Page 4 of 18
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. What about...

I work at my 'puter while sitting...

- on a cheap desk chair
    - in a posh leather office chair
    - on an ergonomically correct contraption
    - sitting? I'm to hyper to sit. I type on the run.
    - at the kitchen table
    - on the floor
    - in my Lay-Z-boy recliner
    - on the crapper
    - on TGPO's lap
    Only 3 things are certain in life... Death, Taxes, and SPAM. Of these, only Death seems affordable!

SVCDummy
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ZippyP.
    btw Silky31: If you're a Rocky Horror Picture Show fan then this guy is doing the Time Warp ,

Damn.
    Now it looks like me doing the 'time warp'!

Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Correct spelling of words and the use of proper English Grammer should be used in Forum Posts;

Yes
    No
    Maebe

Which Moderator uses the best form of English Grammer.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Do you care about spy-ware?

1. What is ad-ware?
    2. Yes.
    3. I use an Apply like tgpo.
    5. I am ad-ware.
    6. I do the spying for spy ware.
    7. I work for gator.
    8. I work for doubleclick.net.
    9. I own the patent for spam.
    10. I use Linux OS like Jon.
    11. I use a Commodore like VIC.
    12. I use a 900-baud modem.
    13. What is spy ware?
    14. I am infinity
    15. I am all.
    Quote Quote  
  5. What OS do you use on your own PC?

1.Windows 95
    2. Windows 98
    3. Windows 98 SE
    4. Windows ME
    5. Windows XP
    6. Linux
    7. Unix
    8. Mac OS
    9. I have a dual boot system
    10. (insert something here im out of ideas)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Do you vote in polls?

1. No
    2. Yes
    3. I inflate polls
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hmm.... Maybe yet another:

I do most of my writing with...

- A Mont Blanc pen
    - an HMTL editor (or other code editor)
    - one of the MS word processors
    - a #2 pencil
    - a famous Linux based word processor
    - an Apple product
    - a text-2-speech converter
    - finger paints
    Only 3 things are certain in life... Death, Taxes, and SPAM. Of these, only Death seems affordable!

SVCDummy
    Quote Quote  
  8. Ok, here's another...

When I'm not reading the computer screen I like to read...

- a reputible newspaper
    - the Wall Street Journal
    - a gossip tabloid
    - a best selling novel
    - a comic book
    - tea leaves and tarot cards
    - x-rated magizines
    - other magizines
    - uh, I just look at the pictures
    - poetry

SVCDummy
    Quote Quote  
  9. When did you/when do you plan to get recordable DVD?

1. 2000 (I don't think it was around before that)
    2. 2001
    3. 2002
    3. Got it in 2003
    4. Plan to get it in 2003
    5. 2004
    6. 2005
    7. Whenever I'm the last person I know who hasnt got it
    8. I'll try and avoid it, Im happy with VHS
    9. I'll try and avoid it, I'm happy with VCD
    10. I'll try and avoid it, I'm happy with SVCD
    11. Never record anything so it would be a waste of money.

Hope you like it!
    Matt
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A bit of a boring one compared to some of the suggestions but it would be useful for a Poll to owners of the Sony DRU500 on which media type they use for their DVD backups / authoring:

1. DVD-R/W media
    2. DVD+R/W media
    3. tgpo's coasters

I'm thinking about getting one of these burners and I'm curious as to which media most people use on them.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I must say the best so far is the CCE one, followd by"I vote in polls yes;no"
    I think though as good as the CCE one is do the same replacing CCE with Maestro, Spruce up, and Scenarist" Thats 3 great polls right there, plus the origanal.

Sean
    We all like Sheep have gone astray...
    Quote Quote  
  12. I have to answer SVCDummy's Above "I work at my computer.."

I work at my pc, laying in bed. I got it setup on a rotating elevating hospital table, well the monitor is. The tower sits on a milk crate next to it so I can reach drives, my keyboard is on the bed next to me My mouse is on a pad on a book on a pillow next to my cat who is inbetween the keyboard and mouse. At foot of bed have table with Window AC unit on it with dryer hose hooked to back and run thru wall to expell the hot air out into basement, and TV and VCR sits on AC unit. I can lazily lay in bed in front of boob tube with AC blasting directly in my face while posting in here like I am now.

In all honesty I have it set up like this cause I got 6 herniated discs and sitting in a chair at a desk kills me after about 20minutes. Plus it makes good while capping vid, I can kick back and watch.

Sean
    Quote Quote  
  13. Here is one

I just finally tore myself away from the pc to take a leak, damnit now I have to:

1) Take another leak cause I held it too long
    2) Take a crap
    3) Touch myself in an impure manor
    4) Touch tgpo in an impure manor
    5) Change my underwear
    6) Wash my hands, wait who the hell does that anyway it takes too much time and you can never get your hands completly dry.

Sean
    Quote Quote  
  14. DVD movies are priced:

1. too high
    2. too low
    3. just right

Darryl

Accepted 3/19/03
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by Quigonsean
    I have to answer SVCDummy's Above "I work at my computer.."

I work at my pc, laying in bed. I got it setup on a rotating elevating hospital table, well the monitor is. The tower sits on a milk crate next to it so I can reach drives, my keyboard is on the bed next to me My mouse is on a pad on a book on a pillow next to my cat who is inbetween the keyboard and mouse. At foot of bed have table with Window AC unit on it with dryer hose hooked to back and run thru wall to expell the hot air out into basement, and TV and VCR sits on AC unit. I can lazily lay in bed in front of boob tube with AC blasting directly in my face while posting in here like I am now.

In all honesty I have it set up like this cause I got 6 herniated discs and sitting in a chair at a desk kills me after about 20minutes. Plus it makes good while capping vid, I can kick back and watch.

Sean
    Way to go Sean! I never imagined that kind of setup. Aside from the injuries, it sounds like heaven!

Good Luck

SVCDummy
    Quote Quote  
  16. Its great, the only problem is its so damn easy to fall asleep. I drift off constantly while playing on the puter, couse some of it has to do with the good drugs I take for said injury. But I love this setup.

Sean
    Quote Quote  
  17. I like the one about the classic omputers.. I had a TI 994A myself, but I think the classic is the Commode-64. Great gaming machine. The Atari 800 was pretty good too.

Darryl
    Quote Quote  
  18. Skate or Die on the Commoder64 still rocks I wish I still had it.
    Quote Quote  
  19. how about finding out how many people visit this site per day or week or whatever... it'll be interesting to know about peoples interest on video capturing encoding and all the rest of it....
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by kas187
    how about finding out how many people visit this site per day or week or whatever... it'll be interesting to know about peoples interest on video capturing encoding and all the rest of it....
    https://www.videohelp.com/stats.php
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would be interested to find out what kind of browser people are using to surf the web: Netscape, Internet Explorer, etc etc.
    I also like the idea of the classic computer brand. How about:
    My very first computer was a: Commodore 64, Amiga, Amstrad, Atari, etc etc....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Netscape, IE, Mozilla, Opera, Safari, Camino...any other?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How about one of these:

1. How often do you browse DVDRHELP.com
    2. How often do you post in the forums
    3. How many backups do you make a week
    4. Which brand of DVDr media do you use
    5. Which DVD burning software do you use
    6. How often do you do a forum search before posting a question
    7. What percent of your DVDRs burn sucessfully
    8. Which other video editing sites do you visit often
    9. What percent of your backups are legal
    10. What method of backup do you use i.e. VCD, DVDr etc
    11. What do you use DVDRHELP.com for mainly i.e. guides, forum, polls, user comments etc
    12. How old are you

Or perhaps a poll to help you decide which one to use
    Quote Quote  
  24. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Soul sucking suburbia! But a different part since I last logged on.
    Search Comp PM
    the pointing device thing.... what, only 1 vs 2 buttons on the mice, no "fancy optical thing with a scrolly clicky wheel in the middle" option?

this funky silver webscroll optical only cost £7.99 from the discount random-stuff-each-week clearance house and it has got to be one of the inventions God himself sent inspiration for... a mouse without a wheel just isnt a mouse any more. find my fingers scratching at the panel gap between the normal buttons on library machines with my middle finger, wondering why the page aint moving.
    Thems with extra thumb & pinky buttons on the side are a bit silly though.

And a mouse with a ball is just plain annoying

Lets see now, a poll...

How many music video CDs do you have, cluttering up the shelf and gathering dust, unwatched and unloved since you 'archived' the vids. (needs editing for length of course).
    0 - "music VCDs"? (or: i have hundreds and watch them religously )
    1-5 - a few, mainly just collecting stuff from CDExtras together
    5-10 - a good number, cd extras (inc quicktime conversions) and anime music vids make up the bulk
    10-20 - every dvd i buy is a single or a concert recording and i immediately rip them out to mvcd... with all the cd extras and amvs
    (i'm somewhere in the 5-20..)
    20+ - there is no law but do what thou wilst.. TO MAKE BUT NOT WATCH MVCDs
    tgp0+ - supplies all the dancing and psychedelia i need

how many mp3 cds do you have?

* 0 - mp3s on cd? madness. besides i have nothing that would play them, no standalones and my PC is a 486.
    * 0 - i have a small number of cds, and tapes/minidiscs.. why bother?
    * 1-5 - a few, some fun things or tryouts from the web, a small number of my favourite albums ripped in Musicmatch or WMP
    * 6-10 - a fair amount, I could easily put them all in a changer and go a week without hearing a repeat. I have an average number of 'real' CDs and most or all are ripped.
    * 10-25 - it's starting to look like a lot; a good couple weeks of music sounds more than "300-ish hours". I have an above average number of CDs and ALL the albums and ALL the singles are ripped. I have a portable mp3CD player and/or some kind of other standalone to play them in. Alternately a few gigs of my hard disc are set aside for jukeboxing the best parts.
    * 25-50 - it's a definate stack and they have their own section on the shelf or even a shelf to themselves. People think I have a lot of real CDs and far too many CDRs; all the same my recording frenzy has started to encompass old tapes and records too. Musicmatch is the main man for speed but I have dabbled in LameVBR and formats such as OGG.
    * 50-100 - I'm in college and we have an intranet with file sharing. Spindles are cheap. I haven't slept in a week. Must keep downloading, get best value out of network hookup. Need coffee but can't find mug under piles of hastily labelled CDRs.
    * 100-250 - I have probably 10 or more discs that are partial or complete duplicates of others, but I have no way of telling. It's getting hard to even remember rough details of whats on the first 10 let alone all the others. They are taking over the room accompianied by a large number of divxs and VCDs; I have bought a big hard disk to copy them all onto for organisation and 'just in case'. I am EddyH.
    * 250+ - ordinary geeks and hackers fear me. Ordinary kazaa and dc++'ers look up to me as some kind of God. I have no life outside of MP3s and DivX, beer and pizza, and the internet. No time. I have a toilet installed in my computer seat and mail order couriers are directed to deliver to the window. My computer has a terabyte of storage and is nicknamed "The Depot"... by me.
    * TGPO is all the jukebox I need, who wants mp3s. Just pull the string and listen to that wonderful tinkling music.

Do you have a personal organiser, palm pilot, or other pocket computer?

* No... my life is a mess
    * No, my life works just fine without one
    * No, a paper diary/addressbook and my cellphone's memory work just fine
    * A little 64kb pocket organiser with a 3-line display and squidgy micro keyboard
    * Small memory (4mb or less) / slow (16mhz) mono Palm pilot. It holds my addresses and a couple useful utils.
    * Medium memory (8-16mb) / slow mono Palm pilot, perhaps with the new USB/Memory card system. It has my life, a compact office suite, and perhaps a clip-on keyboard.
    * Flashy big-memory (anything over 8mb) / fast (33mhz plus) colour Palm pilot with lots of programs and accessories, like overpriced VGA cameras.. but I don't really use it that much. It's just for show.
    * A Pocket PC. I don't even know how to turn it on reliably but it sure impresses the ladies / fellers down in marketing / the college library.
    * I'm oldskool, I've got an Atari Portfolio (or HP100, etc)
    * I'm hardcore, I've hacked my Ti83 calculator to do the same job
    * tgpo is my touch-sensitive organiser with a built in stylus receptacle

Garcon! I'll take two plates of longwinded weak ideas with a side order of tongue dans joue garnished with playful disrespect, mercy bo-cups.

I reckon someone can pull something out of that mess. Tomorrow I may have actual ideas but they should do for now.

Final one.

Studio Ghibli?
    * Pardon? Something about gutting chickens?
    * Bless you. Here, have a tissue.
    * G-ib-ley...
    * Anime s***e. Shove it, japanigeek.
    * Whips Disney. No doubt.
    * Genki-da, ne? Suburashi...
    * A nice alternative, but taste is always subjective.
    * All looks the same, like a bunch of boring egg yolks...
    * ...but the genius is in how those eggs are scrambled into a number of tasty omlettes.
    * I saw Spirited Away because of the oscar. I don't get it.
    * Will be hiring tgpo as voice actor on their next film to keep costs down.
    -= She sez there's ants in the carpet, dirty little monsters! =-
    Back after a long time away, mainly because I now need to start making up vidcapped DVDRs for work and I haven't a clue where to start any more!
    Quote Quote  
  25. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    PS I -love- DEmberton's shrinkwrap poll.... i'd score about a 4.5 on that 5-point scale.

$$*%&*(!!!! shrinkwrap....

and eats---&die's "first computer" idea.. the results of that would really be telling. just remember to split PC into at least three or four parts IE quick pentium-class machine, 486 to slow pentium (200mhz?), 2/386, original PC/XT, as it'll probably get the lion's share if it's just "PC"... and the votes should skew ever lower through those categories.
    ie interesting: How many relative PC newbies do we have, bitching about speed problems when they've only ever used something with three or four figures on it's mhz, vs oldskoolers for whom owning a 16bit machine was a status symbol?
    Back after a long time away, mainly because I now need to start making up vidcapped DVDRs for work and I haven't a clue where to start any more!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    EddyH you kill me! The MP3 one was a Tour de Force! Bravo!
    "Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." - Frank Zappa
    Quote Quote  
  27. How about.....

My favorite way to "resize" DVD9 to 5 is

1. DVD2One
    2. Instant Copy 7
    3. DVD95Copy
    4. DVDShrink

Greetz,

pSyChO dAd
    The difference between genius and insanity is only measured by success !
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How about "Favorite music to do it too"

1 - RNB
    2 - Metal
    3 - Soft Rock
    4 - Rap
    5 - Oldies
    6 - Polka
    7 - Techno
    8 - Silence
    9 - TGPO Booty music vol 8

[ = Check out my band @ www.samadhirock.com = ]
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by EddyH
    this funky silver webscroll optical only cost £7.99 from the discount random-stuff-each-week clearance house and it has got to be one of the inventions God himself sent inspiration for... a mouse without a wheel just isnt a mouse any more. find my fingers scratching at the panel gap between the normal buttons on library machines with my middle finger, wondering why the page aint moving.
    Heh, I have the exact opposite opinion. Trading the middle mouse button for a wheel is one of the worst rip-offs that's ever been forced on me. The spring strength is never the same as a real button so the click doesn't feel right, plus it's the wrong shape and size to be convenient. It also means I'll have a lot of trouble finding an optical mouse I actually like.... I guess it'll end up in the same category as finding a decent keyboard with the Caps Lock and Control keys in the right places (Caps Lock in the lower-left, Control above left-shift).
    Quote Quote  
  30. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Ahhhhh Sterno, dont tempt my fingers to resist seven-eight years of reprogramming... (old atari - first computer of any real long use - was a similar tab-ctrl-shift-caps setup).

Incidentally, just to make you sick, my keyboard gives the option for that. A pair of DIP switches on the bottom allow to select between "standard" and "swapped" (the current standard ) Ctrl/Caps positions, and AT or PC/XT compatibility (10 or 12 F-keys, "logical existance" of the strip between the main keys and number pad..).
    Helps that it's 17 years old of course And hasnt yet skipped a beat. No bloody $%*(&!!! annoying Windows™ keys either. (just what is a linux or DOS user to do with those, pray tell, keyboard manufacturers?)

Suppose I'm lucky that, despite having 3-button mice before, it was never something that got used. I don't click the wheel (it only has annoying functions) but the rolling function is infinitely useful. Scrolling, zooming, option rolling, etc, saving a good second and much brain itch each way on zipping over to the scrollbar/zoom control/selection arrows.
    (test-clicks wheel vs normal buttons... yep... it's a fair bit "heavier" than the left & right ones)

I-on-S. Polka... but chance would be a fine thing.

Zippy P, inspired by reality.. BTW are you volunteering to crop all them for length? It's sorely needed I know

Hm. One more. The target demographic may be a little narrower, but (again inspired by bitter, tired reality):

The Most Disappointing thing about College/University.
    * Not like Animal House.
    * Not like American Pie 2
    * Not like Road Trip
    * Generally not like hollywood and other popular media makes it out to be.
    * Not anywhere near cool enough moments
    * Not anywhere near enough sex
    * Not anywhere near enough beer
    * Far too much beer!
    * The price of everything
    * How quickly noodles lose their novelty
    * How dull it gets after freshman year (or even IN year 1)
    * How hard and dull your favourite, easy subject becomes in final year.
    * How many people seem to have far more money than you and no worries about paying for tuition and accomodation ("that's life kid: suck the box").
    * How embarrassing tgpo's "incredibly impressive party piece" turned out to be.

Accepted 4/8/03

Hmmm.

And a slightly simpler one:

Window seat?
    * Yes please! Wheeee.
    * No thanks, I'll sit in the aisle, for a view of the TV, easy access to the toilet, drinks trolley... and emergency exits.
    * No thanks, I like to sit in the middle seat and get squashed between two obese albanian women with excruitiating body odor, while I watch VCDs on my portable player and iTrek glasses. No window required.
    * I hate planes, trains, and buses. Too hot and they give me travelsickness. Every seat's a window seat in my car, even if it takes 10x longer and a ride on a container-ship to get there.
    * I hate plebs. Every seat's a window seat in my learjet, especially the pilot's.
    * Powered transport is evil. All you need is the open air, a saddle, a set of reins, and tgpo.
    Quote Quote