VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm just asking those guys out there who have knowledge about the 105, l have already the 104 which burns perfectly for me using my Verbatim dvd-r for movies etc. l will be buying four 105's to work as hardware in a stack l know they burn at 4 speed etc and media is an issue as we seach for compatability, however l will only need to burn at 2 speed using Verbatim's are the 105's set up ok to run or is there firmware needed for them to operate or will l be able to just carry on with my proven format from the 104?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I just got mine in and as soon as I get some verbatims in I will let u know. only ? is why upgrade to 105 if u will only burn at 2X. If u wait price of the burners and the media will go down and all the issues of compatibility should be worked out.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    they will work fine
    Quote Quote  
  4. BJ_M nice to hear from you, and your simple reply gives me the confidence to go ahead and buy knowing that l won't have a problem.
    Gandyman, thanks for your reply l need to gain additional writers and the pioneer 105 is the latest and is a great improvement on (paper) than it's 104. The reasons of fasting burning a smarter laser etc is why l will get them, l need to buy four more drives anyway so l will opt for these and so long as they will burn at two speed at present with my Verbatims then fine no big problems for me l will be more than happy. Clearly they will offer the ability to burn faster with 4 speed media which l shall sit back and wait until they get right............Basically to sum it up l'll wait for Verbatim to release there 4x Media then l should be O.K
    Quote Quote