VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sometimes the regular virtual dub doesn't seem to work with bad frames(audio desync),so i use this method. it also works well with avi's that have VBR audio(you know,that annoying little box that comes up when you load your file ).

you need Vdub-mp3 :
    http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/virtualdub.html

Now this version makes a log of the bad frames at c:\badframes.log
    Load your avi
    Video > Check video for freezes

Now open the log, it may have several bad blocks, so you need to delete the highest block numbers first (At keyframes)

3345669 (Highest block of numbers)

Open Log and highlight the highest number (3345669) (COPY)switch to Vdub and select Edit> GO TO (Paste) 3345669

Now click the yellow keyframe forward once, then mark this as end

Back to the log highlight lowest number of that block (COPY)(3345667) switch back to Vdub and select GO TO (Paste) 3345667

Now click the yellow keyframe back once, then mark this as start

Press Edit> then delete key to remove those bad frames 3345667 to 3345669

Now do the same to the next highest block ( 12345 to 12347)

When you are done,then:

Video > direct stream copy
    Audio > direct stream copy
    SAVE AVI

Will save out a new copy without the bad frames...
    Quote Quote  
  2. That is helpful, but... it still leaves me with the annoying VBR box when I load to VDub 1.4.13 to save the WAV seperately. How do I get rid of that?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by anandrag
    That is helpful, but... it still leaves me with the annoying VBR box when I load to VDub 1.4.13 to save the WAV seperately. How do I get rid of that?
    simple: don't save out the wave. when your ready to convert,load the file as is 8)
    Quote Quote  
  4. I usually try not to save the WAV file, but for some AVI files there is no audio track that TMPGEnc recognizes. When in the source range tab, the audio line doesn't show any spikes
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sounds like you need to raise the priority of the VFAPI plug ins in tmpg encoder. try the forum search function for info on how to do this.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do I now use my original DIVX as the video source and the AVI I just made as the audio source in TMPGEnc, or do I use the AVI as both audio and video?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by frink
    Do I now use my original DIVX as the video source and the AVI I just made as the audio source in TMPGEnc, or do I use the AVI as both audio and video?
    use the new avi.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I've been trying to convert divx to mpeg, audio has been gradually losing it's sync through the movie after encoding. I scanned it like you said, and it reported bad frames. How does the new avi file, that I create after I delete that bad frames, adjust to the sound? My problem is after I encode, the audio is ahead of the video (plays fine before I encode to mpeg). So, if I delete frames and make the video even shorter, won't that make the audio even further ahead?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Tenders:

I got rid of the bad frames following your guide. Then I enocoded to mpeg 2, converted the audio to mp2, then multiplexed with tmpg, and the audio is perfectly in sync!

That is, until the part of the movie where I deleted the bad frames. The sound jumps ahead of the video by a good bit. The first bad cluster of frames that I removed ranged from frame 75197 to frame 75497 (300 frames). I played the multiplexed movie and noted exactly where the audio went out of sync, then went back to Virtualdub, and sure enough, the scene that I noted started at 75197.

So, what do I do now? isn't there a way to insert a blank frames to compensate for the range where I deleted the bad frames?

Please help! I'm almost there.

Thanks,
    Anthony
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    as i have never encountered this problem myself(as a last resort this method has always worked for me)i am unable to help you any further.

my advice would be to either bite the bullet and accept it as is,or obtain a better copy.

hope it works out for you :P
    Quote Quote  
  11. Finally success. I figured out what I was doing wrong; after I deleted the bad frames and saved to avi, I still used the old audio (from before I deleted frames) to multiplex with the encoded video. Of course, that is why I was still having audio problems. Everything is Okay now.

Thanks for the guide Tender,
    Anthony
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I scanned for bad frames but I don't know where to go to tell which frames are bad. Can you help me out on this? If I find which frames are bad Im sure this guide will help me through the rest.
    Stoked
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Click My Computer :arrow: C:/ drive, and you'll find a little text file called badframes.log
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Which version do I use because the one I have doesn't make a text file anywhere called Badframes.log. I have version 1.4.13-P4. Should I try the latest one 1.5.0? Is there some kind of thing I have to do in VDub to make it make the log file or is it supposed to do it by itself?
    Stoked
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The VDub-Mp3 Tenders provides a link to at the top of this thread. Use it when the standard VDub gives you the VBR warning when you load a file.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I get the VBR message box when it loads the movie, but after it gets done scanning the frames for bad ones it doesn't give me a log of the bad frames. It says there are 3 bad frames at the bottom of the program but I can't find the log anywhere in the C Drive.
    Stoked
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by St0ked56
    I get the VBR message box when it loads the movie, but after it gets done scanning the frames for bad ones it doesn't give me a log of the bad frames. It says there are 3 bad frames at the bottom of the program but I can't find the log anywhere in the C Drive.
    did you read my guide? i suggest you read it again,but this time pay attention!!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I followed your guide and used the new AVI for both audio and video source in TMPGEnc. When I created my XVCD there was not audio at all.
    Do you have any ideas or suggestions? There were no bad frames but I was getting the "improper VBR" warning when loading in regular VDUB program.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by frink
    I followed your guide and used the new AVI for both audio and video source in TMPGEnc. When I created my XVCD there was not audio at all.
    Do you have any ideas or suggestions? There were no bad frames but I was getting the "improper VBR" warning when loading in regular VDUB program.
    the only suggestion i have is to raise the priorities of the vfapi plug ins in tmpgenc. hope that works for you
    Quote Quote  
  20. ...i have one more question howver....how can i open files mpeg 2 files in vdub....cause wen i played the movie (downloaded elecard codec for mpeg2) it was out of sync. this time wat i did was i extracted just the wav audio from the movie and the avi video seperately...then i encoded them in tmpgnc 2.59 and wen i played the movie the audio was out of sync by like 3 secs so i tried to open the mpeg 2 file in vdub and an error came up and said

MPEG Import Filter: pack syncoronization error

how can i fix the movie is there a better guide for convertin xvid to svcd..please help in any way thanks alot once again
    Quote Quote  
  21. I have been unable to locate the error log. All I've been able to do is scan for errors. It tells me 33 bad frames. I don't know how to access them to delete them. Please tell me how??? Please!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Search your computer for "c:\badframes.log".

Start
    -Find
    -Files or Folders
    -Type- c:\badframes.log
    -double click on file

Then use the guide to delete the frames.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by romy_1986
    ...i have one more question howver....how can i open files mpeg 2 files in vdub....cause wen i played the movie (downloaded elecard codec for mpeg2) it was out of sync. this time wat i did was i extracted just the wav audio from the movie and the avi video seperately...then i encoded them in tmpgnc 2.59 and wen i played the movie the audio was out of sync by like 3 secs so i tried to open the mpeg 2 file in vdub and an error came up and said

MPEG Import Filter: pack syncoronization error

how can i fix the movie is there a better guide for convertin xvid to svcd..please help in any way thanks alot once again
    virtual dub will not play mpeg2,you need a software dvd player for that.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by robdob
    I have been unable to locate the error log. All I've been able to do is scan for errors. It tells me 33 bad frames. I don't know how to access them to delete them. Please tell me how??? Please!!!!!

as frink said: look for it in:"c:\badframes.log".
    Quote Quote  
  25. I've followed your guide to the T, but when I'm looking for the bad frames of my movie file with VDub, it freezes and crashes the program. Could the fact that my file is XviD have anything to do with it? Please help. thanks
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you are using Vdub-mp3 freeze right?

xvids have worked fine for me.
    Quote Quote  
  27. To Rawest Illest Cat,
    There are more than one Xvid codec available. From the tools section on the left download gspot. Open it up and load your avi file into it. Gspot will analyze the file and tell you which codec is used in the film. It will also tell you if you have that particular codec installed in your computer. If vdub mp3freeze is crashing, chances are you don't have the right codec in your system. :P
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tenders wrote:
    "the only suggestion i have is to raise the priorities of the vfapi plug ins in tmpgenc. hope that works for you"

What settings do you suggest I raise? I have now converted a second XVID and the sound is barely audible.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First of all I can't find the Badframes.log file. AND I have searched, the whole computer. Is there a way to tell where to save this?

Another thing, since you know a whole lot more than me, I get 200 something frames that are "undecodeable" - what does this mean?

I have real problems converting Xvid files into mpg files. I tried to use TMPG (all versions), but I get various problems. One of em is a freeze of the movie after about 45 min into the movie. This I think is caused by a bad frame.

And a last Question to all of U, How do U convert Xvid's to VCD/Mpg.
    Is there a secret, doing this easier than another, something to make my life worth living again. I'm almost ripping my head off. These movies turns me crazy.

Is it so hard to get an Avi file, either it is a Xvid or a DivX or anything, to convert it into a VCD, so I can see it on my really expensive DVD player.

If anybody could help me, well, I would be happy to donate some money or help back, whatever you want. But first I got to get it right. Right?

Am happy to Donate 50-100$ to my saving angel (take a look, do you have wings on your back?)
    DIBS
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Dibs
    First of all I can't find the Badframes.log file. AND I have searched, the whole computer. Is there a way to tell where to save this?

Another thing, since you know a whole lot more than me, I get 200 something frames that are "undecodeable" - what does this mean?

I have real problems converting Xvid files into mpg files. I tried to use TMPG (all versions), but I get various problems. One of em is a freeze of the movie after about 45 min into the movie. This I think is caused by a bad frame.

And a last Question to all of U, How do U convert Xvid's to VCD/Mpg.
    Is there a secret, doing this easier than another, something to make my life worth living again. I'm almost ripping my head off. These movies turns me crazy.

Is it so hard to get an Avi file, either it is a Xvid or a DivX or anything, to convert it into a VCD, so I can see it on my really expensive DVD player.

If anybody could help me, well, I would be happy to donate some money or help back, whatever you want. But first I got to get it right. Right?

Am happy to Donate 50-100$ to my saving angel (take a look, do you have wings on your back?)
    DIBS
    well you obviously didn't read the guide,let alone follow it,judging from your post,so maybe you should do that first!
    Quote Quote