VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Great job kwag, looks very identical, even if you
    re-encode, like star wars or lotrs, with rempeg it
    still blocks out now and then...thx
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by musher70
    Great job kwag, looks very identical, even if you
    re-encode, like star wars or lotrs, with rempeg it
    still blocks out now and then...thx
    That's right!. And Green Mile is a very long film! The DVD is 7.24GB. So this program is doing an amazing job on fitting it on 4.36GB 8)

-kwag
    KVCD.Net - Advanced Video Conversion
    http://www.kvcd.net
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i've done my own tests with the trial version and i think of myself as quite fussy when it comes to picture quality,
    i'd love to buy the full version but the link to buy it is down has been allday, try tomoro
    just wish you could keep original menu at beginning - maybe in a later update
    Quote Quote  
  4. curryman, i just bought it this morning about 2hrs ago,
    maybe yoiu should try it again...

Noticed when it does its"transcoding", it likes to get
    right up to the max limit, like 4.36g's...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have had time to look at the test bmp's and there are some points that need raising

1 THE SCENE INVOLVED COULDN'T BE MORE COMPLEX WATER,FLAMES,HIGH MOTION AND A CLOSE UP.

2 WE ARE LOOKING AT THESE TESTS ON OUR MONITOR,YOU AINT GONNA NOTICE THIS SAT IN YOUR ARMCHAIR.

3 $2000 v $50 SO WOULD EXPECT SOME DIFFERENCE

I had been using DVD2SVCD with TMPGenc (yes thats right CCE was giving me a much darker image that i just didn't like) and getting good results.Now though i'm getting the same if not better for a fraction of the time.I will also get my mony back by not havin to leave the pc on all night encoding.I know there are poeple out there where quality is paramount and they will do anything for that,well thats fine but i have a life a away from my pc and DVD2one has given it back to me,no more unexpected crashes and such.For a lot of people out there this is just the ticket,and to think this is the first version.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I too, used to be hung up on quality, but im tired of
    ripping stripping demuxing remuxing getting sectors
    or forgetting to get sectors changed 4x3 to 16x9 and
    having a streched full screen dvd, anything that will
    cut 6-8 hrs off a project, I would be willing to spend
    a few bucks on...forgot about burning too..

Thats not to even mention about trying to get
    foreign language programs to install, like dvd2dvr...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Here we have people who favour CCE and now people who favour dvd2one.

I personally haven't a pc that can handle the re-encode process, so I would have to spend a@@@loads of dinero JUST to re-encode, I don't think so.

Instead someone outthere has put alot of time/effort into producing an excellent program for us little people who just want the movie.

I think it's great and is just WHAT I require for MY PURPOSE.

Kwag excellent footage, TOTAL AGREEMENT with you.

So which ever way WORKS for you then stick with it, and dont diss something that benefits others
    If tomorrow doesn`t exist where shall we all be the day after tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  8. If this progy is as good as it appears I would suggest purchasing soon as possible, for the MPAA will have a heart attack, and the author will be in litigation soon. You can bank on that!
    The DEAD are alive again!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    nope!!!
    keep getting gateway timeout when clicking the buy tab[/b]
    Quote Quote  
  10. I don't think the mpaa realy can do much with this one. It does not decrypt or rip anything. So say for example I made a home dvd of family videos and it was to large I could then run it through the dvd2one and it would size it. So if they target programs like this then whats next tmpg or cce, ulead, sonic. These are really no different.
    Quote Quote  
  11. dun4cheap.

I agree dont think mpaa will bother cos TOO many of us here.

By the way do u think the person who did dvd2one knows the whizz who cracked the code and have put there noggin's together?

Also r u amazed with it's simplicity, in the respect of have all of us got the wrong idea of the makeup of a dvd?

My question is a little off topic but dvd2one has highlighted it to me.

You know the dvd is made of 'pits' rather than tracks, the spaces being the '1' and pit being the '0' then is it possible to assume there is redundant/unused areas on the disc that is actually looked upon as 'bytes' even though there is no information within?

I am racking my brains out to try and find out what exactly it does as (before) it is JUST TOO simple to be difficult.
    If tomorrow doesn`t exist where shall we all be the day after tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  12. OK here are my results....

Jackie Brown at 2:34, this disc uses multiple angles,
    using dvd2avi previously, i noticed english and french
    credits, so reencoding is gonna kill you...

Used dvd2one,great program, very fast...

Ripped with Smartripper, with the pioneer 105 at 39mins
    Used DVD2One to transcode, at 16 mins
    Ran thru Ifoedit, just to be sure about things 2 mins,
    Burned with Nero 55917 at 1x using Princo whites 1hr.

I must say,playing on the New Sampo 612(n), plays
    flawlessly, searched thru every chapter, no pixilation
    noticed, looks real close to original, on a sony 32" tv.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Curryman, I just checked the buy links at it seems to be functional. Maybe you just having a dns problem.

Yes I am amazed by the simplicity. I have already sent email to the developer asking to be a beta tester. I am looking forward to the future of this product. Especially the option to put 2 movies on one disc, or keep menus and maybe even enabled 2 x vbr...
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by spaceman
    I have had time to look at the test bmp's and there are some points that need raising

1 THE SCENE INVOLVED COULDN'T BE MORE COMPLEX WATER,FLAMES,HIGH MOTION AND A CLOSE UP.

2 WE ARE LOOKING AT THESE TESTS ON OUR MONITOR,YOU AINT GONNA NOTICE THIS SAT IN YOUR ARMCHAIR.

3 $2000 v $50 SO WOULD EXPECT SOME DIFFERENCE
    1. so basically that justifies the crap quality? i dont think so.what is a test if u only feed it "easy" to encode material? not much of a test i think.....it should be able to handle ALL sorts or video, including these kind of scenes

2. that is total nonsense, when u have a good tv set u WILL notice, unless your blind.also if you beam your movies like i do, you will start crying believe me i did, sure if u watch it on a "small" tv it will look great....but when u want to watch it big....you'll get big....macroblocks

3. i think thats a rather weak point, since we all know that noone here actually bought CCE.....anyway sure there can be a difference, i dont mind, but this difference is too big. there should be an option to choose between quality or speed, so people with little time and slow pc's can do it fast and others can choose to go slower and have better quallity, that way you please all users and not just the ones that all of sudden are prepared to sacrifice quality over speed
    Quote Quote  
  15. Since I fall in the camp of "re-encode to one dvdr" I am very happy with this program. I have tried it on three titles (Seven Samurai, KPAX, Hidden Fortress) and the quality is good enough to watch on my 36" TV.

One problem I have with Seven Samurai is that is defaults to the English soundtrack which is the director's commentary. I'd rather it default to the original Japanese soundtrack. Is there an easy way to modify the IFO files after Dvd2One has done it's thing to change the default language track?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Please, someone find something bad to say about this program before I spend E40 on 100K!!!

Regards,

Rob

EDITED - sorry didn't see page 2, but given the shit that TMPGEnc has given me this weekend (30+ crashes/re-boots), I'm tempted to spend.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Toolman2k you can pick holes in this program all day if u want to i mean every program out there has them even CCE, the point is this people can download the trial version for free test and if they like can buy no there is nowt wrong with that is there.

MY TEST WAS FACEOFF 2H 13 MINS ON 32" WIDESCREEN TV

SMARTRIPPER 25MIN
    DVD2ONE 21 MINS
    RECORDMAX NOW x2 29MINS

Played back flawlessly on my dansei 852 and only when i got up close to the screen on a dark scene could i notice apart from the orig.

I can understand if you have a massive screen and top of the range dvd player u don't want to sacrifice anything 4 that but we all havn't got that setup.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Did Signs and The Bourne Identity, approx 35 Min to rip, 16 Min to process with DVD2One, each was about the same in processing time + or - 5 mins, burn with Nero DVD Video, 1 hour, played back with Panasonic RV32, Panasonic LV55 Portable, played back on Sony 61" TV. Nothing short of GREAT! Will be selective on which ones to use due to cost of DVD-R's but well worth it.

Bud
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    this program is awesome... yall can argue about it and those who get this program will have created 5 movies by the time those with out it finnish encoding one movie.

it works..
    Quote Quote  
  20. You can do a Single Pass VBR of a 2Hr 15 Min film in 1hr 45 mins using CCE but dont forget it depends on the system you have,with this prog you can get away with lower specs

The thing I like about CCE is that although it takes longer to encode, you can set the level of encoding, and not only that I can also batch encode, and do 4 or 5 overnight, ready for burning in the morning.

But I dont think the arguement is a DVD2one versus CCE, because the 2 are totally different. DVD2one will only rip a movie it has not got the versatility that CCE has.

You cannot capture your home videos to PC in avi and encode as you can with CCE.
    So really, in the long term, any encoder like CCE or TMPGEnc will always win

DVD20ne is just a easy way, especially if this is a first venture into backing up DVD, to get good results with your new recorder.

CCE has already won and no arguement from me, DVD2one just makes it easy for a newbie to use.

To be honest I cannot tell the difference between my previous CCE encodes and DVD2one, so from now it depends on what sort of DVD I want to produce as to which prog I shall use.

Pothole
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Bought the program for 32 (no problems with the site) and tried it out.

Minority Report 2:18:41hours

Original VOBS = 6.89Gb

'Transcoded' in 16:42min to 4.36Gb

Very difficult to tell the difference between the two on a 28" TV.

Well, IMHO, I think it's worth it if you're going to rip DVDs around the 2 hour mark since I really cannot be arsed to play around and wait for TMPGEnc (bug ridden!) or CCE.
    Someone mentioned the convenience of batch encoding through the night but, let's face it, if you're re-encoding more than one DVD a day, then they're not yours are they?

Full credit to the man who gets us to part with E40 (plus 19% VAT) for 100Kb of program but, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter how big or small the program is - it works!

Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  22. Guest
    good things seem to come in small packages
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I downloaded the demo and tested on SWII. I calculated that the 30 min. clip would be 940MB's after processing and the vob it created was exactly 940MB's. I ran the created vob thru Bitrate Viewer and it reported a 4254 average bitrate. The original vob reported 6751 bitrate. Speed is amazing. Four minutes for my 30 minute test,the program reported 20 minutes for the full conversion. I did an A/B comparison between the DVD2ONE copy and the CCE encoded copy I made and there almost identical. I notice a very,very slight graininess inthe DVD2ONE copy as compared to the CCE copy,but I was looking for differences. I doubt I would ever notice it in normak viewing. I'm amazed,this is one incredible program. I'm sure Jack Valenti and crew will br sueing the author of this program.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Has anyone else noticed that dvd2one shows the encoding as mpeg 1 format according to the ifo?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your probably looking at the menu attribute,the movie attribute shows mpg2.
    Quote Quote  
  26. This product is amazing for what it can do....I was able to test this software and like everybody is saying the speed of this software is great not to mention the quality is good too..I was able to do "We Were Soldiers" the quality of the video is good on the dark scene you can see some degradation but I can live with it, the audio and subtitles are in sync ...this is great stuff really worth the money..with tmpgenc you pretty much pay the same and if your goal is to make a backup copy of your movie, this product is your one stop solution..

just my .02 cents..
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by wulf109
    I'm sure Jack Valenti and crew will br sueing the author of this program.
    No one will be able to sue. The program works on unencrypted DVDs. That's completely legal.

-kwag
    KVCD.Net - Advanced Video Conversion
    http://www.kvcd.net
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it could say its taking a crap on my computer in the text files... the quality is just so good!
    Quote Quote  
  29. DEFINITELY worth the 40 bucks,all i can say....
    just wait for the upgrades,might even be a better
    deal, forget bout all that reencoding crap, save
    ur system from frying also....
    Quote Quote  
  30. I am pretty amaze how people are un-aware of there rights on this forum regarding the copying of copyright material.

International copyright laws allows the copying of copyright material for private usage has long has its made from the original and has long has the copy is not for anything else then personnal usage. That includes the making of copies of borrowed material. Also, copies must be made by the person using them, meaning you cannot make a copy for someone else.

But you dont have to take my word for it, do some researh about it on the net and you will see... key word is "Private Copying"

Canada: (french/english)
    http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/sc_mrksv/cipo/cp/circ15b.pdf
    http://www.cpcc.ca/english/proposedTariff.htm

France: (french)
    http://www.01net.com/article/195431.html

Euro:
    http://www.europemedia.net/shownews.asp?ArticleID=1375
    http://www.europedrm.com/presentations/hansen.pdf

Note that the movie and music industry are fighting those "exceptions" with a vengence, and anything may change at anytime. Also note that in some countries private copying is limited to music only, not dvd's.

I personnaly thinks that what really hurts the insdustry is copy made from other copies or copies made from downloaded material. If people could know that to make it legal, you MUST copy from an original, then lots of people would make the extra efforts to get an original (new, used,borrowed, rent): in all cases, some $$ is making is way to the authors has oppose to downloaded material or copies of copies.
    Quote Quote