VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hmm, I'm new to DVD Maestro, I have been using IfoEdit to do all of my authoring but now I have a nice little intro I made that I would like to start adding to my DVD's...... problem is IfoEdit doesn't allow more than one video when it authors, so I switched to using DVD Maestro.....

Problem is, when I use it..... after a few minutes, or always anytime I try to import my chapter list it hangs..... completely hangs Windows and I have to restart??? Any ideas?

This is on a 1.4Gig T-bird in an Abit Kg7 Raid ...... 384Megs Crucial DDR.... Windows XP PRO with SP1....
    Quote Quote  
  2. I noticed that it locks up when u try to add chapters to ntsc films, but works ok with pal
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hmm, I don't have any PAL vids here.... everything is NTSC. It also "as I stated briefly" locks up or causes weird image problems in windows after just being open for a time limit of say about five minutes or more......

It's like it slowly causes Windows to become corrupt, the icons will start missing, text in Windows explorer will start missing??? When I go to shut it down the Shutdown box is clear, all you can see are the buttons??? Just really weird things. But it only does this when I usse Maestro.......

What OS are you using?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    well i would say first to make sure the dongle is properly plugged in - but i doubt that is your problem ..

make sure you are using the latest last version and it runs fine on XP , i am using a legal copy of it on XP machine with no problems.

i suppose you could try NT4 compatability setting for it in XP ..
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by BJ_M
    well i would say first to make sure the dongle is properly plugged in - but i doubt that is your problem ..

make sure you are using the latest last version and it runs fine on XP , i am using a legal copy of it on XP machine with no problems.

i suppose you could try NT4 compatability setting for it in XP ..
    Yeah I don't think it's the dongle either! But I'm not sure what the newest version is??/ The version I have is: 2.9.2915a

I will try the NT4 compatability, I have only tryed 2K compatability at this point.... I also have Cinemaster 2000 Dvd Player installed for it, you don't think that could be causing any problems do you???
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    no -- the cinemaster 2000 player works ok with maestro in XP as is (though otherwise its not a great product) ..

the version you are using is the latest common available version.

did you try to re-install it ?

it really has no issues at all with XP otherwise.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I got it! Turns out just a few hours later my whole XP install went freaking nuts. I must have had some corrupt system files. I did a repair install and now it is running just fine!!! I have completed my first movie with it but nw I'm having the same subtitle sync problems as stated here: http://www.vcdhelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=136562&sid=b7fab62b2852f146c14b337a91071b7f

If I can just get this part figured out I will be very happy with this method......
    Quote Quote