VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'M STUCK.I'VE TRIED EVRYTHING I KNOW HOW TO DO AND EVRY PROGRAM I HAVE ACCESS TO AND NOTHING WORKS.I DL A MOVIE AND IT CAME IN AVI.NOW I'M TRYING TO CONVERT IT USING TMPEG AND VIRTUAL DUB 1.3 AND ITS GIVING ME AN ERROR THAT SAYS :COULDN'T LOCATE DECOMPRESSOR FOR FORMAT MPG4(MICROSOFT HIGH-SPEED MPEG-4).I DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT BECAUSE IT PLAYS IN MY WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER FIND (6.4).CAN ANYONE HELP?
    Quote Quote  
  2. open mplayer2.exe then the file. right click and notice which codec is being used. then reinstall that codec or raise its priority level in control panel/multimedia/devices/video compression codecs

chas
    Quote Quote  
  3. thanx for the info but i can't find that that priority setting u was talkin about.i'm working on 2000 so do u know how to reach it in that o.s..how would i reinstall the driver and where would i get it from.i don't know how i got it because when i first got the movie it just worked so i don't know about drivers.
    Quote Quote  
  4. another thing to anyone that can help me.i have alot of movies(the ones in the movies now)and i have about 40 dc games so if u could help me i will definently help u.thank u.just email me at kashesmillions@aol.com(hotmail been acting funny lately so just hit m there.)thank u
    Quote Quote  
  5. the priority setting should be on the properties page for the specific codec in the control panel items i listed above. double click the codec and you will see it. hope this helps.

chas
    Quote Quote  
  6. try installing the divx codecs from the tools section here on this website, too. that may be a problem. if win2000 came with a built in mpeg4 decoder, it may be locked.

chas
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!