VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tony2k
    Hi guys,

thanx for all the useful info above, and the guide, both very helpful. Just a quick question in regards to this overhead that occurs when i have used TMPG to convert a movie. The video and audio files add up to 3.9 gig. But when i add them to ULead MF2 they become 6 gig. The only way round this is if i uncheck the non- complient mpg box. Then the file size goes down to 4gig. I have burned with this setup before and they come out fine. What difference does checking or unchecking the box make to TMPG converted files ( i cant find a visible difference)

Thanx

P.S every time i finish burning a movie on Ulead it says cannot eject disc, i have too shut down the program, and then eject. the dvds work fine though. Any body had this prob????
    I've found DMF2 often waaaay overestimates the file sizes when you use the "replace audio" option, i.e., when you have an MPEG with mpeg audio, and replace the mpeg audio with a WAV file. I'm guessing it's because it's somehow counting BOTH audio streams when it's guessing file sizes? But anyway, I go ahead and have DMF just create the folders (which it says will be 5.2gb) anyway, close it, fire up Nero which tells me the same folders are 3.6gb, and burn the disc with Nero. This would solve your non-ejecting disc problem, too.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi Robert,

thanx for the advice man. Unfortunatly i havnt got nero yet (is it vision express i need?), but i have managed to get it to burn with DMF2.

The playback is pretty jerky. Is there anyway round that? Ive watched the file after TMPG has encoded them, and they playback fine. But once i burn to dvd on DMF2, the playback becomes jerky.

It plays the same on standalone dvd players. Is this a software prob or is it to with the media or burner????

thanx
    Quote Quote  
  3. Pinchas
    You wrote: On Ulead DVD Moviefactory 1 and 2 when I make chapters in the movie and begin to burn it, it multiplexes it and then says "Some chapters entry frame number exceed the total frames." What can I do????

I had the same problem with an MPEG-2 file from PVR-250 that I had edited with nanopeg editor (trim beginning). Redid different ways - same thing. Tried original unedited MPEG-2 file - OK, no problem. Figured the editing caused Chapter point frames to be off actual.

Did a simple multiplex on the same edited MPEG2 file in TMPGEnc. Then used DVD Movie Factory 2, burned no problem
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tony2k
    Hi Robert,

thanx for the advice man. Unfortunatly i havnt got nero yet (is it vision express i need?), but i have managed to get it to burn with DMF2.

The playback is pretty jerky. Is there anyway round that? Ive watched the file after TMPG has encoded them, and they playback fine. But once i burn to dvd on DMF2, the playback becomes jerky.

It plays the same on standalone dvd players. Is this a software prob or is it to with the media or burner????

thanx
    I use plain old Nero, almost-latest version 5.5.10.7b, for burning my DMF projects, with no problems. If you don't have Nero, maybe your burner came with RecordNow or VOB Instant CD+DVD? Either of those will do for burning the VIDEO_TS folder that DMF creates, too.

Sorry to say I haven't got a clue on the jerkiness thing...
    Quote Quote  
  5. I try to do exactly like the guide but the VIDEO_TS folder has no .IFO files in it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Everywhere i have read it says that dmf2 will only convert the audio if the mpeg is compliant. That just does not work for me. I have the do not convert compliant mpegs checked but it always reconverts the audio and video. My original file is at 352x240 44100hz and it always wants to reconvert both. Now if i take the same file and redo the audio with tmpgenc to 48000hz it will not do anyt conversion at all. Does anyone have any suggestions. I always seem to get a sync problem with the tmpgenc solution. And i would much rather let dmf2 do it to solve the sync problem but i dont want to lose quality. Please help if you can this is very frustrating.
    Quote Quote  
  7. does this program work with svcd as well or just vcd?

my svcds seem to be 480x480 and dvdmf2 accepts them but it adds the outputted files up to about 9gb??? when really it is 4 svcds each about 800mb.=====3.2gb roughly?

the only way it will read less is if i uncheck the "do not convert if its compliant" type box and alter the bitrate.
    but then it wants to convert the video.

reading these posts it seems that dvdmf2 is lying to me and when it says it is 9 gb really it is smaller?? is that correct?

gonna leave it converting overnight and see what it comes up with.

cheers
    KYUSS
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Pinchas
    On Ulead DVD Moviefactory 1 and 2 when I make chapters in the movie and begin to burn it, it multiplexes it and then says "Some chapters entry frame number exceed the total frames." What can I do????
    any one know a work round this yet please?

thanks
    KYUSS
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I put a DivX film into Ulead Movie Factory and it was telling me the total size of the disk is over 6gig, How do I shorten it to make it fit onto a DVDR?
    Why are the best things things in life cost the most money?

Who stole the rest of my Signature, Own up, it was you, yeah you, thats it I am gonna come over there and ..........
    Quote Quote  
  10. i cannot open avi. files even though it will let me preview the files, i keep getting the message avi. file not accessible, any ideas what to do
    Quote Quote  
  11. i have just 1 question..............why ALL these authoring programs leave stuff out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ,heres the deal .
    i convert file with tmpgenc ,the source file is 23.976fps ntsc ,so i encode it using the same setting(so i dont get jerky playback) ,put that file into movie factory and it wants to re-convert it ,even though i have turned off re-encoding and set all the project properties to match the video file i have .movie factory wants to re-encode the file to 29.97 and make it the jerkyest film you ever saw .also it estimates the file size at 6 gig when the source file is only just 4 gig . sorry i dont have any real input here ,but dont it drive you all mad too????? ,what DECENT dvd authoring programs are people using ????
    Quote Quote  
  12. volgard,
    I am getting similar setbacks! I only notice this with cartoon avis (anime, southpark). I encode them using CCE Basic (a highly recommended piece of software to buy, only $58) and make sure that the files are top field first and the audio is layer II at 48 khz. DVDMF sizes it correctly (matches the output of CCE), but when I get to the disc burning stage it actually wants to redo the conversion. WTF? The ulead site is pretty useless for this problem, probably since the release is recent. If they could bundle their mpeg encoder with say, CCE, they would have a killer product (if they could fix our bug too!). Anyone have suggestions?

Harsha
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DMF only reports movie duration of approximately 4 minutes for movies I import??? Anyone know whats up with that and how to get it to report the correct movie duration?
    Quote Quote  
  14. I just used ULead and I love it. I love that you can split the files up and edit them. Plus show thumbnails of the chapters and set both background music and background pictures. It's like being an Hollywood film editor. I burn some of my mpeg to dvd with no problems, once I figured out to use the NTSC setting. The dvd I made played just fine in my PS2 using the cheapest DVD-r I could find ($1.00 each). The Sound started to play ahead of it's self after awhile. It takes about 5-6 hours for the whole process to burn about a 4 gig DVD. I do wish there was an est. time left and elapsed counter to see how much longer it would takefor the process to be complete. However I did try an AVI file and it turned out not use good. But in all, a diffent THUMPS UP!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  15. A problem I had was that DNF2 wanted to re-convert the mpeg, even though it was technically a compliant mpeg. The problem ended up being that, although it was a compliant mpeg, it wasn't a compliant dvd file, which is what DMF2 was converting it to.

See, when converting the avi with TMPGenc, I was using the original resolution, because it always worked when doing XSVCDs. However, as I was way too slow to catch onto, if it isn't 720x480, DMF2 is going to re-convert it. Once I realized this, I just converted with TMPG using the 720x480 res, and DMF2 accepted the files whichout so much as a whimper.

Now, I don't have to worry about the widescreen movies being stretched, the re-conversion looking like nerf dung, or anything. I just let DMF do its thing, convert the files to VOBs, and I'm ready to burn.

Pretty effing sweet.
    Sometimes, ya just gotta.....umm, what's the word........FART???
    Quote Quote  
  16. Also, with regards to this overhead, once I corrected the resolution problem in TMPGenc, my overhead problems all went away.
    Sometimes, ya just gotta.....umm, what's the word........FART???
    Quote Quote  
  17. JLR,use tmpgenc to convert the DivX file first. If you use the wizard it will determine the correct size and bitrate for you, just make sure you have the setting for "full screen maintain aspect ratio" option checked. Like someone else said, MF2 will not maintain the correct aspect ratio.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    "some chapter frame number exceed the total frames"

Still no solution to this eh? This tells me that this program has a major flaw since numerous people report it and no one knows what it is or how to fix it.
    Quote Quote  
  19. See my post on 1st page on the chapter frame number exceeds the total frames problem.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Alas, this post was the first thing i looked at before trying and your post was the first thing I tried when it failed--thanks anyways! I encoded the movie in 23.976 with a 3:2 pulldown on playback and I suspect that is the problem--I am going to redo them at just regular 29.970 with no fancy tmpgenc settings--see if that helps.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Im having problems on the writing statges of DVDMF2..it goes through the encoding and multiplexing fine, and then finalises the VOB's but at the stage where it begins to WRITE the DVD-R it says there is not enough space on the DVD to write the movie...WHAT IS UP WITH IT? The movie is 85 Mins, 3.5 GB estimated by DVDMF2 and its a BLANK, BRAND NEW DVD-R with 4.7GB space.......can anybody think of a solution? I've tried many types of DVD-R in my Panasonic Multi DVD and it just wont write 'cos of this error VCDs and so on write brilliantly, but try to write a DVD on a BLANK, fresh-outta-the-packet DVD-R 4.7Gb and it says theres not enough space...even with only 3.5GB of info!
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by simi
    Im having problems on the writing statges of DVDMF2..it goes through the encoding and multiplexing fine, and then finalises the VOB's but at the stage where it begins to WRITE the DVD-R it says there is not enough space on the DVD to write the movie...WHAT IS UP WITH IT? The movie is 85 Mins, 3.5 GB estimated by DVDMF2 and its a BLANK, BRAND NEW DVD-R with 4.7GB space.......can anybody think of a solution? I've tried many types of DVD-R in my Panasonic Multi DVD and it just wont write 'cos of this error VCDs and so on write brilliantly, but try to write a DVD on a BLANK, fresh-outta-the-packet DVD-R 4.7Gb and it says theres not enough space...even with only 3.5GB of info!
    I've had a somewhat similar problem with DMF waaaaay overestimating the amount of disc space (in my case, hard drive space too) a project needs when I use the "replace audio" option.

I work around that issue by having DMF just create the folders (which DMF says will require 5.1gb), then burn the disc with Nero, which tells me those exact same folders are 3.6gb.

While my problem's not exactly the same as yours, I think using Nero (or RecordNow, or whatever other program) to do the burning, might fix it for ya.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Problems with screen aspect ratio

Eventhough the settings in the project are correct, all my 4:3 PAL-DVDs Authored with DVD-MF2 are clipped (panned) to a wrong aspect ratio.

After literally hours of research, found out that this was NOT program specific for DVD-MF2. Its something the pros call "TV overscan" and apparently an industry standard on all retail TVs. 7-9% of picture (the margin) is hidden behind the frame.

In fact there are a lot of postings on this issue in many other fora. A FAQ should be written to explain overscan and step-by-step how to deal with it.
    Quote Quote  
  24. When i am using ulead dvd movie factory 2.0 it converts my mpeg , avi divx files with no problem, but it creats frame skipping on my dvd movie . How can i stop this ??? does anywone else have this problem???
    Quote Quote  
  25. "some chapter frame number exceed the total frames"
    Well - I have scanned through and read every message I have found about this problem and have done every test I can think of. As I am new to the DVD+R world am far from new to encoding-framerate-etc...

Have been doing many tests myself to narrow down problem to find solution and here's what I have come up with (unfortunately still with no solution )

It seems to only happen with files that are 23.97 in original form. I read a post in another forum that will help me explain this. When the are encoded to NTSC form for the DVD they are done at 29.97 fps. Even if you run it through TMPG settings for DVD encoding - The file will be at 29.97 which means we are losing 6 frames per second as far as tagging is concerned which ultimately makes the movie look to Ulead as if it is 20% shorter than it actually is. So when you try and put a chapter towards the end of the movie where that 20% of film is - the tagging says there is nothing there and cannot continue. (My tech terms are put in lamens form)

I have succesfully converted a 23.97 -> 29.97 SVCD and then authored it but comes slightly jittery which is no good at all. Unfortunately my DVD will not play PAL so I am so far limited to only being able to convert files that are done originally in 29.97 fps which really sucks since most I d/l are 23.97.

The part that really bugs me is that after converting the file in TMPG from 23.97->29.97 - The file plays flawless - but when authored gets jumpy in certain spots enough to piss me off (well 1 jump would piss me off so that's not saying much) so somehow the tagging is affecting the authoring????

Some more comments or suggestions are requested on this subject cuz I am approaching wits end - easier to go rent the darn thing at this point!!
    (But what fun is that???)

Thanks for ranting time - Dopey
    Quote Quote  
  26. Hi,
    I have downloaded DD & DTS trailers from http://www.cinenow.com/us/vobtrailer.php3 . No I would like to burn them to dvd-R/-RW so that I can play them in my dvd-player (Pioneer DV-444). I tried to do this with Ulead DVD movie factory 2, but I didn't succeed. The trailers are in .vob -format and according to my knowledge that is the original dvd format, or is it? Ulead software does not recognize the vob-files, so should I convert them to some other format? Doesn't that make the quality worse?

In Ulead DVD movie factory 2 I took "start project" and then "add video" or "import dvd video". Neither of them worked. Is there something wrong with the settings or something else? Could someone help me with this, I really would like to have those trailer's to be playable in dvd-player?

Thank you!

-J-
    Quote Quote  
  27. neone know how 2 fix sound sync?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Hi,
    I'm having the following problem:
    I've created a m2v file (mpg2 video file) with tmpgenc (following the guide on this website).
    After that I've created a wav file (with media studio pro) which i then want to add to the dvd by using the 'replace audio' option.
    The preview window you get to see right before the output screen shows the dvd perfectly with sound. After outputting it (either to dvd or dvdfolders) there's no sound at all (on both my pc and standalone dvd player). The audio directory is empty.

Any clues?
    Quote Quote  
  29. fromholland: I have the same problem. Here is a quick way of checking: Let MF2 create the folders, and then use Ifoedit to check the settings of the created files.
    You will see, that there is no audio listed.

I am testing since a few days, and i feel that MF2 simply does not do what it should do with my source-files.
    See discussion in forum "DVD Authoring" - "DV to DVD, no audio on standalone player".

1. If i encode with TMPGEnc (having one file with video and audio in), then i have both streams in MPEG. If i use this as input and create an output-folder, then Ifoedit tells me that i have MPEG-Audio in. My Toshiba-DVD-Player does not play sound with that, since i have "bitstream" in my setup for getting dolby-digital... if i set to PCM, then i can hear the audio.

2. If i uncheck the "Do not convert compliant MPEG files", and set audio to PCM, then MF2 will reconvert everything, and at the end Ifoedit tells me that i have PCM-coded audio in. But my problem is here, that MF2 really reconverts everything, audio and video.

3. If i use "replace audio" and use a pcm-coded wav-file as input, and have checked the "Do not convert compliant MPEG files", then i have no audio at all. (But my wav-file has 192kb/sec, i do not know if this makes i difference).

4. If i do the same with unchecked "Do not convert compliant MPEG files", then MF2 starts to reconvert video again... i did not wait what the outcome would be, but i would guess there will be PCM-audio in at the end.

So i am having really trouble with using MF2 only for authoring, and not for converting.
    I would like to convert my sources with different tools, and at the end MF2 should use that. That simply does not work for me.
    To get audio, i have to uncheck the "Do not convert compliant MPEG files", but then MF2 will always reconvert everything, what i do not want. (Even if i set all settings for audio and video to the same settings the sources have).

Tried TMPGenc-DVD-Author yesterday..... that one simply takes my sources, does no new conversion, and gives me a full working dvd-disc.
    Quote Quote