VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm using WinXP SP-1 and when i try to play a particular movie i get this message: "ClassFactory Cannot Supply Requested Class" and doesn't play the movie.

All other movies i try to play (DivX or mpg) play perfectly.

Curious thing is that i have a dual boot system WinXP/Win98 and under Win98 it plays well.

I have the same codecs installed under both systems: DivX 5.0.2, Xvid, AC3 codec etc.

What do you think this could be? How can i solve it?

Thanx a lot.
    Quote Quote  
  2. was searching for this problem but i didn't find any answers.

i have the same problem as Liru and i'm running winxp pro. how can we fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  3. i also played it on divx player. media player is a bit more prone to this classfactory problem
    Quote Quote  
  4. I am also getting this `class reqest` message, on some mpg`s.
    And i`ve only started getting them in the last few weeks, i still run win98, so it`s not an xp problem.
    Quote Quote  
  5. You have to install "ACE Mega codecs pack". It is the best combo-codec and it works.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I also seem to be receiving this same error just recently when trying to playback some .AVI files that I downloaded. I have never had this problem before when playing any .AVI file.

I used GSPOT to check the file and it says I have like 5 compatible codecs installed.

I installed the ACE MEGA CODECS PACK as you suggested .....lancelot... Even after installing the codec pack it still gave the same error.....??????

Any advice on my problem????

Thanks!
    Want to test a Mans character? Give him Power!
    Quote Quote