VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have captured some video in mpeg2 format and authored with MyDVD. The author wasn't that great, some choppiness and green blocks. I use Ifoedit to back-up my DVD's but I wasn't sure if you could use it to auther mpeg2. If so, could someone start me in the right direction???

Many thanks in advance....

-HILIKUS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    authoring doesnt cause choppiness and green blocks -- unless you re-encoded your material ...
    Quote Quote  
  3. I captured straight into mpeg2 w/ power vcr 2. However when I watched the original capture with WMP I don't see the choppiness or the green blocks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Demultiplex your mpg with Tmpeg Mpeg tools into it's elementary m2v and audio streams. You can use Ifoedit 95 to author these files into a DVD layout. MyDVD will re-encode your audio to PCM which consume a great deal of file space. It may also be re-encodeing your video,which may account for the green blocks.
    Quote Quote  
  5. ive used tmpgenc for many a vcd but never for demultiplexing mp2. can you give me a little info on how i might go about this?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Open Tmpeg and in the file menu select Mpeg Tools. It will open,select the file tab Demultiplex,not Simple Demultiplex. Navigate to your mpg and open it. Mpeg Tools will load your mpg and give you information about the video and audio streams. Bitrate,frame size. Double click the video line and it will create the elementary video stream,should be an m2v. Double click the audio line it will give you a file name with extension,what kind of audio stream does it report?
    Quote Quote  
  7. .mp2 is the audio it wants to save to...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Mp2 is good,it's a compressed format compliant with VCD,SVCD,and DVD. Just change the file extension from mp2 to mpa,it will be more compatible with authorware as an mpa.
    Quote Quote