VideoHelp Forum

Poll: How old are you (no lying now)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I must be youngest, 13
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm 64 on the 17th of May (we write the date differant to you Americans) so send me a card.
    "Whenever I need to "get away,'' I just get away in my mind. I go to my imaginary spot, where the beach is perfect and the water is perfect and the weather is perfect. The only bad thing there are the flies. They're terrible!" Jack Handey
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I remember playing pong as a kid, and using the first Apple and playing with an Intel 8088. I still remember the old DOS commands (used them for 10 years or so).

My funniest memory has got to be when I first got a NEC 286. Man, was that thing fast! It had an amazing 640K of RAM, a big 40meg HD, and a 1.2meg floppy drive, not just a 360k drive. And Windows 1.0 and the Microsoft Mouse 1.0. WOW! We could do anything back then. The cases back then were also extremely large and heavy.

...and to think my newest computer has more power when it max'd out (the remainder of unused CPU) and the entire contents of the 286 can fit on a thumb drive. I think I have that old HD backed up on a zip disk somewhere.

I'm real funny about telling age, but I'm in the 25-35 bracket. (I like to keep some privacy online.)
    I'm not online anymore. Ask BALDRICK, LORDSMURF or SATSTORM for help. PM's are ignored.
    Quote Quote  
  4. 61 on U.S. income tax day (Daddy's little deduction).

Can't cut the mustard anymore, but I can still lick the jar.
    Quote Quote  
  5. 39 here...

And getting older each day..............
    Some Day I will…..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I believe I top you all for the oldest. Served time in Japan and Hawaii in the 50s ..... got out of the service when I was 19. Watched Elvis come and go ... in fact, watched a lot of them come and go. My first computer cost $2,400, had no hard drive, 16K of memory, a 120KB 5" floppy disk, a green monitor, and I bought it with IBM employee deductions for 3 years. I once programmed in Basic for 2 days and then we had a power failure. I didn't think about saving or backing up until then. It's hard to believe the phenomenal evolution of the information age ..... and the usefulness of computers ........ ok, I'm stalling .... I'm 66
    "No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms." - THOMAS JEFFERSON .. 1776
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    His name was MackemX

What kind of a man are you? The guy is unconscious in a coma and you don't have the guts to kiss his girlfriend?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Funny how everyone is tying there Age to the first computer/s

Anyway me is....

So glorious to be mature,
    But it's a way of life for some,
    Happy face, Juvenile,
    I wanna stay forever young,

:P 8)
    I Have Always Been Here

Toshiba Regza 37Z3030D, Toshiba HD XE1 + EP-10 ( Both Multiregioned), Samsung BD-P1500 Blu Ray. OPPO DV-983H
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  10. Let's do some math:
    I try to look as a 18 yrs old. I dress like I was 22, I play sports like I was still 25, I still work hard as in mid 30's.
    My real age: the sum of the above
    ktnwin - PATIENCE
    Quote Quote  
  11. 46 yrs young
    first home computer Comodore 64 then on to the XT skipped the 286 then on to the 386 , skipped the 486 and now Pentium until Intel comes out with a new one.

first Computer I used was an Apple in College gave me enough headaches to never touch one again.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    ktnwin,
    Are you 65 or 95 plus. Do we deduct the still workin' part and just add up the above? Any how, fun, ain't it? 58+, here and can't wait to retire. Too damn many things work interferes with. Grands, golf, computers, woodworking. Deduct 10 hours for work, travel to-from, not enough hours left.
    Second post. If that's a no-no, sorry. Least I didn't vote twice. Wait, there's no vote here, is there? I'm safe.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Hey, any of you 30's+ people ever buy a Sinclare ZX81 Kit?

Man, that was loads of fun. I've still got mine!
    Just what is this reality thing anyway?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by stormcrow
    21, that beautiful, golden age.

Hey..."It don't get dirty, till ya hit thirty".

Course for me that was 20 yrs. ago. Hmmmm.
    Geronimo
    Quote Quote  
  15. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Soul sucking suburbia! But a different part since I last logged on.
    Search Comp PM
    Whoa, so many ST users -snif- .... good times, good times.. remember the first time you ever heard a soundtrackered game and swore you could never go back to plain chiptunes (but always did..)? first time you saw a true 3d game, with all those glorious unshaded or flat pseudo-shaded polys? your first 512 colours pic?

Got that one as a sort-of end of 3rd (4th?) grade present for doing well, after coveting a teacher's 800XL ... i think at the time, the secondhand 1985 model with a hundred or so floppies and a couplathree accessories cost so much that the caravan was sold to make cash (quite some present, now i think of it! no wonder i'm compelled to hang on)

The zx81, quite an amazing little thing to think of it (i've never had one, BUT - I ran a zx81 emulator a good few time... at 150% real speed, on a 12mhz, amberscreen 286! ) despite having the built quality of a contemporary fiat or rover. Had a spectrum for a few weeks just before starting school so the computings in the blood now, even if the programmings not got any better in fifteen or so years.
    (Never did quite crack those graphic and sound handling routines, even in STOS - guess i'm just cursed)

PS dcsos, you old bitsoak, what IS that avatar? I cant quite make out the text, driving me mad, i just know it's some classic album cover that will prompt a flurry of self kicking if you reveal it..
    -= She sez there's ants in the carpet, dirty little monsters! =-
    Back after a long time away, mainly because I now need to start making up vidcapped DVDRs for work and I haven't a clue where to start any more!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am feeling old, I'll be 50 next month.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm 15
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by i_am_dave
    Hey, any of you 30's+ people ever buy a Sinclare ZX81 Kit?

Man, that was loads of fun. I've still got mine!
    32 here (I look like 25, feel like 40)

I`ve had
    Sinclair ZX81
    Sinclair ZX Spectrum with microdrive
    Commodore 64
    Commodore plus 4
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    53 here
    When I was born, the Dead Sea wasn't even sick yet. You guys don't what a computer is untill you worked with a Control Data 160 (circa 1957). Couldn't do much with video but it sure had a mean paper tape punch...
    Quote Quote  
  20. Everyone says I look like I am in my mid 20's but I am 37.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    48 years in August......

Intresting hobby

regards
    Jim
    Quote Quote  
  22. 38 here

(maybe the 4th man reporting 38 )

cheers !!!
    Best wishes,
    UP
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    "Only Users Lose Drugs"
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    my age doesn't seem to be on the poll. I'm not under 16 and I'm not 17 yet .
    Quote Quote  
  25. I guess I am one of the youngest members here, I am 14 years of age.
    Quote Quote  
  26. I will be 17 in month. I encoded my first vcd and burnt it with my brand spanking new 8x4x32x cd burner when i was 13 and am still goin strong!
    Quote Quote  
  27. I'm 15 right here. I know more than my whole family about vid editing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm 20 today!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    happy birthday. where's the party?
    His name was MackemX

What kind of a man are you? The guy is unconscious in a coma and you don't have the guts to kiss his girlfriend?
    Quote Quote