VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM

No changelog but they were aware of the UDF bug. Let's hope it's fixed.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    udf bug??
    Quote Quote  
  3. The UDF bug is that Nero burns DVD Video discs in UDF 1.05 by default, instead of the more common UDF 1.02. There are 'work arounds' (which may or may not work for all users) for this in the Standard ver of Nero, but with Nero Express it appears to be unchangable.

The think with Nero is that they fix several bugs, but always introduce a bunch more
    Quote Quote  
  4. First news: Power DVD playback bug FIXED. Now DVD+R burned with version 5.5.10.7 menus are working normally when played back with Power DVD.

Still it is not clear about UDF version. Please post other news: is the UDF bug corrected? (How can I check UDF version?) Any other issues? Maybe finally even those who paid for Nero can enjoy it..
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Burn a DVD with DVD-Video and see if it plays.
    Quote Quote  
  6. OK .... Nero 5.5.10.7 Works !!! DVD Video Bug Fixed !!!!

Successfully, burnt and played a DVD-RW using this version of Nero. Before only the ones burnt with RecordNow Max would work -- the same files, DVD-RW and standalone player.

Details

Standalone Player : Pioneer DV-440
    Disc Type : Sony DVD-RW
    Drive : Sony DRU500A
    Firmware : 1.0g

Disc One

Software : Nero 5.5.10.7
    Filesystem : UDF/ISO
    UDF Version : 1.02

Disc Two

Software : RecordNow Max 4.5
    Filesystem : UDF/ISO
    UDF Version : 1.02
    Thanks,

DVMastersInc
    Quote Quote  
  7. All the discs i burned played on al-most every player, except some expensive Sony models and some very cheap players. Now when i burn them conform VIDEO-DVD, they all work!!!!
    I was already considering another authoring package!

Pat
    Quote Quote  
  8. One word on the latest version Nero - I know a friend who upgraded a 'borrowed' copy. The software revoked his serial number. Be sure to have your serial number, or credit card handy before downloading the latest update.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Outstanding! It works. Now will it work with DVD2One output? Just wondering...
    Quote Quote