VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Looks very simple to use and it is also very very fast.
    http://www.dvd2one.com (no free software but trial available).

It converts dual layer dvd-9 to one single layer recordable dvd-5 in 15 - 30 minutes.
    Quote Quote  
  2. its for DVD5 only?
    does it recompress it? not seems to....
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick
    Looks very simple
    http://www.dvd2one.com (no free software but trial available).

It converts to one dvd if it wont fit but it does not keep any extras.
    Yes I got it after reading your post. Figured someone should try it out. was just $43 U.S. not bad so I got it to see how it works. All I can say is toooooooo cooooooool, owrks just as said, took 13 min to make a rip into one dvd with chapter points. Burmed with recordnow as they recommended. Not a noticable diff in the qualitly or anything. Perfect from front to rear. Will goback and see what compression it did have not done that yet But total time from rip to burn complete was 48 min at 4x burn and rip with dvd decrypter. Will try with longest movie i have today. But one of the first packages I have seen that fits on a floppy and does what it says.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How long was the movie you tried? Did it actually recompress? Tried something long and find out.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by flaystus
    How long was the movie you tried? Did it actually recompress? Tried something long and find out.
    The movie was 102 Min. I did not mean I did a little movie, I was just saying I will try a really long one. Yes it did recompress but to what I have not looked yet, Have lots of work to do and as soon as I get a chance I will put the rate it was and went too. But it took only 13 minutes to actually mack the new video_ts folder. 13 min to burn. and about 22 to rip to an ISO. so tatal I did DVD-ISO then loaded it up with Nero Img. drive, next ran dvd2one and picked what moive I wanted and sound and caption, hit start when finnished I burned at 4x and all was great. Normally I use RW to test but was in a hurry to get some other work done. I will check the rate it actually recompressed or if it just dropped frames out, Have not looked at the disk yet to see but will when I get back home.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Wow thats fast...there must be a catch. I await your findings...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is no catch....(read that this prog. turns the bitrate down).....?

This prog. is not working for me (Got a Sony MHC-ZX70) and there are timings problems...(film jumps every second to a different chapter) just contacted the author of this program. He's not tested this type of DVDplayer.....

Crawl
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by flaystus
    Wow thats fast...there must be a catch. I await your findings...
    Okay this is from smartripper,

average Data rate

before is 825 kbs after is 535 kbs, this is for a 2 hr. 22 min. movie took 19 minutes to convert and 15 minutes to write. 28 min to rip to ISO. Would be alot shorter on the rip but I just like to get the whole thing not the movie. I will try on some friends DVD to see how well it works on theirs. I made a mistake earlier on my post the movie a was using that took 13 min. was 1hr. 42 minutes long. Quality is great but the speed it which is resizes is fast as crap. Not saying go out and buy it. I did just so we could have a review if it works or not. I say do it manually with IFOEdit, but that is not for everyone. Okay have a great day.
    Quote Quote  
  9. well its expensive
    its a small download
    fast
    but it works what more can i say 125 min movie 1hr 50mins from start to completion using 1x media

lecson dvd 909 and playstation 2

burnt usint recordmax dx

sony dru500a firmware 1d
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    try using that program on a movie that over 2 hours long like braveheart or lord of the rings and if it works flawlessly then i would be impressed.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Obviously that thing is not re-encoding so what the hell is it doing?

Dropping frames? That doenst sound good.

Reducing the movie inside the dvd resolution? That would be like taking an anmorphic movie and making it letterbox...

One thing is sure, there is a catch since its not re-encoding
    Quote Quote  
  12. It IS transcoding the movie to a lesser bitrate so it can fit on a DVD-5. It uses the motion vectors etc from the original encode, that's why it's so fast. I believe the new product coming from Pinnacle will do that as well..

Naturally, a really long movie won't look good on a single DVD-5. It's just not possible because of the bitrate limitation. At least not without heavy filtering or dropping the res to HalfD1...
    Quote Quote  
  13. how many dollars is 39.99 euro's, any1 know?
    can we buy this is us?or order online in us?
    Quote Quote  
  14. I have try the demo with a 2h 06min movie. (Willow)

It gave me the first 30 mins and it seem to playback fine on my PC.

What are the problems to expect from a transcoded movie when playing it on standalone dvd players??

What I like about it is its a fast and easy way to make movies FIT on a DVD-5 DVD. But it would be great to allow to reserved some spaces so we can re-insert the VOBS with the original menus.

Anyone knows where I can find more info about transcoding?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by herbapou
    Anyone knows where I can find more info about transcoding?
    Transcoding - how does it work?
    Quote Quote  
  16. I dont know about his this program it lowers the bit rate you will have a less quality picture for sure , you might not notice it on a 25" TV set but you will on a big screen TV, which I plan on buying soon, Ill stick with DVDXCOPY.
    Quote Quote  
  17. I tried demo version...

It is EXTREMELY fast!!! 7 minutes to transcode 30 min of movie

And yes, it re-encodes the movie.
    In very long movies (3 hours, 7.6 Gb) I notice some pixelation. Also some contrast is lost.

Antonio S.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by musher70
    how many dollars is 39.99 euro's, any1 know?
    can we buy this is us?or order online in us?
    Under what BIG ROCK are you ..Crawling.. from.

there's no big difference between the value of a dollar or a euro...at least at this point....

An check the website you l&^%cy ba*&^%%rd

Craw(ling)......
    Quote Quote  
  19. Well so far this is beating the crap out of ReMPEG2 in terms on quality and speed... It may look promising afterall.

But, while I was getting more info about it on the net, I came across Pinacle InstantCopy, a software still in developpement, who look to be very very promising. It is suppose to be a DVD-9 to DVD-5 complete copy solution.
    Quote Quote  
  20. I have just got this proggy.

Check my pc specs, pretty mediocre.
    I was looking into upgrading to p4+ddr ram as re-encoding was a killer on my machine.

This program does exactly what I need.

I ripped in 30mins.
    Used dvd2one for 30 mins
    Burned with nero for 1 hr @ 1x

I know they say nero isn't recommended but my method works for all of my 4 standalones so it's good for me.
    If tomorrow doesn`t exist where shall we all be the day after tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  21. Just had a thought(call the press/medical staff).

Something I am going to try.

Going to rip a dvd and strip it first to try and get approx 4.5Gb.

Then put it through dvd2one (reduce to 4.36Gb)

As there is not much difference between the before dvd2one and after I am going to see WHAT impact it has (if any) to the video quality as in my opinion there should not be much!!!!!!

Because I think(again) the longer ur overall movie is eg.pearl harbour,titanic then the lower the overall quality will be, if it is a re-encoding poss.

Does that make sense?
    If tomorrow doesn`t exist where shall we all be the day after tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  22. You know I just tried it on Back to the Future3 and it didn't do anything. The filesizes were the same. Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  23. without the old silly question/silly answer theory, will it already fit on a dvdr?
    Quote Quote  
  24. This is a good question. It is 4.83gigs and will not fit. What I suspect is when I ripped it I ripped specific audio streams. I will attempt to rip it with all streams and do it again. I recall seeing in the directions that you should rip everything, then use this program.

By the way I used dvddecrypter.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Well, I just tried the trial version on K-PAX which is too big even after stripping out extra audio tracks.

The program had almost no options at all and encoded 30 minutes of the movie in about 20 minutes. I made an ISO file with Imgtools then played the resultant virtual dvd with Intervideo WinDVD and it played flawlessly. The quality looked great.

I hate to say it, but I'm impressed. I'm still a little confused about transcoding.... this method seems too good to be true. Is transcoding a valid way to make good DVDs? Can anyone who understands what transcoding does enlighten us? Hopefully a more in depth explaination than "it lowers the bitrate"..

mrHua
    Quote Quote  
  26. yeah try in file mode & make sure u select all files - then in dvd2one, choose the appropriate movie & sound options you want
    Quote Quote  
  27. I just did Minority report the move itself is 2:25 about 7 gig took 20 mins to put on 1 dvd. Plays flawlessly. I chose the english tracks and all subtitles. Everything works.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Guest
    Has anyone compared the quality versus "standard" methods?

How do high action sections look?
    Quote Quote  
  29. I am now watching the Timetraveler movie which I just burned using this method. It created a fully functional movie. I am playing it back now and can't tell the difference. Plus the original rip required 2 disc. So my total time is 10 minutes to rip, 14 to re-encode with dvd2one and 24 minutes to burn. 48 minutes total. I am playing it back on my Apex 5131 and 36" tv. I don't see any difference compared to the original.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As far as Rempeg goes, you can beat its quality using anyting... heck reencoding with a rock would be better. (sorry rempeg fans,its true) But right now I'm using DVD2SVCD with CCE to do my video only disk and its working great, but still takes quite a bit of time even on my 2200+, so if this is working I might give it a try and see if I like it.

I'm on Vactation next week so I might be able to dig up some time to check it myself.
    Quote Quote