VideoHelp Forum

Poll: How many DVDs do you own?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you don't want to know -- but it is (slightly) less than a 1000
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you counting box sets too? I've got the X-Files seasons 1-5 (can't wait for 6) - there must be 30 in there alone!

BJ_M - have you actually seen all your DVDs, or were they theings you picked up in the sales that you thought you might get round to watching? (those 3 for 2 offers always get me! )

Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    62, plus a couple VHS tapes, and none of them are boxed sets of TV series. I guess if you want to count individual discs probably 5-6 of those 62 have a second disc with special features that I never watch.

I don't know how I ended up with that many, I don't feel like I've bought that many movies....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rhegedus
    Are you counting box sets too? I've got the X-Files seasons 1-5 (can't wait for 6) - there must be 30 in there alone!

BJ_M - have you actually seen all your DVDs, or were they theings you picked up in the sales that you thought you might get round to watching? (those 3 for 2 offers always get me! :D )

Regards,

Rob
    most i got for free - i am a member of the ASC and A.M.P.A.S plus have copies of a lot of films i worked on ..
    Quote Quote  
  6. Have not counted them for a while, but over 200
    Quote Quote  
  7. 711, not counting all 7 seasons of Star Trek STNG, plus 9 Rams and 10 +RW's.
    Quote Quote  
  8. tgpo, ya forgot, over 100, too many to count....(*
    Quote Quote  
  9. i own 25 dvds and around 200 + VCDS
    Baskaran Swamiappan
    Englewood,CO
    baskis@gmail.com
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by musher70
    tgpo, ya forgot, over 100, too many to count....(*
    I let all of that fall under the tgpo option.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    about 520 dvd, haven't count for a while...
    :P
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hum... Small number... for the selection.

Wonder what it would be if asked about VCD number?
    Quote Quote  
  13. around 225 right now, but I count several disc sets as 1, so many more. (i.e., STNG complete seasons, etc.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have about 25 or so also.. BUT i have close to 500 SVCDs and the funny thing is that i have watched maybe 2 or 3 of the DVDs and maybe 10 of the SVCDs i spend so mch time making them and crap that i dont have time to actually watch.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    419 SVCDs (30 or 40 VCDs)

339 DVDs

526 DVD-Rs (72 DVD-Rs of Head Bangers Ball from the early 90's!)
    Quote Quote  
  16. In the low 30's. But with any luck, I will get the hundred or so movies I have on VHS converted to VCD and loose the wxtra weight!
    Quote Quote  
  17. I have about 25 or so also.. BUT i have close to 500 SVCDs and the funny thing is that i have watched maybe 2 or 3 of the DVDs and maybe 10 of the SVCDs i spend so mch time making them and crap that i dont have time to actually watch.
    I hear that! In the middle of finally getting the hang of making the movies, My buddy introduced me to Battlefield 1942. I am way behind in getting my movies converted over.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    One question...
    ...are we talking originals here?
    (sorry, couldn't resist, only joking )
    Around 40.
    Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  19. I have 73.

just outta interest, what is everyone top 5 movie of all time??? Mine owuld have to be: (not in order)

Jaws, The Matrix, Lock Stock, Snatch, Hard Target
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by freak_in_cage_10k
    just outta interest, what is everyone top 5 movie of all time??? Mine owuld have to be: (not in order)

Jaws, The Matrix, Lock Stock, Snatch, Hard Target
    Good post, might be worthwhile making a seperate thread on this
    A top five is far too difficult for me, but I know my No. 1.
    Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  21. hi Silky31 m8,

firstly, when you said Will do u mean that is the name of your fave film, or is that you real name? sorry 2 sound dumb!

Second, i think i will place a new post on top 5 films, but do you know what room i should place it in??

cheers man
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    His name is Will.

Place it under Off Topic
    Quote Quote  
  23. 35 DVDs (incl 3 from the boxed set of Back to the Future Trilogy). Over 50 VHS, no VCDs/SVCDs. My DVD player does not play SVCD any way
    *** My computer can beat me at chess, but is no match when it comes to kick-boxing. ***
    Quote Quote  
  24. I have approximately 300 DVDs, but the only time they saw the light of day was when they were put into my dvd-rom for ripping. Now, they just sit in the closet unless the backup goes bad. I buy 2-6 new movies every week, and I actually bought both versions of LOTR .
    Sometimes, ya just gotta.....umm, what's the word........FART???
    Quote Quote  
  25. i own 5 dvds and 3 vcds i know thats not much but im building my collection up slowly
    Quote Quote  
  26. Around 160
    If it's wet, drink it

My DVD Collection
    Quote Quote  
  27. I have over 2 milllllllion DVDs. No Lie. I own BLOCKBUSTER'S. Now someone just try to beat that record.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Around 319 - I love movies and have a custom built home theater in the basement. http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=bigman606
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Too many and getting bigger and bigger collection of DVD movies and taking over VHS.

Most of my old videotape collection is now gone with only a handful of Beta and VHS tapes. My old machines are going as well as too expensive to fix.

Even the video hire store the DVD is now bigger than VHS.
    Quote Quote