VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Oh sure, and that's why I get quite private messages everyday requesting my assistance!
    BWAAA HAA HAA HAA HAA HAA

C'mon, tell the truth, I bet you only get a birthday card off your mum as well really don't you!
    Quote Quote  
  2. In light of today's events, I have decided to delete my post.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I did Pearl Harbor on 2 discs, because the commemorative edition I bought at BestBuy had 2 original DVD's in it. But it looks nice, I really love dvd2one
    Quote Quote  
  4. My test results. My methods may not have been by exacting standards but the end result was extremely professional. Pearl Harbor a 3:08 movie fit very nicely on a DVD-R using DVD2One/ Ifoedit. Here are the numbers: 45 Min to Rip two DVD’s, 10 Min to process through Ifoedit, 25 Min to process through DVD2One, 58 Min to burn with RcordNow DX.

Started with this:

VTS_01_1.VOB = 7,547,560
    VTS_01_2.VOB = 2,703,678

After DVD2One:

VTS_01_1.VOB = 1,048,574
    VTS_01_2.VOB = 1,048,574
    VTS_01_3.VOB = 1,048,574
    VTS_01_4.VOB = 1,048,574
    VTS_01_5.VOB = 395,976

Still have to work on the Ifoedit and VOBEdit process, new to this processing.

Bud
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I just used DVD2ONE on American Beauty and it just ROCKS!

GREAT program and an excellent time saver for a movie only rip.

I like keeping menus and stuff so I look forward to the new releases.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yeah I did American Beauty with dvd2one and it does look awesome 8) I can't wait for the dvd2one update hehe
    Quote Quote  
  7. Ah Bud that looks neat what you did there with Pearl Harbor. So you used decryptor to rip the vobs as 1 big file (in this case 2 of them) and then you processed them by ripping out the audio you didn't want, subs, etc then went with dvd2one? Because I have several movies here that I used dvdxcopy on and I'd like to re-do them by reading disc 1 and disc 2 what have you, and then using dvd2one to take it down to 1 disc. Wish there was a guide for this, it might be easier to look at it and do it. I can see what is going on and understand it, but if you could shed some light on the process you did, I'd appreciate it. Thanks 8)
    Quote Quote  
  8. Alright, if CCE would run on my system (450 PII, 320 megs of SDRAM) then I'd try it just to prove once and for all that the difference between using CCE and dvd2one is neglible. However, since CCE will not run on a Pentium 2 I have 2 choices. Either I can take 15 hours or more and use TMPGenc and encode the movie, or I can take 45 minutes to encode the movie and then burn it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine which is the better method here. It all depends on what you want. If you have tons of free time, then use CCE and knock yourself out. But while you're waiting for your 1 movie to get done, I've already done a stack of movies and am off watching them and enjoying them. Just a few thoughts
    Quote Quote  
  9. gobama

I did nothing, the software did it all. I just selected Main Movie in decryptor, it pulled one file from disk one and one file from disk two. As far as leaving out the other stuff, DVD2One did all that plus compress down. I just selected English Audio, I did not want any sub-titles so leave that blank, let DVD2One do it's thing. I have done three or four movies with DVD2One and it appears it makes no difference what you start with the the ending file size will always be the same 4.38 GB.

Bud
    Quote Quote  
  10. Ah I understand now. That's really neat, just have decryptor merge the vob files together so you have only 1 to mess with. With Pearl Harbor, it's 2 but it still works. I think I'll try this, even though I know it'll work. Got some free time today. Thanks Bud for replying
    Quote Quote  
  11. I did the complete DVD set of a cartoon (Les merveilleuses cités d'or) and it worked great.

But I tested on The Godfather part I Zone2 and it is very pixelized. will try on a James Bond Movie now.
    [-Neoh*-]|[-Cheers-]
    Quote Quote  
  12. I left out one process, and this is only if you are doing a two or three or more part movie, like Pearl Harbor, it was in two parts. You have to join the clips with VOBedit. First you must rename the VOB's like this:

Let's say your original is VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_02_1.VOB
    VTS_02_2.VOB

You woudl rename ALL to VTS_01_001.VOB throuhg VTS_01_005

Then run through VOBedit to create a new set of VOB's, run through Ifoedit to create a new set of IFO's (BUP/IFO)

I am not up on the complete process of using VobEdit or IFoEdit, this was my first attempt. Now if your movie is a single set of let's say 120 Min movie you don't have to do anything, the could even be longer as long as it's a single set of files DVD2One will do it without any mod's. I did the movei Invision which was 174 min in a single DVD and it came out perfect. without doing anything. I would suggest you look at the Ifoedit and VOBEdit guides here http://mpucoder.kewlhair.com/derrow/index.html

Bud
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by JasonK
    Yet you bore the hell out of the rest of us with your endless posts and babble.
    Oh sure, and that's why I get quite private messages everyday requesting my assistance!

Now wake up out of your dream world regarding how you would hope my life is and come back to reality. Like I said, you can do it YOUR way, but it's been proven time and time again to be lower quality. If you're satisfied with it, then be my guest. But us videophiles rather put in a little extra effort to produce an indistinguishable copy.

As for the help I've given, it's in the "thousands" of posts on the different video related forums, mostly related to video editing, not for bootleggers.
    True "videophiles" would'nt really be watching copies they'd be watching the original. Copies serve their purposes, purposes in which you don't mind taking the hit in Quality. DVD2One puts out a very serviceable copy, and given the time benefit, it makes sense to back up your originals with this program.
    Quote Quote  
  14. gobama,

If you have tons of free time, then use CCE and knock yourself out. But while you're waiting for your 1 movie to get done,
    Tons of free time? It takes me only seconds to setup a CCE encode. And I've never waited for "anything" to "get done." I hope you have better things to do than sit and stare at your computer.

I've already done a stack of movies and am off watching them and enjoying them
    Not me, I watch my originals. I make backups in case something happens to the original. I watch parts of the backups to verify it's working properly and excellent quality, but they are intended as a backup.

scarpad, you should read all my posts before responding with something which clearly shows you aren't reading reading befor responding with BS.

True "videophiles" would'nt really be watching copies they'd be watching the original.
    I'm not sure what you're smoking, but I watch my originals, the copies server a backup purpose. Therefore, in order to serve as a backup, they must be indistinguishable from the originals, or I might as well not have backups. The whole point of the backup is that if something happens to the original, you want something to fall back on without sacrificing "noticable" quality. My CCE method produces awesome quality while taking only seconds of my time.

Copies serve their purposes, purposes in which you don't mind taking the hit in Quality.
    I disagree completely. Read my last statement. For me, a quality must be an acceptable replacement in the event something happens to the original. I get that type of quality with CCE using my method while only taking seconds of my time to setup the process.

DVD2One puts out a very serviceable copy, and given the time benefit, it makes sense to back up your originals with this program.
    Given the time? That makes no sense. I produce CCE backups by investing only seconds of my time. A serviceable backup to me means one that is indistingishible from the original in case something happens to the original. So it makes no sense to me to backup your originals with a program that many people are commenting about macroblocks, blockiness, pulsating, background artifacting, pixelization in people's faces, distortion, etc. When you have good quality equipment, these things are very important.
    Quote Quote  
  15. allenf,

For me I have no problem with people saying negative things about DVD2ONE if they are constructive. What Jason does is say you guys are idiots for using this CCE is better.
    WRONG! I've never said anyone was an idiot for using DVD2one. In fact, if you had read most of my posts lately, you will see I said it was a good idea for newbies, lazy people, people who don't have good quality equipment, people who aren't as particular about quality, or people who have difficulty understanding the more technical methods such as with CCE.

WRONG! CCE is better under some circumstances.
    Better in what way? Qualitywise, it's BETTER quality whenever the bitrate of a video must be reduced.

I don't car what he says abotu setting CCE up. It may take hime 1 minute 30. I can set DVD2One up in 15 secs. Well it's time to go.
    It takes seconds to setup CCE. I've said this multiple times. I don't sit and stare at my computer during encoding.

I also calibrated my TV myself, but it's common knowledge on the high-end video forums that some tweaks are more accurate when performed with special equipment by certified calibrators rather than Joe Blow yourself. Although my image quality was excellent after my own calibration with AVIA, I think the additional improvement of a certified calibrator is a small price to pay considering how much the equipment costs, you might as well get the most out of it. If you did yours yourself, then no wonder you don't notice the difference between your DVD2ONE and original videos. You probably did something wrong.

? It gives 1080 at the most but since you are using a DVD it gives 720. My projector gives 1024 lines of resolution. Your logic, as usual, is flawed at best
    Speaking of flawed logic, there's no way you're getting any of these resolutions from a DVD, so to mention them is ridiculous. There's more to this issue than resolution! My logic is that CCE encoding with my method gives noticably better quality. It's also been proven to others here and has been discussed at the doom9 forum.

Gandyman,

you call me an ass for making a fool out of you, but I stand behind everything I've said. TV is not a synonym for projector. I'm not sure what dictionary you've been reading. We've got projectors at work which definitely are NOT TVs! LOL And they certainly dont do HDTV! You are a joke. You might want to take a trip to the AVSforums also and ask them if a projector and TV are synonyms. Your flawed logic has me laughing. But what you're really trying to avoid is the fact that DVD2ONE does give a noticable quality loss on the backup DVD which I can see on my high quality equipment, yet you can't seem to notice on your mis-calibrated system. Maybe you should pay me to calibrate it. I have calibrrated some others for people who didn't want to pay a certified calibrator. However, you should read up in the AVSforums to understand the mindset of us videophiles. Newbies like you have a lot to learn.

Now let's get back to discussing issues in a more respectful manner. There's no need to attack others who disagree with you!!!

Newbies: before responding to my posts, please be sure to read all of them. I've had to respond to several responses to posts of mine by people that clearly didn't read my earlier posts, and I'm having to post redundant information which I have already responded about.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    JasonK,

You really should have read the handle of your nemesis fully and you would have spotted the type of person he/she is.

i.e. irwincur = I Are Winker which pretty much says it all.

Now children DVD2One is a very good program, actually I think it is the dogz bollox and have made loads backups (backups?? LOL) and all are great for what it does.

JasonK is right when it comes to super quality CCE is simply fantastic and a lot better than tons of hardware MPEG2 encoders out there. It well sucks at MPEG1, but then TMPGenc kicks arse at that anyway.

Anybody who thinks TMPGenc is crap IMHO is just crap at encoding in the 1st place, yes him above :P

DVD2One may not be the be all and end all of transcoding app's, but hey it does the job and does it F*&ing quick, so I think it deserves full praise and at this price christ you can't really complain.

Nuff said Ndb)
    Quote Quote  
  17. I see this program early this week, and after trying (Don`t have a DVD burner.... yet) i convince a friend of mine to buy it.

We rent Harry Potter and the Sorcerer Stone, a 2 hours 20 minutes + movie,

We backup the Full Screen Version (The only one avalaible in our country, and the reason we backup it) with the English and Portuguese audio AND subtitles... The result almost the same than the source in 48 Inch TV...

As soon as i can get a DVD burner i will buy this utility, VERY, VERY good
    Quote Quote  
  18. I'd personally like to try out CCE. But I won't get the chance until I can build me an Athlon XP 2200+ system, which I am going to be doing fairly soon. Money is always a problem hehhe. I just know on my system that using CCE (which won't even work on a PII) is not a good option because of the time involved. Now if I could do a movie in say 2-3 hours, then I might do that. Above all else, I want quality. JasonK, I watch my backups because there's little ones running around here and getting into everything so I watch my backups so the originals don't get messed up. If you have a good method of using CCE, then please let me know about it. I'd be more than happy to try it out. After all, we're 1 big community and we can all learn something new. Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I cant see why ppl lifting this to the skys. I have tested this proggie on 3 movies now and i cant say i liek the output it gives. Compearing the dvd2one putput, the original and my-usual-way output the quality is about ok but far from good. It looks about the same as my old SVCD and some thime worse and thats not good for 4.36Gig...and i dont think its me doing something wrong, since there is no settings :/.

maby my TV and DVD is to revleaing..

the only think good i see is the speed, but how good is that when you cant use the output..
    Well, I am the slime from your video.
    Oozin' along on your livin'room floor.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by agzz
    I cant see why ppl lifting this to the skys. I have tested this proggie on 3 movies now and i cant say i liek the output it gives. Compearing the dvd2one putput, the original and my-usual-way output the quality is about ok but far from good. It looks about the same as my old SVCD and some thime worse and thats not good for 4.36Gig...and i dont think its me doing something wrong, since there is no settings :/.

maby my TV and DVD is to revleaing..

the only think good i see is the speed, but how good is that when you cant use the output..
    You pretty much answered your question above: SPEED!!!

I mean a program that can transcode a DVD-9 to DVD-R in less than 30mins whilst keeping all the original chapter points (CCE and TMPGenc can't keep the chapter points), subs and audio tracks and still be watchable is pretty kin fantastic IMHO

Please all you DVD2One haters and geeky CCE people: DVD2One is not about ultra high DVD backups, it's about speed, simplicty and getting the job done.

WELL IT DOES IT 100%

Ndb)
    Quote Quote  
  21. It's hard to believe that some people continue to feel the need to repeat themselves over and over again. That really is a waste of time, especially for people who are new to accessing this particular thread, and are forced to have read the same posts over and over. Another thing I find interesting is the first day DVD2ONE was released, there were countless people who didn't use real good judgment before drawing a conclusion on how good DVD2ONE really is. They back up ONE movie and act as though DVD2ONE is the best software ever introduced. I have read all the posts on all the topics pertaining to DVD2ONE, and there have been many people who have only tested one or two movies here and there, and suprisingly enough are saying they will never use another product other then DVD2ONE again. That's amazing to make that statement when those people haven't performed enough tests on DVD2ONE to begin with. Some of the movies that I've read that are VERY NOTICEABLE in terms of pixelation or quality using DVD2ONE are movies like SAVING PRIVATE RYAN, the GODFATHER, CASTAWAY, and a few others. As far as i'm concerned, those are serious problems. If others don't care, then as I said before, that is their perogative. I decided to try this product out a couple of days ago, and i've found some interesting results. One, the movies that I tried were mainly comedies, but comedies which were about 2 hours long, so the files were about 6 GB'S total, and from what I've read, you should use another method on anything over 6 GB'S. When I tried to back the movies up, the picture quality was great. It was hard for me to tell the difference between the backup and the original, and one thing I find interesting is those movies had very little action in them. I have plenty of action movies to test, but others have already posted on those movies and I think the results have not been all acceptible. It looks like file size doesn't have as much impact on DVD2ONE as people think. It looks like the TYPE of movie plays an equally important role. One other thing to note is that when I watched one of the backups I saw there was a couple of instances where the picture jerked. It was a very rapid jitter, but it happened on a couple of different occasions, although I won't attribute this solely to DVD2ONE, although it may be. I've never had that particular problem before in doing about 50 or so movies using CCE, so it is either a bug in DVD2ONE, or it is my media. The thing is that ONLY one of the movies had that jitter. I thought it may be because DVD2ONE makes use of almost all of the 4.37 GB's available, and I noticed that all of the output for all of the movies were exactly 4.36 GB's. I am using ACCU media made by LEAD DATA AND SONY, and they are excellent, but even with EXPENSIVE media, because the data is more sensitive towards the ends of the disks, then this could be a problem for many others as well. I'm interested in seeing if ANYONE else experienced this problem I have or if it may of just been a bad disk. It's just hard to say that it was a bad disk when I've made a ton of them already, both the LEAD DATA AND SONY, and have not once, had a single problem, especially anything to do with any rapid jitter. I will continue to use CCE for all movies, but IF down the line, a version of this software is released which works the same on ALL DVD movies, such as CCE does, and the time is still as fast as it is now, then I think switching AT THAT TIME, would be a no brainer. But the Jury is still out on DVD2ONE and it's obvious as of right now, the best case for DVD2ONE is a hung jury. One last thing I want to say is that people might want to think before they speak because IF DVD2ONE EVER becomes as good as CCE with respect to encoding MPEG2, and the speed is the same or about the same as it is currently, then this IRWIN IS NO FOOL, he will charge a price that is worth the quality and the speed. With that being said, it should be obvious that laughing about how low the price is now might not be a good idea for the future.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Jason if you paid someone to calibrate your TV they stole your money. And again you have said nothing to prove what your HDTV can do that my projector can't. ALSO, ARE U STUPID? LIKE SOMEONE SAID ABOVE ME A PROJECTION TV IS A PROJECTOR IN A BOX.

Also your equipment must suck ass. I have done the following movies with no quality difference from CCE:

Dinner Rush
    Amelie
    Kings of Comedy
    Super troopers
    Dragonfly
    K19
    Barbershop
    Blue Crush
    About a Boy
    Powerpuff Girls
    Sum of all Fears.

Seems like a pretty good sample if you ask me. I think you have user errors.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Update on the pulsating sharp/blurr/sharp/blurr/... frames problem.

I did about 30 movies with DVD2one so far and this only happen with 2 movies (my first 2, talk about bad luck).

All other movies I did came out with very good quality. Even long movies like StarWars came out very well. I did notice some shimmering, but it was constant, not a rotation of good/bad frames.

So I am now very please with the quality of DVD2one. I trying to join Pearl Harbor into 1 DVD-5. That movie is on 2 DVD-9 so its kind of the ultimate test

The important thing with DVD2one is to check your output on the PC before you burn. Its important to make sure there is no major quality degradation with the movie your doing. The quality of the output changes a lot with different movies.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by defense
    It's hard to believe that some people continue to feel the need to repeat themselves over and over again. That really is a waste of time, especially for people who are new to accessing this particular thread, and are forced to have read the same posts over and over. Another thing I find interesting is the first day DVD2ONE was released, there were countless people who didn't use real good judgment before drawing a conclusion on how good DVD2ONE really is. They back up ONE movie and act as though DVD2ONE is the best software ever introduced. I have read all the posts on all the topics pertaining to DVD2ONE, and there have been many people who have only tested one or two movies here and there, and suprisingly enough are saying they will never use another product other then DVD2ONE again. That's amazing to make that statement when those people haven't performed enough tests on DVD2ONE to begin with. Some of the movies that I've read that are VERY NOTICEABLE in terms of pixelation or quality using DVD2ONE are movies like SAVING PRIVATE RYAN, the GODFATHER, CASTAWAY, and a few others. As far as i'm concerned, those are serious problems. If others don't care, then as I said before, that is their perogative. I decided to try this product out a couple of days ago, and i've found some interesting results. One, the movies that I tried were mainly comedies, but comedies which were about 2 hours long, so the files were about 6 GB'S total, and from what I've read, you should use another method on anything over 6 GB'S. When I tried to back the movies up, the picture quality was great. It was hard for me to tell the difference between the backup and the original, and one thing I find interesting is those movies had very little action in them. I have plenty of action movies to test, but others have already posted on those movies and I think the results have not been all acceptible. It looks like file size doesn't have as much impact on DVD2ONE as people think. It looks like the TYPE of movie plays an equally important role. One other thing to note is that when I watched one of the backups I saw there was a couple of instances where the picture jerked. It was a very rapid jitter, but it happened on a couple of different occasions, although I won't attribute this solely to DVD2ONE, although it may be. I've never had that particular problem before in doing about 50 or so movies using CCE, so it is either a bug in DVD2ONE, or it is my media. The thing is that ONLY one of the movies had that jitter. I thought it may be because DVD2ONE makes use of almost all of the 4.37 GB's available, and I noticed that all of the output for all of the movies were exactly 4.36 GB's. I am using ACCU media made by LEAD DATA AND SONY, and they are excellent, but even with EXPENSIVE media, because the data is more sensitive towards the ends of the disks, then this could be a problem for many others as well. I'm interested in seeing if ANYONE else experienced this problem I have or if it may of just been a bad disk. It's just hard to say that it was a bad disk when I've made a ton of them already, both the LEAD DATA AND SONY, and have not once, had a single problem, especially anything to do with any rapid jitter. I will continue to use CCE for all movies, but IF down the line, a version of this software is released which works the same on ALL DVD movies, such as CCE does, and the time is still as fast as it is now, then I think switching AT THAT TIME, would be a no brainer. But the Jury is still out on DVD2ONE and it's obvious as of right now, the best case for DVD2ONE is a hung jury. One last thing I want to say is that people might want to think before they speak because IF DVD2ONE EVER becomes as good as CCE with respect to encoding MPEG2, and the speed is the same or about the same as it is currently, then this IRWIN IS NO FOOL, he will charge a price that is worth the quality and the speed. With that being said, it should be obvious that laughing about how low the price is now might not be a good idea for the future.
    Give credit where it's due. This is good software and the quality is great. With CCE & TMPG one have to wait 8 to 30 hrs hoping the movie came out clear, sized right and with no audio sync problems. Please give me a break. do u know what I can do in 30 hrs, I can fly from here to the UK & back in that much time.
    Live Life 2 The Fullest, Live The Life U Luv & Luv The Life U Live!
    Quote Quote  
  25. Hey defense, if you're gonna take such a long reply, pleasse
    use more paragraphs, i kept loosing my place...(*

As for STARWARS, its not a good disc to use dvd2one, though
    the bright scenes look g8, dark ones dont, but hey, WTF, it didnt
    cost a lot of money,and it doesnt take a long time either..

Now for comedies and dramas,where no action is present, what
    the hell, use it, if you're a stickler, use cce or tmpg....

__________________________________________________ ____

Some people are real getting mean when it comes to this subject(*
    Quote Quote  
  26. @ Jah_Rankin
    Give credit where it's due. This is good software and the quality is great
    I gave credit where it is due. I said comedies and movies with low action, regardless of the file size, seem to retain tremendous quality with DVD2ONE. As for your GREAT software quote, well, it's obvious it is FAR from Great. People have had just as much success with movies as they have had shimmering, jitters, or pulsating problems with others.
    Please give me a break. do u know what I can do in 30 hrs, I can fly from here to the UK & back in that much time.
    And I can take 3 shits in 30 hours, so what's your point? It takes my machine less then 3 hours to reencode most movies with CCE. If it's taking your computer 30 hours, you shouldn't be using anything other then the built in Windows calculator on that joker.

As I said from my first post on this subject, it's a waste of time and senseless to disparage each other's opinions. However, when there are problems such as the ones that have been mentioned with DVD2ONE, then those need to be elaborated on as well. Apparently there are people that just want to hear what they have been hoping for so long. That some software will come out and it will be the Messiah of DVD software with time and quality, and DVD2ONE is FAR, FAR from that point. Especially when it comes to action packed movies. People were so anxious and excited with this product, that they let one test on one movie cloud their judgment. With more time, it is shown that more movies have more problems, including one of the ones I did which has some type of jittering and jerky video here and there. But once again, I will reverberate, if people ARE NOT concerned with ANY pixelation or jitters here and there, then it's all good for them. As for me, IF & WHEN DVD2ONE has enough updates to compete CONSISTENTLY with other methods, then the day of DVD making with simplicity, speed and quality has arrived. Until then, do what your happy with, and I'll continue to do what i'm happy with.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Another negative for DVD2ONE and probably the answer to the problem I experienced with one of the movies I tested this software on. From the original DVD2ONE thread, samsung27f said:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have used dvd2one for the abyss, and noticed that it skips every so often, it continues to play fine, but there will be points of a 1 or 2 second pause, this has also happened with back to the future, I've redone them twice, in case it was due to mastering or burning of the disc, but it still persists, I have also tried it on different players and it persists.
    Looks like that just reemphasizes my point. I feel sorry for some of these obsessive compulsive people here who feel the need to backup as many movies as humanly possible, because with all of these problems with this software, they will be in for a RUDE AWAKENING when they go to watch them. And those people who are OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE, will not be too pleased with shimmering, jitters, and pixelation. Looks like since they only wasted a total of about an hour on each movie, then that won't be too bad. Hopefully they have cheap media.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Does anyone know what DVD2ONE does when main movie will fit without reencoding, when have stripped out audio tracks and subtitles. Will it still reencode. DVD2DVDR for example won't reencode in these cases. Seems unnecessary for DVD2ONE to do it, but you never know. Anyone tried it?
    I wanna be bigger, stronger, drive a faster car...
    Quote Quote  
  29. Does anyone know what DVD2ONE does when main movie will fit without reencoding, when have stripped out audio tracks and subtitles. Will it still reencode. DVD2DVDR for example won't reencode in these cases. Seems unnecessary for DVD2ONE to do it, but you never know. Anyone tried it?
    The author answered this question on another forum and said the software will not re-encode movies that will fit. It will just simply take the audio and subtitle options that you've selected and create the file set.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Well then the program seems lovely! Thanx for your quick answer IvIark! It's a pity it doesn't rip as well (I've understood that DVDR does this, rip and demux), but I guess you can't get everything. The main question is if there will be a program that does everything. Takes care of the menus, subtitles, audiotracks. Encodes main movie, extras so it will fit on DVD-5, being able to reduce bitrate or resolution, and if possible strip extras but still keep menu, though it will disable the affected buttons. Isn't this what everyone is waiting for? I think so. Let see what the future holds...
    I wanna be bigger, stronger, drive a faster car...
    Quote Quote