VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just purchased a Pioneer A-05.
    I was thinking I could just put my divx,xvid,svcd onto the DVD-R, burn, and watch on a DVD Player.
    Could someone please help me with burning these type of discs.
    I tried to convert my avis with TMPGEnc, but at the confirm window, it says the output file will be 7GB.

Do I have to convert these files to dvd or something, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. First I would suggest reading the guides, i.e., avi to dvdr. But the quick answer is yes you will have to convert and author the dvd. You will need SpruceUp or DVDMaestro or some other authoring program to get your VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS files which is what you eventually burn.
    Quote Quote  
  3. On this site u have all the info u need. You have to recompress the video into mpeg2 stream. Then use an authoring program to make the files and burn the disk, most will do both some will just let u make the folders u drag into your burn program. If I were u Tmpeg is easy to use and Virtualdub with it should handel about anything u need. two easy programs to convert files to the needed format. Then use the authoring program that cam with your drive, Mydvd is really basic but start off simple and use only RW media until u get it down then switch to more advanced setting and better authoring program and u will be successful. Hope this helps.
    Quote Quote