VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Have you met someone on vcdhelp that you consider a friend?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Yes

Just a samle of a few that I would consider friends:
    CraigTucker
    MovieGeek
    KingJohn, although he hates mods
    Baldrick

And me and BJ_M have had some good chats too.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I would say no, although the people here are for the most part friendly I would be more likely to call them aqquantices.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Currently, I'll have to say no - but I'm still new to this site. I do find the people here friendly and informative.

I have recommended this site to anyone I know that is interested in starting video editting or even interested in purchasing a standalone DVD player.

VCDHelp is an excelent site and it's the users that make it so!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not really. I do respond to PM's even if they obviously can't read (the guides) or search (the posts) for the answer. I remember ripping CD's the hard way, and encoding via DOS windows. I started video the same way (same time, back when Adobe Premiere was all there was, unless you count Amiga's with video toasters...which are what made MTV the king of the 80's). So now video is kind of the same, you cna do it by hand or through a program. Shortly, DVD's are going to be ripped just like CD's are.....just waiting for the 'killer app' everyone else will have to emulate!
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nope, you're all a bunch of elitist jerks that think you know everything. While that may be true and no one has ever been rude to me.... YOU ALL SUCK!!! JK, nice people, great site...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Have you meet someone on vcdhelp that you consider a friend?
    err don't you mean have you met someone on vcdhelp that you consider a friend?
    Visit my webpage at:
    http://leech.at/e-z-e
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I voted No, I tend to think of you all more as remote henchmen.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I voted yes, as I'm such a nice person I always see the good in people before the bad
    There's a couple of guys I now communicate with away from vcdhelp who I would happily take to the pub, was it not for the fact one lives way down south and the other war-torn Lancashire
    Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Friend?? that all depends on what you concider a friend? to me you need to have face to face contact.. a friend is someone you can count on.. IF you have diferent levels of friends then maybe that could be. ( a friend is better than a wife IMO) i like alot of online people and think its cool to talk to them and sometimes look forward to them, but i only concider online buddies not exactly friends.. i have been in contact with some MIRC people for 5 or 6 years. Talk to them almost every day. they are in most cases just acquaintances. lol i guess this was a bit deeper than the intent of the poll. i jsut get asked this alot and find it funny. some use the word friend to broadly the same as the word love I dont like ot say thoses words unless i really mean them. i think people need to be able to trust others and to be able to count on them a bit before you can be concidered a friend. ok ok ill stop.. ill get off the soap box. For the record.. i ahve been comming here a while even before i registered my nick to post.. and you guys have helped me alot i really appreciate that.

Lots of cool people here and great information.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think of them more as "accomplices
    "Whenever I need to "get away,'' I just get away in my mind. I go to my imaginary spot, where the beach is perfect and the water is perfect and the weather is perfect. The only bad thing there are the flies. They're terrible!" Jack Handey
    Quote Quote  
  11. Yes, most of the normals at #VCDHelp are my friends...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I voted so. Nice people here in this forums and communicated with a couple of guys, as such a friend.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not really, good bunch of people. I would consider this more of an alliance. All have the same cause but do not necessarily see eye to eye on the best way to achieve it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nope, I don't make friends with people i don't see. But I do love this site and the wealth of info it brings.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote