VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. OK... I have successfully burned a normal video-CD and played it in my standalone DVD player. However - I tried burning a SVCD and continue to get the same warning.,.
    I used TGMPEnc to encode to SVCD format (MPEG).. the file is plenty small to fit onto my 700mb CD. I am attempting to use VCDeasy to burn it. But, when it scans the disk before burning it continually gives me a warning - "Warning - enable scan offets if not done already." What does this mean? Where do I enable the scan offsets? I have looked in VCDEasy, but cannot find it - nor have I found it in TMGPEnc. Help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. No need to worry about it. Most DVD players won't even parse those scan offsets data. You can save some space with no scan offsets. Just burn it .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Open Vcdeasy, click settings, click (s)vcd player button, in the SVCD section check the box next to "update scan offsets."

You will still get the warning even if it is enabled.
    "Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." - Frank Zappa
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The only thing SVCD Scan Offsets does is add an extra 8MB to your filesize.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    More like 30Mb's, well at the most. Actually some dvd players not only parse the offsets, but they actually cannot maintain sync without them. My old Apex AD600a was like this. SVCDs would be unwatchable without the offsets, but this is pretty rare. Generally the offsets just increase overhead (take up space.)
    Quote Quote