VideoHelp Forum

Poll: How old are you (no lying now)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. you put 17 and 25 in the same category? What in the world?
    Quote Quote  
  2. 31 Years, started when I was 11 with my Atari 800 man its been a cool ride. Gotta love technology.

Now back to Dragonslair 3d hehe
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM

Older than most of you young sprites.

No yet 60!

JD tinkerer pushin' 60,

A real Life Enemy of the State, see Fed case #01-40080, Detroit.

Computers, Electronics, vintage Audio, Photography Film/digital/3D, N-Scale RR, ,

AKA the "Infamouse Joe Walker" ,Join the Navy & see (1/2) the world.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Just turned 49 a few weeks back. I can even remember where I was when JFK was shot.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was 3 when JFK was shot.
    May the force be with you.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Wow... so far I'm the oldest in terms of date joined...
    Quote Quote  
  7. =Edited=
    Last edited by pacmania_2001; 14th Nov 2010 at 19:26.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    22 years young here.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I thought I was an old man just lurking, even tho I have asked a couple ???s and gotten more help than I expected.
    kenmo, I don't know if you can, at the age of 9 then, remember the JFK assassination. I can. I was at Great Lakes Naval TS, at the age of 18.
    Most of you guys are really young, and very, very sharp. I think it's hard to ask a ? on this site that some one can't get you an answer to. It is about as good a site as I have found.
    I am having some trouble converting my own DVDs to VCDs, mostly because I've tried, and DL'd about every program I've been pointed to, run it, gotten a good result, said the proverbial "Eureka" and forgotten which daggone program I just used. Oy!! That must be a result of age. Hell, I even forgot the name of the guy up above on this list who admits to being 60, or pret' near.
    Regardless, I will keep coming back here, because you guys are about the most helpful that there are on this particular subject.
    On another subject, actually the same one, I can make a VCD, play it on my cheap Apex 1201, take it to my daughter's house and "No Disk" on her Samsung, which cost more than twice what mine cost. I know the price, because I gifted her with it. What's up?
    This is getting too long. I'll try an addendum in a new post, mebbe pick up at a near point.
    George
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Hey,
    AREALGIJOE might really be pushing 60, but bertmartin probably is pushin' 65, with a PIII500. I've got older 'puters running, but am all the way up to 2000XP+ or whatever they call them as well as an 1800 Athlon, a 1200 Athlon, a 1200 Duron, and a bunch of others 350 meg and down.
    Today, I have 4 'puters netted with a cable modem, 2 monitors, KVM switch for 3 in the other room ( which sucks, because the damn thing will not make the KB contacts every time, no control, so I, stupidly, reboot, then find that the switch didn''t make the KB work. I guess it's better than having 3 monitors staring at me.
    Who can tell me what is the simplest method of converting a DVD to0 a VCD, or even a SVCD. I don't know if my Apex 1201 will play a SVCD, but will find out. If it doesn't, no big deal. This wouldn't be the first few hours that didn't produce.
    By the way, I didn't get interested in computers till the VIC 20 came out, I got mine in 80 or 81, I forget, my daughter was 4 or 5, mebbe 6, and does anyone remember Gorf? Fantastic!!! I gotta hook that thing up and see if the grandkids like it, considering they play with PS2s.
    As far as the age ? goes,58 come Wednesday. And, since I'm from PA, I guess I can say I'm older than most of "yunz".
    Keep posting, I'll keep reading, and learning.
    George
    Quote Quote  
  11. 35!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    26 here...looks like I'm just about the median age for users of this site.
    what are you askin' me for...
    I'm an idiot!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    47 years old here, San Antonio, Texas area.

Hang out here and at doom9.org.

I initially wanted to learn how to "backup" dvd's and now have become intrested in video.

First "hobby" I have ever had in my life, well I guess I had to know a little about computers first.

regards
    Jim
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    30 years of age and using computers for the past 20 years or so.

Acorn Electron
    BBC Micro
    Atari ST
    Pentium I 133
    Pentium I 233
    Pentium III 700
    and then my current PC
    Quote Quote  
  15. 23, but i expect to be 103 when I master all I need to know about DVD ripping
    I dunno...it might work
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by rhegedus
    30 years of age and using computers for the past 20 years or so.

Acorn Electron
    BBC Micro
    Atari ST
    Pentium I 133
    Pentium I 233
    Pentium III 700
    and then my current PC
    Ah, the old Acorn Electron. I remember telling my mum I definately needed one of these for my computer studies at school. Did you ever play Yee Ah Kung Fu on it ?, great fun.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Craig Tucker
    Ah, the old Acorn Electron. I remember telling my mum I definately needed one of these for my computer studies at school. Did you ever play Yee Ah Kung Fu on it ?, great fun.
    That was my excuse too! But my computer studies were based on Elite, Chuckie Egg, Combat Lynx, Repton and other classics.

Anyone know of a decent BBC emulator.......

Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  18. Elite, could never get the hang of that game. Just flying around in space then crashing while trying to dock.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hey "gmatov" My PIII-500 never drops a frame! A little slow on the encoding though. I build a new one every few years but the upgrade cycle is getting shorter all the time. I'm looking at new motherboard possibilities. I like being just behind the price break on processors.

Looks like i'm the old man so far!!! You know I don't feel old and am lucky enough to be from a family of long living ancestors. Maybe trying to keep up with you guys is keeping me young.
    PIV-2.4G ASUS MB, 1G Mem, WinXP
    Quote Quote  
  20. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM

Originally Posted by huiwinsun
    Wow... so far I'm the oldest in terms of date joined...
    No, I'm the oldest...I beat you with 18 days!!!! ...it was the date when I started with the phpbb forum I think...we used another forum before that.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by Baldrick
    No, I'm the oldest...I beat you with 18 days!!!! ...it was the date when I started with the phpbb forum I think...we used another forum before that.
    Ha! Administrators don't count

I've been here for quite a long time but my posts are few and far between than most members. That's bcos I'm only into photo vcd and most of the answers are already in the forum somewhere if we try hard enough...

So eh, Baldrick... isn't these years of loyalty enough to upgrade me from Member to... say "Senior Member"...?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by huiwinsun
    So eh, Baldrick... isn't these years of loyalty enough to upgrade me from Member to... say "Senior Member"...?
    why don't you just upgrade yourself?
    what are you askin' me for...
    I'm an idiot!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by BZ`
    I've gotta be the youngest here - 14, started when I was 12.
    I started when i was 12 also and now I am 14! But, I have to be the youngest active member, with over 300 posts...
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just turned 23
    Quote Quote  
  25. A very young mind into a 39 years old body
    Quote Quote  
  26. My one click solution to copying DVD's to DVD( -/+ )R/RW - Click Here

Can DVDXcopy cram a dual layer onto 1 DVD-R?

BTW, 33
    Quote Quote  
  27. I'm so old, rocks call me "sir".
    As Churchill famously predicted when Chamberlain returned from Munich proclaiming peace in his time: "You were given the choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war."
    Quote Quote