169-1.bin
    JURASSIC169-1.cue

so really not sure what went wrong.

Bernie
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by BernieR
    Kai,
    1-JURASSIC169.mpg
    biles.mp2
    biles.mpv

in folder #2 ( that says "burn whats in here")
    JURASSIC169-1.bin
    JURASSIC169-1.cue

so really not sure what went wrong.

Bernie
    Ahhhhh! Great. can you I'm me please? also, get vlc so we can look at A) those bin files and B) the title you tried to convert. I'm looking at my A-OK "US Marshalls" stuff here and I'm thinking we are *both* wrong and this is a Rule #1 problem:

"forty-two does not claim to work with every dvd out there"

*Please* IM me. I'll be nice...I swear. I *think* I know what may have happened but I don't have that DVD to confirm it, and heheh. I'm stuck here for days it looks like :/

-K
    Quote Quote  
  20. Hello Kai,

If "IM" is instant message, i am sorry but i dont have ichat or such installed.

If its a DVD issue i understand. But the other DVD i wanted to downsize is SWII. And if you read back a few posts i was having trouble with crashes at/after prescanning of that DVD.

I really liked the files that were spit out with version 1. It gave me three .mpg's (from the same Star Wars disc mentioned above) Too bad we couldnt get the second and third .mpg in the folder to work with toast.

I was able to burn the first .mpg using toast and it looked great. But its only about half the movie.....

In regards to VLC i dumped it and just use Mplayer cause i like the interface better and it seems to play most anything.

You know, the funny thing is that I have a good home DVD player that outputs copy friendly component video and a decent DVD-recorder that accepts component input ( and auto marks 5 min chapters) so i am happy with DVD to DVD in my home theater, but its DVD to sVCD that i wanted to use on the MAC.

Oh well,

Bernie

BTW -- the "burn whats in here " folder contains a total of 805.7 MB (844,910,582 bytes) for the .bin and .cue

How would this break down into two 700 mb VCD's?
    Quote Quote  
  21. OH,

Kai, the file 1-JURASSIC169.mpg which is 1.85 gig is accepted into toast!! if we could only break it into manageable chunks it would be great i bet!

Why would that part work in forty-two (the output of .mpg) but the bin/cue would not?

Bernie
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by BernieR
    Hello Kai,

If "IM" is instant message, i am sorry but i dont have ichat or such installed.
    Aww...damn

If its a DVD issue i understand. But the other DVD i wanted to downsize is SWII. And if you read back a few posts i was having trouble with crashes at/after prescanning of that DVD.
    I believe this may be related to the *DVD Title* moreso than anything else. I really haven't come up with a good way to "guess" the main title feature. And as I do not have That DVD there is no way to tell if they have "done something" or not. The only time i've ever had a prescanning problem was today, with a dvd whose innter ring (the one with the barcode) is screwed and can't be read.

I can't play it tho, either

I really liked the files that were spit out with version 1. It gave me three .mpg's (from the same Star Wars disc mentioned above) Too bad we couldnt get the second and third .mpg in the folder to work with toast.
    You are in a *huge* minority. People really don't understand this as much I as I thought. Folks were trying to burn those files as *data* and not in XA mode. 805MB in XA mode is less than *80 minutes* and as such fits just fine.

I was able to burn the first .mpg using toast and it looked great. But its only about half the movie.....
    this is really not the best way to do this, and toast will *never* burm mpeg2 video. Please try MissingMediaBurner. It does the job, correctly.

The mpegs will only work in toast if they are vcd, mpeg1. Too much confusion for folks that don't realise this.

In regards to VLC i dumped it and just use Mplayer cause i like the interface better and it seems to play most anything.
    mplayer's last gui i saw isn't really good for playing dvd's as you cannot pick what to play at the title/chapter level. This is what we'd need to do to figure out *where* on these dvds the *actual* really-for-real movie is in full, with the ac3 track in I assume english.

You know, the funny thing is that I have a good home DVD player that outputs copy friendly component video and a decent DVD-recorder that accepts component input ( and auto marks 5 min chapters) so i am happy with DVD to DVD in my home theater, but its DVD to sVCD that i wanted to use on the MAC.
    I think you just happened to pick to *very* tricky DVDs.

It fact today was the *first* time I got an out-of-sync result. A very old, first Gen DVD...Stargate, converting to divx of all things. Very odd.

At any rate, i'd like to get to the bottome of this. The only DVDs we *know won't* do mpeg conversions are DTS or PCM only.

We also know that if your title only has one chapter, we can't deal with this well either.

Beyond that, there is really no reason why you shouldn't be able to get a full conversion from a feature-length movie. I've never had it fail with the 1.5 code, and today was the first time it ever didn't sync right.

BTW -- the "burn whats in here " folder contains a total of 805.7 MB (844,910,582 bytes) for the .bin and .cue
    This is in fact 1 disk. You can play it in mplayer(at least from the commandline). Tell me what you find.

How would this break down into two 700 mb VCD's?
    Here is where the *other* confusion comes in. VCDs and SVCDs are burning in XA mode, like music. They hold more this way due to less error correction. In this mode, you have in fact 1 Disk at 805.7MB

That is less than *80 minutes* of data...about 79mins in fact.

-K
    Quote Quote  
  23. link for gumby.

http://gumby.misplacedmac.com/

all i ever wanted was the x-files to work. a newbie in desparation

later
    Quote Quote  
  24. Hi! I can't wait to get 42 running, so I hope someone can help me here.
    I opened up the disk image for v1.5, installed the self-installer, then installed the build forty-twoSupport. Then when I try to do any conversion, I get the same error message:

Last login: Sun Feb 16 23:40:05 on ttyp2
    /tmp/.wd
    Welcome to Darwin!
    [XXXXX XXXXXXs-Computer:~] X% /tmp/.wd
    --: /Users/X/Library/Application: No such file or directory
    --: exec: /Users/X/Library/Application: cannot execute: No such file or directory
    [XXXXX XXXXXXs-Computer:~] X%

Anyone had this problem; can anyone out there help me out?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by sickdimension
    Hi! I can't wait to get 42 running, so I hope someone can help me here.
    I opened up the disk image for v1.5, installed the self-installer, then installed the build forty-twoSupport. Then when I try to do any conversion, I get the same error message:

Last login: Sun Feb 16 23:40:05 on ttyp2
    /tmp/.wd
    Welcome to Darwin!
    [XXXXX XXXXXXs-Computer:~] X% /tmp/.wd
    --: /Users/X/Library/Application: No such file or directory
    --: exec: /Users/X/Library/Application: cannot execute: No such file or directory
    [XXXXX XXXXXXs-Computer:~] X%

Anyone had this problem; can anyone out there help me out?
    I suspect the problem is that "X"
    please move forty-two.app back to /Applications and try again.

-K

*sigh*
    Quote Quote  
  26. Hello,

OK i was able to mount the JURASSIC169-1.bin from toast "disc images" -- so i mount the .bin and get a "VCD" volume on desktop.

So then i drag that volume to toast and burn it as xa. It comes out as a SVCD! -- it plays in one of my home DVD players well (only one of three).

The problem is that it does not play (the AVSEQ01.MPG) in mplayer and QT says in out error.

the biggest problem is that it is only 39 minutes of the movie. Where is the rest????? Remember there was only one .bin output from forty-two

Bernie
    Quote Quote  
  27. bernie,

take the jurassic .bin file and drop it on SVCD fixer in the gumby beta from the link above and it will arrange it so that toast will recognize it.

then open toast and select vcd from the other menu and drop the bin file in the toast window, no mounting or anything. just hit record.

should work for you.

later
    Quote Quote  
  28. Hello rm,

I have tried to do that and no joy
    I was able to use Gumby to split my mpeg-2 file 1.85 Gig Jurassic parrk output from forty-two into three less than 700mb .mpg files. I have tried all sorts of things to import those files into a program to get them to burn as svcd but no joy.
    geeze this is a pain!
    Both Gumby and forty-two seem like Tremendously ambitious projects that if they both worked 98% of the time would be hugely benificial to those Mac users wanting to change video/audio ect. files into other formats.
    I hope very much they succed!

Bernie
    Quote Quote  
  29. Hello KAI!,

Ok, may be this info will help. I saw that VLC just came out with a new version so i d/l it. Wow, it is much better than the version that i was using a few months ago!

So, i opened the JURASSIC169-1.bin file and played it. YES, it looks really HQ and insync. BUT, it only seems to play exactly 60:00 min.

HERE is the output from "messages" if this helps:

main debug: thread 35751296 joined (src/input/input.c:191)
    main debug: unlocking module "macosx"
    main debug: thread 56297232 joined (src/video_output/video_output.c:391)
    main debug: creating new input thread
    main: playlist item `/Users/bernierussell/Desktop/new\ folder/JURASSIC169-BurnWhatsInHere/JURASSIC169-1.bin'
    main debug: waiting for thread completion
    main debug: access `', demux `', name `/Users/bernierussell/Desktop/new\ folder/JURASSIC169-BurnWhatsInHere/JURASSIC169-1.bin'
    main debug: looking for access module
    main debug: probing 8 candidates
    dvdplay debug: plugin discarded (not a valid source)
    dvdplay debug: plugin discarded (not a valid source)
    dvdread warning: dvdread module discarded (not a valid source)
    dvdread warning: dvdread module discarded (not a valid source)
    dvd warning: dvd module discarded (not a valid block device)
    dvd warning: dvd module discarded (not a valid block device)
    vcd debug: using .cue file: /Users/bernierussell/Desktop/new\ folder/JURASSIC169-BurnWhatsInHere/JURASSIC169-1.cue
    vcd debug: using vcd image file: /Users/bernierussell/Desktop/new\ folder/JURASSIC169-BurnWhatsInHere/JURASSIC169-1.bin
    vcd debug: vcd track 0 begins at sector:0
    vcd debug: vcd track 1 begins at sector:450
    vcd debug: vcd track 2, begins at sector:359228
    main debug: using access module "vcd"
    main debug: looking for demux module
    main debug: probing 1 candidate
    main debug: looking for mpeg-system module
    main debug: probing 1 candidate
    main debug: using mpeg-system module "mpeg_system"
    main debug: selecting ES 0xe0
    main debug: looking for decoder module
    main debug: probing 12 candidates
    main debug: using decoder module "mpeg_video"
    main debug: thread 56934160 (decoder) created at priority 31 (src/input/input_dec.c:141)
    main debug: selecting ES 0xc0
    main debug: looking for decoder module
    main debug: probing 12 candidates
    main debug: using decoder module "mpeg_audio"
    main debug: thread 56206336 (decoder) created at priority 35 (src/input/input_dec.c:141)
    main debug: dumping stream ID 0x0 [OK:0/D:0]
    main debug: seekable stream, position: 0/833800072 (-:--:--/-:--:--)
    main debug: dumping program 0x0, version 0 (partial)
    main debug: ES 0xbe, stream 0xbe, fourcc ` ', not selected [OK:0/ERR:0]
    main debug: ES 0xe0, stream 0xe0, fourcc `mpgv', selected [OK:0/ERR:0]
    main debug: ES 0xc0, stream 0xc0, fourcc `mpga', selected [OK:0/ERR:0]
    main debug: using demux module "ps"
    main debug: thread 56278144 (input) created at priority 34 (src/input/input.c:157)
    main debug: looking for motion compensation module
    main debug: probing 2 candidates
    main debug: using motion compensation module "motionaltivec"
    main debug: looking for idct module
    main debug: probing 3 candidates
    main debug: using idct module "idctaltivec"
    main debug: no usable vout present, spawning one
    main debug: looking for video output module
    main debug: probing 4 candidates
    macosx debug: stream has changed, refreshing interface
    main debug: no aout present, spawning one
    main debug: looking for audio output module
    main debug: probing 4 candidates
    macosx debug: system has [1] device(s)
    macosx debug: device [0] has name [Built-in audio controller]
    macosx debug: device [0] has [1] streams
    macosx debug: supported format: [44100][lpcm][30][4][1][4][2][16]
    macosx debug: getting device [0]
    macosx debug: using format: [44100][lpcm][11][8][1][8][2][32]
    macosx debug: device buffer size: [4096]
    macosx debug: device buffer frame size set to: [512]
    main debug: using audio output module "macosx"
    main debug: output 'fl32' 44100 Hz Stereo frame=1 samples/8 bytes
    main debug: mixer 'fl32' 44100 Hz Stereo frame=1 samples/8 bytes
    main debug: no need for any filter
    main debug: looking for audio mixer module
    main debug: using audio mixer module "trivial_mixer"
    main debug: looking for audio mixer module
    main debug: using audio mixer module "trivial_mixer"
    main debug: input 'mpga' 44100 Hz Stereo frame=1152 samples/1262 bytes
    main debug: filter(s) 'mpga'->'fl32' 44100 Hz->44100 Hz Stereo->Stereo
    main debug: looking for audio filter module
    main debug: probing 18 candidates
    main debug: using audio filter module "mpgatofixed32"
    main debug: found a filter for the whole conversion
    main debug: filter(s) 'fl32'->'fl32' 48510 Hz->44100 Hz Stereo->Stereo
    main debug: looking for audio filter module
    main debug: probing 18 candidates
    main debug: using audio filter module "ugly_resampler"
    main debug: found a filter for the whole conversion
    main debug: using video output module "macosx"
    main debug: got 8 direct buffer(s)
    main debug: picture in 480x480, chroma 0x49343230 (I420), aspect ratio 4:3
    main debug: picture out 480x480, chroma 0x49343230 (I420), aspect ratio 4:3
    main debug: direct render, mapping render pictures 0-6 to system pictures 1-7
    main debug: thread 57066032 (video output) created at priority 33 (src/video_output/video_output.c:368)
    mpeg_video warning: dts != current_pts (-519767)
    mpeg_video warning: backward_pts != dts (158878)
    mpeg_video warning: backward_pts != current_pts (-41700)
    mpeg_video warning: vpar synchro warning: pts != current_date (-157069)
    mpeg_video warning: stream periodicity changed from B[1] to B[2]
    mpeg_video warning: stream periodicity changed from B[2] to B[1]
    mpeg_video warning: stream periodicity changed from B[1] to B[2]
    mpeg_video debug: decoded 108/108 pictures

uh, oh, is the issue dts related?

Bernie
    Quote Quote