VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. I just finished "The Green Mile" ( 3 hour movie )
    The result is:
    I take my hat off to Erwin van den Berg. He has done "magic" with this program 8)
    The complete rip of "The Green Mile" size is 7.24GB. The re-encoded folder (VIDEO_TS) file size through dvd2one is 4.36GB
    It looks just like the original. I selected English audio and english subtitles. I have to say that I have never seen anything like this
    It looks DAMN good on WinDVD. Everything works!. The closed captions, chapters, everything
    My question is: "HOW THE HELL DOES HE RE-ENCODE A COMPLETE DVD IN ~30 MINUTES ( NO X-PASS ) AND WIND UP WITH EXACTLY THE FULL SIZE TARGET TO FIT ON ONE DVD(+-)R ??????
    I wonder how he's doing file size prediction 8)

-kwag
    KVCD.Net - Advanced Video Conversion
    http://www.kvcd.net
    Quote Quote  
  2. Okay if some of u could read from the start I got this to test for us all. I already tried a big movie 143 min. that is over 2 hr. 23 min. That is longer than almost all movies that come out. I have tried it in eight dvd players now and it played flawless. Can not tell any diff from original to the backup. I know some of u can here the grass grow and all that but I am saying for those of u out thier looking for a program that will keep just the main movie and what ever subs, and sound u want this is a great program, the first I have seen that does as it says. I will try titanic today to see what it looks like. If u look up at the start I already put what the data rate it was and changed too. But this is a great program for the guys who just can not understand IFOEdit, which is what I use, but not for all people, some need an easier way. But the speed this thing works at and the resulting quality is too good. I know it is hard to beleive when their are all those scams out thier, but it does. And for the price if u read all the post u will see i put it up thier all ready, $43 US dollars, and that is cheap as hell, who ever said it was alot I think not. for a new guy or an old guy 43 and u make a backup in less than one hour, machine dependant of course, mine is very fast so it takes no time at all. And I burn at 4x (why buy a 4x if u are not going to use it) Forgot It keeps your chapter point also.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Guest
    awesome!!!! I just purchased DVD2one. Its amazing
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by mysterio1
    I dont know about his this program it lowers the bit rate you will have a less quality picture for sure , you might not notice it on a 25" TV set but you will on a big screen TV, which I plan on buying soon, Ill stick with DVDXCOPY.

Well I have to say u are wrong. It is being played on a 61" big screen and I see no problem at all. If u try this u will like it that is for sure, just keep an open mind and try u might just say hell these guys got something good out finally.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I just re-encode the first 30 mins of Asterix, a 1h 45mins. The original vobs are 6.5 gigs.

Since my standalone dvd player wont read DVD-RW, I decided to burn the 30 mins output anyway to try it on a standalone player.

Results is indeed. I have try zooming the movie to 4x. That would be like wathing it on a 62in widescreen TV.

There was no mpeg effects around text. But, I have notice some kind of vibration on low moving, low action sequence that is not on the original DVD at the same zoom in settings. The drawback effect of this looks to be on static scenes. But overall, the movie looks better than my re-encode CCE 2.5 (2 pass VBR) DVD-R of the same movie

I think I might just buy that tiny little 92kb! thingy
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by herbapou

I think I might just buy that tiny little 92kb! thingy
    I did 8).
    Good things come in small packages

-kwag
    Quote Quote  
  7. Experiment:

Tools: DVDdecrypter
    Movie: Oceans11
    Full IFO Rip
    Time:12mins 37sec.
    FileSize:5.78gig

I will be back in a few with the results to the re-encode and time.

Enocde: AC3 5.1 with english subs
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok im convinced to at least buy this product... I tried the evaluation version and even though it just encodes the first 30 minutes it stil calculates the compression rate as though it was encoding the whole movie and i tested it this way...

first i ripped the movie using smart dvd.
    I then encoded using dvd2one.
    I compared the first vob file of the origional ripped vob files to the first vob file of the encoded vob files.
    they were exactly .99 gig ( one gig) .

the origional contained 17 min of the movie.
    the encoded contained 32+ min of the movie!

they look identical to my eyes!

I upset only because i might have to buy this software

by the way... it encoded the 30min vob file in under 5 min and calculated that it could have done the whole movie in 22 min!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This program makes me feel so damn stupid. I can't believe some dude in europe has convinced me to spend 40 dollars on a program thats less than 100 k. And the crazy thing about the whole situation is that the program works. Its so simple and it works... im can't believe it!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Oceans11 Experiment

DVD2One

After 18 minutes
    Encoded: English ac3 5.1 and English Subs
    Time: 16min. 37sec.
    Final File Size: 4.36gig

I am currently burning it on a ritek 2x DVD-R with my sony dru500a with recordnow dx 4.6

Man I can't wait to see more. Where are the updates. It was well worth the $44 so far. By the way I had ripped Back to the future 3 last week and it sat on my hard drive until I figured out a way to reduce the file size. Unfortunately I delete the original IFO. In conclusion I created a new IFO with IFOedit and then put it through the dvd2one. It did not do anything. The files were the same and the original. I suspect that the IFO file has an important part in this process.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I have to ask again ... does anyone really know what transcoding does? Does it drop data per frame? Does it strip the "high bits" of data? How can this app do what it does so quickly?

Anyone?

Anyway, I'm so impressed, I'm off to buy me a copy. I aways support software that I'm impressed with.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Its a good program, but your finished product looks nothing like the original specially compared what I had done on DVD2DVDR, took a 6.8 gig DVD and when played back the copy made by "ONE" I could see crawl in the background, dark scenes looked worse, same scene with DVD2DVDR played back perfect like the original, now I was viewing this on a 36in screen at about 4 feet away, purposely looking for flaws get 8-10 feet back and it looks really good, so I would say if you hate spending 3-4 hours re-encoding, then this is the product for you, oh keep in mind even though it will re-encode in 10-20 minutes, you still need to spend the time to rip - 8-15 minutes and copy the IFO and other TS files from the DVD and make the folders, so your gonna spend about 40 minutes getting this ready to burn and NERO works with this program also as long as you burn using DVD UDF/ISO 1.02 mode.
    I will keep an eye on this and wait and see what upgrades are released in the future.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    thxkid: I agree, could be promising but I'll wait, I plan on getting an big HDTV in the next 6 months or so and don't want to take the chance of my video quality going to heck in a hand basket.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I've just bought this and done 2 full rips, transcodes and burns in the last 2 hours! I must admit that I'm astounded at how good the results are especially considering it's such a small program, and one of the films was Zulu which is 138 minutes long! All it gives is the movie but later releases hope to include menus and extras (free upgrades for anyone purchasing now).

For longer films (3 hours) I'll have to check the quality before deciding to use this rather than spliiting to 2 disks, but as an alternative to re-encoding with CCE or TMPGENC, this is really the business - better results in a fraction of the time!! Well worth £30 in my opinion.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by IvIark
    For longer films (3 hours) I'll have to check the quality before deciding to use this rather than spliiting to 2 disks
    I can tell you that right now. I finished "The Green Mile" (180 minutes) and the result is .
    I can see ONLY on very dark scenes a slight blockiness. And I mean slight. But looking at the original DVD, the same spots also exibit some blocks, although they're barely visible. This was viewewd on my Samsung 32" HDTV at a distance of 3 feet. Overall, the program is impressive. The transcoding being done in this software is a piece of art.

-kwag
    Quote Quote  
  16. Got this fine piece of software Backed up 3 PAL DVD with great results I will try a NTSC later, What have you guys done PAL or NTSC ?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Well I have to add to the praises of this software, how can anything that is only 98k deliver these sort of results, I was impressed with this guys remote selector software, but he must be a genius to code this.
    Well worth the £30 price tag, the real plus is the speed and I cannot tell the differance in quality from original to copy. Whenever I buy a new DVD I usally backup the movie and store my original safely, this makes it so simple and quick, just rip, DVD2one and burn, it recommends on the site not to use Nero but works alright for me.

Pothole.
    Quote Quote  
  18. all u people screaming about this tool...it does NOT even come close to CCE encoded video......i have compared a few movies now and it looks teribble.blocky and blurry.so it is not worth it to buy yet.quality needs to improve first.

check it out yourself:

Original
    http://usuarios.lycos.es/taxidermista/muestra_original.bmp

CCE 2.66@VBR 2 pass@3326 kbps
    http://usuarios.lycos.es/taxidermista/muestra_cce.bmp

DVD2ONE@3208 kbps (BitrateViewer)
    http://usuarios.lycos.es/taxidermista/muestra_dvd2one.bmp

also check this link:

http://www.dvd-svcd-hilfe.de/forum/mb1/dvd2one/dvd2one.htm
    Quote Quote  
  19. DVD2ONE,

Is GREAT. The easiest and quickest way to backup just the main movie. I have found out that most DVD movies have a lot of extra audio and other stuff that keeps it from fitting on 1 CD.

I choose the audio I want the subs I want and in 15-20 minutes I am ready to burn.

There is no sync issues in the subs. I dont have to use subrip maestro and chapter extractor. This in itself makes it worth it to me.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Just bought it, Gonna try it on Jackie Brown, at 2:35mins,
    cause remepeg just blocks out all thru out...will send results
    Quote Quote  
  21. I agree with you toolman2k to some extend.

I bought the program and made several testing. But, my results are not has bad has your example because I didnt try in on 2+ hours movies. Dont forget "Saving Private Ryan" is in the top list of re-encoding nightmares, because of the "report camera" style of the image.

When you used it on movies below 6 gigs, the most noticible effects are on uniforms areas, like sky, walls, skin, ... where blockiness shows a bit. Tthose are already low bitrate scenes and lowering them even more results in more apparents effects. A mistake a re-encoder will never do.

But for a transcoder tool, it is by far the best out there ATM. You can safely use it on movies that require to be reduce by less than 1 gig. You know, the movies that still have an extra 400mb even after stripping everything you could and you had to go through a 5 hours re-encode process and about 2 more hours for re-authoring and subtitles.

TIP:

You can still insert the menus with that tool. Most movies have directors 2channels audiotracks and 2 english audiotracks (well for region 1 DVD). Select one or 2 of them in DVD2ONE. After its done, strip the unwanted audiotracks with IFOEdit. The result will be a set of VOBS with hopefully just the extra space you need to re-insert the VOBS with the original VIDEO_TS files and VTS_01_00 menu VOB (assuming the movie was VTS_01_01,02..).
    Quote Quote  
  22. all u people screaming about this tool...it does NOT even come close to CCE encoded video......i have compared a few movies now and it looks teribble.blocky and blurry.so it is not worth it to buy yet.quality needs to improve first.
    Argh. After looking at those samples of DVD2ONE@3208 kbps , I think I'll stick to my CCE method. Sure it takes longer to reencode, but I don't have to sit and watch it, and I can use my computer for other things at the same time. CCE looks great at 4Mbs.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by toolman2k
    all u people screaming about this tool...it does NOT even come close to CCE encoded video......i have compared a few movies now and it looks teribble.blocky and blurry.so it is not worth it to buy yet.quality needs to improve first.

check it out yourself:

Original

also check this link:

Oh my god, it looks terrible, I think I ll stick to my old method. I'd rather wait 3 hours than having a crappy movie quality
    [-Neoh*-]|[-Cheers-]
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've just completed LOTR using DVDDecrypter, DVD2ONE & RecordNOW.

This is the result:

DVDDecrypter: 35 mins
    DVD2ONE: 25 mins
    RecordNOW 60 mins

Result: EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY
    Quote Quote  
  25. I was pretty excited until I saw the SPR bmps.
    Quote Quote  
  26. This program sounds good but I will take quality over speed anyday of the week, I want to try this program but dont know if I want to plunk down $44 for a test drive.
    Quote Quote  
  27. I wouldn't let those images discourage you to much. I just did the Cast Away dvd and it looks great. I think in a short time this software will probably have 2 pass vbr and even better, the ability to keep menus and other items. This is definately the easiest and quickest solution to date. Plus its really priced right.

DVDDecrypter: 24 min. 23 sec.
    DVD2One: 28 min. 50 sec.
    RecordNow DX: 26 min. 27 sec. 2x Ritek media on my Sony DRU500a
    Total Time: 79 mins and 50 seconds

Bottom line is now we have something with three clicks of the mouse gets us down to one DVD. No demuxing, remuxing, frame serving and best of all it won't take us hours to do.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Wanted to add a few other notes. I ripped the DTS and AC3 5.1 with english sub titles. From what I see with this program is the less audio and sub features you grab the better quality video you will have. So you have the option on where you want to sacrifice. I believe this is also a solution for movies that work that will fit on one disc when you only pull out 1 or 2 audio streams with dvd decrypter. The ifo portion of it seems to produce more reliable files. Devro I am sure has fixxed these bugs but they are not implemented in the ifoedit and probably never will. Kudos to him though. He started a good thing, and has moved on. Everyone has to feed the family and it was a good oportunity for him.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by toolman2k
    all u people screaming about this tool...it does NOT even come close to CCE encoded video......i have compared a few movies now and it looks teribble.blocky and blurry.so it is not worth it to buy yet.quality needs to improve first.

check it out yourself:

Original

also check this link:

Nothing this fast is going to compare to something that takes longer, but if quality is such a big thing than why do u use cce. puting it on two disk with no loss is of couse better than cce, so for everyone that is going buy this example, try it you will see it gives way better results that what u are seeing. When the movie is playing u will not see one diff. from one to the other, unless ofcourse u here the grass grow, I would not want anyone to buy something they do not think is good but , I have let my hole office watch a backup with this because i thought it had to be to good to be true, and not one of the 24 personnel could tell any diff, from one to the other. I do not know how these came out to be so teribble.blocky and blurry. Sometimes just because someone does something diff, we have to say it sucks and make it seem worst than it is. I use IFOEdit and split the disk so I get the exact backup. But with this it gives u the ability to not have to go out and get the fastest CPU to increase speed. So anyway have a nice day.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by Benzima
    I was pretty excited until I saw the SPR bmps.
    I have some suggestions for all of you. Do your own encodes and tests, and don't rely on other people results
    Those screenshots were probably made taking the average bit rate produced from small tests. Do a complete encode of a movie and then compare. Here's my contribution on MY own test after encoding the complete "The Green Mile" with DVD2ONE including full AC3 audio, subtitles, all chapters and Closed Captions:

This is the original frame from the original ripped VOB:

And this is the same frame from the VOB made by DVD2ONE:

Yes, you'll see some macro blocks in this scene, because it's a fast action scene. But on the original, it's blurred too. Do you guys watch a movie in slow motion or pause ??? I don't! So for practical purposes, the movie looks identical during playback. Even on a HDTV.

-kwag
    Quote Quote