VideoHelp Forum

Poll: How many hours a day are you on a computer?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    11 or so:
    8 at work 3 for play

Poll idea by sterno

Post your poll ideas Here
    Quote Quote  
  2. roughly 6-7 hours per day on the days I have to go into work. I work the midnight shift, so I have all day to mess around with my computer other than getting homework done as I'm in college studying for my MCSE Exams. On my days off, it's pretty much 12-18 hours. :P
    Quote Quote  
  3. Around 7 for work and 2 or 3 at home
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    All day at work (on vcdhelp.com ) and then home computer on from 6pm to 10pm, although back and forth running back-ups, changing nappies and eating (relaxing for me is in the living room with my wife, her watching frickin' buffy, me on the laptop while the computer upstairs is burning to dvdr)!
    Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm unemployed and get up at 11am, switch PC on and basically sit at it all day nearly until about 2am, switch off and then bed. Next day I.....

Mostly surf the net and download all kinds of stuff. I'm a talented musician and sometimes write and record various things. I do video capture, burn CDR's, play music, games and so on.

When I was employed I used the computer for about seven hours from about 6pm until about 1am. Same activities as above.

Computers are a real obsession and I don't recommend buying one if you find technology and the internet irresistible!!!

NCGM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ego_Shredder
    I'm unemployed and get up at 11am, switch PC on and basically sit at it all day nearly until about 2am, switch off and then bed. Next day I.....
    Oh my goodness!
    That is a *long* time at the PC.
    You'll go mad!
    Take a walk around Peel Park pal, have a break
    Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just like tgpo - 8 hrs at work, a few hrs at home for fun.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  8. When I wake up, I tend to my overnight encode (spot check the mpeg, delete or backup source files), set the record timer and go off to work. At work, I spend 8 hours working on the PC. Ocassionally, I spend my lunch surfing the web or doing side work on my laptop.

Once home, after saying hi to the wife and kids, I hop on the computer and get the video that recorded today ready for encoding (trim, remove commercials, edit audio, filters) and then start an encode. Three hours later I return to the computer to check the encode, and capture another video. While the computer is capturing, I usually use my laptop to surf, do sidework, or just play. I also have third computer that I use to dup CDs on. So I am usually hopping between the three computers. If I have time, I will get the video ready for encoding overnight (trim, remove commercials, edit audio, filters). Otherwise, I will burn a VCD and check it out on the TV.

I try to always keep the computer busy when I am away. All my machine are left on 24/7 plugged into a UPS.

Between the several computers I use and the amount of time I keep them busy, I'd say I spend roughly 16 hours on the computer, however if it were only one computer that I had to use, I would have to spend over 24 hours to get done what I get done. The beautiful part about using several computers is that I can almost always keep one or two of them busy and I can spend less time waiting for the PC and more time doing other stuff. So the 16 hours looks liie I have no life, when in fact, I find plenty of time to have fun away from the computer.

My machines:
    work machine - just a work PC, near top of the line, no sound, etc
    capturing machine - 1.4 ghz with DVD burner and CDRW
    cd duping machine - 300mhz, with CDRW
    utility machine (for surfing, side work, and misc) - 700mhz laptop

I am seriously considering setting up another capture computer and hooking up a switchbox. That would improve productivety considerably... however would it cut into my personal life by shortening the time I spend waiting for the encodes, or would it improve my personal life by getting things done quicker?

Darryl
    Quote Quote  
  9. I would say I spend about 16-20 hours, I know, i should get a life.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Goodness Gracious me....
    quite a lot all you people are spending by the computer... I rather spend my time on the comp like 4-8 hours a day and watch some vcd or dvd at home! but thats me i guess...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    About 5 to 6 each day.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Way too many
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    7.5 hours at work another 4 or 5 at home...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe 5 hrs. at work and 2-4 at home in the evening.
    I love children, girl children... about 16-40
    W.C. Fields
    Quote Quote