VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I AM TOTALLY LOST!! SO MANY BRANDS SO MANY DIFFERENTS STUFF TO LOOK AT!! and i don't even know if this is the place to post this.. lol.. neway..

i was told that u shouldn't mix brands on a system (with system i mean the TV, VCR, DVD, SPEAKERS and the AV (even though i am not sure that's all u need)).. I was thinking of buying all from SONY,, but i want it to be able to play DVD's from any region.. and i heard that SONY's DVD's can't do that...

so now that u see that I am LOST! and have no idea what to look in a system like the one i want to buy.. could u suggest ANYTHIGN!?!?! even a better place to post this??

btw I live in Europe.. PAL system.. if that matters.. and price shouldn't be a worry.. i wanna buy a GOOD system,, not top notch, but surelly NOT the cheapest possible.. I WANT SOME QUALITY!

well tks for any help! if u prefer to email me, feel free!
    whiskieman@hotmail.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: whiskieman on 2001-07-05 10:06:23 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Buddy, for home stereos, cheap and quality aren't synonymous. For a beginner system (if you're somewhat an enthusiast), I'd suggest Denon. IMO, those are of acceptable quality. Of course, it's VERY subjective.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.avsforum.com

Ask the same question there and you'll get some really great answers!
    Magnus Jensen

A.K.A Geezus
    Quote Quote  
  4. To limit your choices, look for ProLogic II capable receivers. I got my Onkyo 595 for ~$400.

slobbie
    Quote Quote