VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just got finished using this program, and it is awesome!! It is NOT a constant bitrate. I have the Pioneer 353 that can display the bitrate as it is playing. Godzilla went from 3.2 Mbs to 8.5 Mbs, and the quality looks great. It must take percentages from the existing VBR to get the size down. Something like REmpeg. It took 21 minutes 13 seconds to re-encode. (That is AMAZING). CCE on CBR (same length movie) takes my computer about 2 hours 30 minutes. Plus, then I need to use DVD Maestro to add chapter points and subs. (The subs never did get synced correctly). This takes another 40 minutes to import and then finally compile.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun a little, but this program has HUGE potential.

Why didn't I hear of this thing before?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mega, works like the best. Copy now all dvd -5 and -9 to one dvd.

Problem i had, with dvd -5 reading in iso mode with dvd decryptor the burning iso with dvd decryptor gave me some coasters. So now i burn evrything with vob. No problems.

I use dvd-r:
    white labels works fine for me don't play in sony.
    Princo 2 speed works fine for me, and also in sony.

Question: by dvd -9 i want to keep the menu for starters and then only the subs and sound as ripped with dvd2one. So the film starts of with the menu, and then plays the movie.

Is this possible? and/or how can i mannage this?

Thanx....

(so i don't wan't to use the fancy extra's, just the menu, movie sound and subs).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Using DVD Decrypter, and it gets to 99%. Read rate says Finished, Time elapsed is STILL counting up, time remaining says Unkown.

And thats after 1hr 35mins decrypting a single layer DVD film?

any ideas why it doesnt seem to be doin anything?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I am interested in putting 2 movies on one dvdr.
    I have figured out how to do it with dvd2one by putting all VOB files into same dir and running ifo edit.
    Problem is, ifo edit makes ifo for both movies as if it were one.
    Can I customize chapters in ifo edit to be say the first chapter is movie one and second is movie two???
    or better yet, make a menu file fhat I can click on movie I want?

Thanks in advance,

DD
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK. I have successfully ripped and backed up a few DVDs at this point DVD-5's with DVD Decrypter alone and DVD-9's with DVD Decrypter followed by DVD2one and then burned in Nero. In other words I am not a complete newbie but am far from being a seasoned expert.

Anyway, today I tried to rip and transcode a film from a DVD that has several "titles" on it. DVD Decrypter picked the film that I wanted in file mode as it was the longest on the disc, ripped it and all appeared to be OK. When i go to transcode with DVD2one it says that encrypted materail is detected and that DVD2one doesn't transcode encrypted material. I have tried deleting and reripping several times with the same result.

Is there a setting in DVD Decrypter that I am missing? I have it set to the defaults and as such it is disabling Macrovision.

I noticed that DVD Decrypter doesn't sellect the .BUP file for this title when in file mode. Does this matter?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Quote Quote  
  6. The simplest method I've found for keeping menus and chapter select is this:

1. Rip the entire dvd to your hard drive.
    2. Run DVD2one, keeping at least 1 or 2 extra audio files. This will put the file size at ~4.3 gigs.
    3. Run ifoedit, choose strip VOBs, and strip out the extra audio. This makes the file size somewhat smaller.
    4. Rename the VOBs created by ifoedit to correspond to the originals. I.E. if the originals are VTS_02_1, etc. then you should rename the new ones to match up.
    5. Delete the original movie VOBs from the folder you ripped to, then copy in the new ones. Be sure to copy only the VOBs(no IFOs!!!). You should also leave the _0 vob for your movie.
    6. Check for total file size of the dvd. You are going to have to delete some of the extra materials VOBs to get it under the 4.37 gig size. Also, I've never deleted any of the _0 VOBs, only those ending in _1 or higher. I don't know if these are needed by the ifo file, but I didn't want to risk it.
    7. Run IFOupdate, to correct the original ifo file. You only need to run it on the ifo relateing to the movie, not the video_ts ifo.

Now, there are probably easier ways of doing this, but I don't know what they are. I kinda had to figure this one out for myself. You can also do this with instantcopy, but it takes much longer.
    Sometimes, ya just gotta.....umm, what's the word........FART???
    Quote Quote  
  7. thanks letgoofmyears,

I will give it a shot. Sounds very complicated.

DD
    Quote Quote  
  8. This may sound unbelievable but I can't get instantcopy to work. I install it - all seems fine. Set everything that I need to then press "start". It seems to do something for a bit and then just says "failed to write test.pdi". (test is my name for the image I want to create). This was with copying an image from the hard-drive. I have also tried copying directly form a (unprotected) DVD - no joy. I have 14Gb spare on the target drive!

Something else I'll mention - I have seen screenshots of the program (in the manual) and I am missing things like a DVD-R drive in my right hand drive pane (I have one in my left). I am have nothing in my profiles area.

Anybody have a clue what's going on. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I've been trying to use Instantcopy. Only there are two problems. In the preview, the film is upside down. Then the program crashes after a couple of minutes, with no explanation.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Just a side note for the ppl having problems: If you don't have the computer setup correctly with lets say the proper drivers for the burner or the correct BIOs settings then your problems with the apps or burner could be happening from the start, also the type of media that works with some burners doesn't always work with all burners. Take my case for example, I was having major problems getting anything to burn with my Pioneer A04, due to having the incorrect firmware the didn't work with the media I was using and not having the BIOs for that IDE set correctly, in this case not one authoring or buring program would work until I corrected the problems first, but from then on I have not burned one coaster in over 500 DVD-Rs. Another problem is following the directions of the guide, yeh I know some ppl make mistakes and sometime the guide is hard to follow, so thats why it is imparitive to ask questions and explain where exactly your problem is, so that it can be pin-pointed. This is a great site and the ppl are very helpful here too.

Peace,
    Zorin
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    hi i guess u can call me a newbie even though i know a million ways to burn a dvd. baldrick's way is by far the best and simplest. but i happen to tweak one of his ideas(burning a dvd9 to a dvd5 without menus) and came up with excellent video (way better than using dvd2one). in some case i came up with the exact video quality (no converting the video). i rip the only the movie files of the dvd with smartripper (i could have use dvd decrypter but i like smartripper better). then I used ifo edit v0.95 to create ifo and bup files(5 to 10 min.),
    then I use instant copy to make my dvd. I took out all the extra audio files and the subtitles. the Instancopy process takes from 35 min. to 2 hours to make the dvd. if after you take out the extra audio file and subtitles you can set the video slider all the way up(and still keep the movie under 4.3 gigs) no video converting is needed (as i did with john q and all about the benjamins) and it takes 35 to 40 min. to make the dvd. the dvd and the video quality look exactly as the original dvd. but if after you take out the extra audio and subtitles on instantcopy u can't slide the video slider all the way up some converting is needed (but not much though) still that process only take 2 hours to do. I love instantcopy 7.0.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Ok i have succeded in making a dvd9 fit into a dvd5 format..., but when i made options on keeping the subtitles i can't see them or choose them is there a step i missed or am i doing something wrong...i kept all important parts of the movie i wanted and the main language spoken and of course the english subtitles...this is a movie from hong kong by the way...i did all the conversion - steps they all fit on one dvd+r but all i want to do is have it so i can see the subtitles like i picked when using instant copy...other than that the how-to is great..

Someone please reply and help... 8)
    Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    i had a similar probelm when i was burning American Me. i couldn't tell which language i was keeping because they abbreviated it before it actually said the language. what i did was close the program and then i opened power dvd and then i went to audio and subtitles and just remembered what order the audio was (1st english, 2nd french, etc.). u can probaly remember the subtitles in that order on power dvd too, so u can pick what subtitles u want.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hey y'all,
    I've been in this game for a while but I still have a couple of problems. First are slow ripping speeds. Whenever i start riping, it reaches speeds of upto 10x. but when it starts riping the actual VOBs it drops to 2x and remains at that speed constantly. I've tried almost everything for installing ASPI files to installing intel app. accelerator but still no change. DMA mode is also enabled.

The second question concerns ifoedit. i rippped some vobs using smart ripper in movie mode and now i'm trying to create a video_ts ifo file for them, so that i can use instantcopy, but i can't.

any help/advice on this issues is greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    if u have windows xp the answer to your first question is u shouldn't have put a aspi layer on it. for about 8 month i had no aspis on either one of my computers. i open powerdvd, play the movie than i opened smartripper, waited about 1 1/2 seconds, than closed powerdvd. this unlocked the files for smartripper and ripped the movie with blazing speed (up to 18x) it took 5 to 10 minute to rip my movies to my hard drives. when 1 1/2 months ago i install nero and added an aspi layers to both computers i didn't need power dvd no more to use smartripper, but they didn't rip movies as fast. my 1st computer( a amd 1200) it takes up to 45 minutes to rip dvds now. my main comp. ( a gateway 2.24) it takes 15 to 20 minutes to rip a movie now.

your second question the answer is make a folder (name it after the movie) to rip the movie files to, rip the movie in file mode not movie mode, open ifoedit. press create ifos, leave the pgc and chapters options alone, navigate the 1st vob of title set to your movie folder(your movie) click on the first vob file, check the destination directory for ifo files to same as source,click ok. and wait 5 to 10 minutes for your dvd compliant files.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I had a problem using InstantCopy. When it was done compressing my movie and wanted to record to my dvd recorder I got this error:
    error writing the lead in extended information: #1 device: pioneer dvd-rw dvr-105(I)
    no sense: no additional sense information
    70 00 00 00 00 00 00 0b 58 39 7e 82 00 00
    55 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 3c 00

Why is this happening to my dvd recorder?
    please help
    or is there another way of doing this?
    Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  17. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    that's a VOB thing i had that happen to me a few times on instant cd dvd (where instant copy originated from) i assume that meant some thing was wrong. u will have to ask vob or pinnacle(who brought vob). have u tried convert the movie to your hard drive than converting the pdi file to iso than burning the dvd with another program like nero. you need pditool0.7 on http://www.mrbass.org/instantcopy/ to convert to iso.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Hi i'm french so excuse me for my terrible inglish

i have the DVD THX ULTIMATE DEMO , it's a dvd at 200$ !! and i want to back up it
    so i try all my sunday and .....nothing

it's a dvd-9 so i use instant copy but my software crash after 30 sec , only for this dvd !!!!
    anyone have an idea or an other soft , it's a complet backup , with bonus and menu no dvd2one for this case

thank you
    Quote Quote  
  19. Will the guide be updated to use the latest version of CopytoDVD? The latest version no longer allows one to select a folder but the actual title (.ifo) of the movie. The movie burnt with this version no longer plays on my Sony DVD player. With the version in the guide, the burnt movie plays well. Does it has anything to do with the AUDIO_TS folder? How can this be corrected? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    if u are talkiing about instantcopy. the manual says u should check the audio _ts folder to make the dvd u are burning 100% compliant to all dvd players. the way that i burn the movie(rip just the movie file, use ifo edit to make .ifo files then burn) i don't see the audio_ts folder option, but my dvds still play in every dvd player that i tried..
    Quote Quote  
  21. I used this guide on 2 dvd9s, they both gave an error that said there isn't enough room on media. I had it set to 4.32, the line was green. It gave me some options one of witch was to truncate. I picked this both times, one seems to work and one didn't. Can someone explaine what im doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I Have used dvd2one many times now with good results using cheep unbranded disks and gear pro to burn (always make sure disk is clean of finger prints not checking this has cost me many a copy)
    Quote Quote  
  23. for some reason, when i'm using instantcopy to convert the dvd9 to dvdr, none of the extra features will work... when i go into the menu with the features, and try to play one... it just freezes
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    WHENEVER I USE INSTANT COPY AND I DRAG THE THE VIDEO FILE SIZE OF THE MAIN MOVIE TO MAKE THE TOTAL SIZE EQUAL 4.3GB, AND THE CONVERTING PROCESS STARTS BEFORE IT BURNS TO MY VERBATIM DVD MEDIA A WINDOW POPS UP AND STATS THAT THERE IS NOT ENOUGH FREE SPACE ON THIS MEDIA. CAN ANYONE HELP, IF SO THANKS IN ADVANCE. 8)
    Quote Quote  
  25. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    it hasn.t happen to me. but i seen this question a lot . have u tried making the slider a little under 4.3 gigs and see what it would do(burn the dvd).
    Quote Quote  

26. Nice guide...I have one problem with it concerning Instant Copy..not sure if anyone else has had this problem...I deselect audio turn down the video bitrate etc..so the bar reads 4.2 green but when Instant Copy makes the pdi files (or iso) theyre too big to fit on a DVD-r. It normally produces something aroung 5gb...

Any Ideas???

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This works brilliantly!! Well Done!!

I also tried this with a region 1 disk and the DVDdecrypter cracked the code and I can play the copy on my Sony DAV S800 (region 2)
    Quote Quote  
  28. First post so I want to thank the forum, first off.

Using the IC portion of the guide I am able to succefully create a DVD-RW. Only complaint is that it works on my rp-56 stand alone, but stutter like crazy on my computer that I used to burn the dvd with, the burner( cendyne 4x) or the other dvd-rom . I made sure DMA was enable but didn't cure the problem. Any suggestions. I hope it a media problem, but I am using the dvd-rw that came with the drive and tested it out and it worked.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  29. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    what is the speed of your video card
    Quote Quote