VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Please post your results with this great new program,
    so others may learn or decide, if its right for them....

please no naysayers....(*
    Quote Quote  
  2. You know there is already a 6 page topic of results for this.
    Quote Quote  
  3. hey Banana Man!

6 pages, heheh....

my results:

Good Quality
    Fast Backup

but i noticed of some color reduced on the backup Movie on my Big Screen TV
    Quote Quote  
  4. i've just finished lotr, and i'm shocked at how good the quality is for a movie this long.. especially considering the BLAZING speed it did it at.. this software is painfully simple, yet so effective..

if you've purchased a dvd burner so you dont have to create svcd's anymore, but the other methods of converting your dvd9's to dvd5's were too complicated (and expensive), this is by far the best way to go..

there is no reason to create svcd's if you have a dvd burner and this software.

i cant wait until they have the option to include menu's..

i've run across very few utilties that are this great.. the last one in recent memory is smartpar (god bless smartpar)..

(p.s.- just a rough theory, but if he could figure out a way to make it streamable, he could make MILLIONS licensing it to companies that deliver streaming video to broadband users..)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hey Musher, try a little harder to be a post whore....I've yet to see you contribute anything useful, besides your amusing avatar.

There's a 6+ page topic on this already........
    Quote Quote  
  6. I noticed when I did Rose Red with dvd2one that there is just a little bit of blockiness at the beginning of the movie, but still.... It made an 8 gig movie into where it fit onto a 4.38 gb dvd-r so I am not gonna complain. Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  7. Just did 6 movies with this piece of amazing ingenuity.This is absolutely incredible!
    All the movies were averaging aroung 2hrs--give or take a little.
    All looked good on my 55" HDTV widescreen.
    Gone are the days of 6 to 8 hrs of reencoding!
    This guy must be a genius!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    no naysayers? so does that mean we can only post good results.

I'm sorry, but fanboyism is the key to misinformation...
    Quote Quote  
  9. I did attack of the clones and if I looked real close I could see crawl in the background, but only if I looked real close, not as good a DVDxCOPY but then again can't fit a 6gig DVD on one DVD with DVDxCOPY either, but if you don't want to spend 4 hours encoding with DVD2DVDR to get a perfect copy, But a very near perfect copy in 20 minutes is fine, then this is the perfect software but beware pinnacle is coming out with its very own transcode 1:1 software Instant Copy here in feb. and it will also let you include menu's. Price $49.99 euro. But I was impressed with the quality with how fast the speed was. I could certain uses with it and the price is right also.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well i already bought dvd2one... if pinacle does come out with something I will just "borrow" it online from some site
    Quote Quote  
  11. Clever Program........ And Very Happy with the results !

The only thing I have noticed is in the darker areas of a movie.....
    A Few Macro's appearing here and there....... (Nothing 4 concern)

All in all very impressive....

And Extremely Quick !
    Quote Quote  
  12. I just know everyone gotta be tired of running thru 6 pages
    after only 3 -4 of posts,its gonna be like dvd2dvdr with 20+
    real soon, im just sure some people might like to see a new
    thread sooner or later, epecially those of us that popped $43
    bucks out of our pockets.....
    Quote Quote  
  13. Well, there is a pulsating/shifting effect on still or low movement scenes. I pretty sure its there on fast moving scenes too but you cant notice it because everything is in motion. Why so many people dont see it is beyong me. But its there and it cant be cause by my hardware or my PC environement.

I see it on my PC with PowerDVD and on my TV after its burn to DVD-R. Its very very easy to spot and very annoying once you noticed it. Also, some other people saw it too. I am doing NTSC movies, so it may be related to this format.

Note: this effect doesnt occurs with animation movies. I did 8 animation movies and they all came out just fine.

I had the problem with NTSC movies, region 1 using DVDDecryptor (File mode) to Rip. I will try with SmartRipper tonight but I dont think its gonna change anything.

Other then the pulsating/shifting effect, video quality is very impressive.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [quote]Well, there is a pulsating/shifting effect on still or low movement scenes. I pretty sure its there on fast moving scenes too but you cant notice it because everything is in motion. Why so many people dont see it is beyong me. But its there and it cant be cause by my hardware or my PC environement.

I have now watched 3 films using DVD2one.

1 HARTS WAR (OVER 2hrs) PAL
    2 FACE/OFF (OVER 2hrs) PAL
    3 JASON X PAL

and i still DO NOT see any pulsating/shifting effect on even static or slow moving scenes,and i've been looking for it.

Is this an NTSC related problem??
    Quote Quote  
  15. Wish people would specify their screen sizes. I discount anything viewed on less than a 34" TV. It's very hard to detect defects on smaller TV's and so much easier when it's blown up on a 60". Everything looks 'awesome' on a 27" TV. Please specify the TV u are viewing the material on. Thanks.

rhuala
    Quote Quote  
  16. If you want an "absolutely" perfect film, then just buy the original DVD and don't bother backing it up because I don't care if you use CCE or what when you re-encode a video source to a lower bitrate you will lose some quality, albeit not that obvious. Now CCE is supposed to be good, but I won't work 6-8 or more hours to do 1 film. Besides, CCE won't work for me because you have to have a minimum P3.
    Quote Quote  
  17. just got dvd2one and i tryed to back up dog soliders but it wouldn't it said sumit about copy right laws so does this mean im going to have to rip it first
    Quote Quote  
  18. I'm using DVD Decrypter, DVD2One, & RNM 4.5. I'm burning with the HP200i on Ritek DVD+R. When I burn with RNM TAO "not closed" the burn works fine. When use TAO "closed" this disk never finishes and fails the burn. I'm concerned because there is better compatibility when using "closed". It would be nice if you could choose the size output in DVD2one. I think it's failing because the file size it too large. What do you guys think? Should I change my settings, use different media, or just keep burning TAO "not close" TIA
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    tip the with DVDDecryptor, then try it
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan
    Quote Quote  
  20. I don't understand what you are saying. Could you please rephrase?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Mark845,

A little reading would help.

Taken from the how to use portion of the DVD2one homepage

Most DVD's are encrypted and need to be decrypted before you can process them with DVD2one. Since decrypting DVD's can be against the law in your country, this part is not included in DVD2one. You will have to search the internet to find a program that can do this job.

Although DVD2one should also work with files that are preprocessed (ifo mode), it is strongly recommended to use file mode.
    Make sure all options are disabled, so for instance do not enable Multi Angle Processing!
    Do not merge the vob files to one big file, keep them seperate.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rhuala2
    Wish people would specify their screen sizes. I discount anything viewed on less than a 34" TV. It's very hard to detect defects on smaller TV's and so much easier when it's blown up on a 60". Everything looks 'awesome' on a 27" TV. Please specify the TV u are viewing the material on. Thanks.

rhuala
    My screen size is 32" widescreen...
    Quote Quote  
  23. NYPlayer

yeah i no now i was yust jumping in with two left feet
    Quote Quote  
  24. this little prog appears to be very good but my end result is crap!! & really I'd rather use cce considering I can atleast have a dvd at the end of it without blocks & motion blur, shame though as it could be good
    Quote Quote  
  25. I am now suspecting the pulsating problem on still scenes may be NTSC related.

The question is, what is in a regular NTSC encode that is not in PAL or NTSC animation? Interlace? I am pretty sure it must be a parameter in the whole process that needs to be tweak.

BTW I am no quality freak, but this problem is not related to the reduction of the average bitrate, its a bug.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by herbapou
    I am now suspecting the pulsating problem on still scenes may be NTSC related.

The question is, what is in a regular NTSC encode that is not in PAL or NTSC animation? Interlace? I am pretty sure it must be a parameter in the whole process that needs to be tweak.

BTW I am no quality freak, but this problem is not related to the reduction of the average bitrate, its a bug.
    I've done 4 Region 1 NTSC DVDs with this program now and haven't seen the effect herbapou's describing... However, I have briefly seen that effect once with TMPGEnc when I did Star Wars EP I - which by the way, you have to significantly reduce the average bitrate to make it fit on one disc.... I don't think there is any bug in DVD2one. Just my opinion and I'm sure it was worth every penny you paid for it...

So far, herbapou is the only one I hear complaing about this... Is there anyone else in NTSC land seeing this pulsating effect?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by rhuala2
    Wish people would specify their screen sizes. I discount anything viewed on less than a 34" TV. It's very hard to detect defects on smaller TV's and so much easier when it's blown up on a 60". Everything looks 'awesome' on a 27" TV. Please specify the TV u are viewing the material on. Thanks.

rhuala
    I have a 122" screen and as long as the movie isn't too long it looks very good. Although the internal faroudja scaler in my projector makes even satellite tv look good. I would say test it out for yourself by downloading the demo. I'm not going to use the program for all movies, but for ones that are around the 2 hour mark I think this is the best solution. It's so simple and quick, I can't believe how much time I've wasted using CCE and Maestro in the past.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am amazed. WOW. Never woulda' thought it worked so good if I hadn't tried it.

I am using a 24" Sony Wega Flatscreen TV which is beautiful and clear in my opinion, and this looks dynamite.

So far have done Bev Hills Cop and Crouching Tiger, 1:45 and 2:00 respectively and they look terrific.

My daily life will now change because of this software, no exaggeration. it is worth the $45 I spent on it.

ZZ
    Quote Quote  
  29. Someone said that if quality matters that much, buy the original instead of copying someone else's DVD. Well, it sounds like you must just be pirating, but many of us are making backups of our own DVDs. We already have the original! So your statement makes no sense and doesn't apply here.

Someone said you're going to lose quality with CCE also. The point is that you will not lose nearly as much with CCE, and it's so difficult to tell the difference, it's an acceptable backup. And that's the whole point of using it. DVD2one requires you to sacrifice more on the quality with macroblocks that jump out as you when viewing on high quality equipment.

Pausing and zooming and edging inches away from the tv has never been my way of noticing quality problems. In fact, I like the subject to be moving slowly to do a true comparison. In fact, it's the low motion scenes where quality problems are most noticable. With my originals and CCE encoded backups, it's almost like looking through a window. I don't want to give that up just for a faster encode/transcode, when I dont' sit around waiting for that process anyway!

$2000 vs $40, that's irrelevant for many people here at this point because they've already got CCE, and even so, that's up to them to decide whether it's worth it to them. And for most of us, getting a little extra quality is worth more time and more money. For those who don't have CCE, they can get TMPGenc which also gives excellent quality while taking longer to encode (do something else!)

Someone mentioned 18 hours or 10 days to reenecode with CCE. My computer is 2 years old, and I can do a VBR with CCE in just a few hours with outstanding quality. Configured properly, the results far exceed the software here. If you're not seeing those results, you're doing something wrong with CCE and should probably stick with DVD2one. Again, I hope you have something better to do than to sit around waiting for an encode. I'm always doing something else, so hopefully YOUR life doesn't revolve around backing up DVDs.

Someone mentioned all the time & swet put into using CCE. It takes me seconds to setup an encode. When CCE encodes, I can sleep, eat, use my computer for other things at the same time, etc. Encoding time is NOT "MY" time. Don't blame CCE if you're too stupid to do anything than stare at your computer screen for several hours. If you don't have anything better to do, then maybe you should stick with DVD2one.

DVD2one is a decent alternative for people that don't have the the understanding to use CCE, TMPGenc and such or who don't have high quality HDTVs and progressive DVD players. But some of us want our backups to be indistinguishable from the original when viewed on our high quality equipment. CCE allows this while taking only a few minutes of my time. Otherwise, I could just split to 2 DVDs which would be ZERO quality loss.

Someone suggested that if DVD2one isn't good enough, then you should buy another copy of the original. That makes no sense to me. I'm already making acceptable backups using CCE for about 80 cents per DVD. And it's taking only minutes of my time. I know the technique, I never have to look at the guides, it's easy! Splitting to 2 DVDs would make LOSSLESS copies of DVD9 for about $1.60 each. It sure beats buying 2 DVDs of every movie! Think!

Someone mentioned that they would ony use CCE for movies between 7 and 8 GB. I don't believe in a rule such as that. It depends on the movie, the quality of the movie, and the length of the movie as well as to whether you should encode or split.

Super important movies to me like LOTR and the Star Treks.....I will just go and buy
    You should only backup/copy movies which you have already bought!
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    was the double-post for emphasis?
    Quote Quote