VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,
    Had a quick look through the forum but didnt find much in the way of solving things. I just downloaded the latest version and did a full install, but whenever I try to run the program it gets as far as popping up a single message saying:

'CDRDAO is disabled by default, as I am not sure it will work with your ASPI drivers, go to the 'Settings' page to enable it'.

The program then crashes with the default Windows XP error reporting message. I have run the ForceASPI bat file which reports that everything was installed correctly, but to the same effect - it still crashed but no ASPI error message came up any more.

Any ideas? I've heard good things about this software, I want to try it out!

Thanks,
    - Tom
    'Love is Hate. War is Peace. Windows is stable.'
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm experiencing the same problem on my Windows 2000 install. I'm using Windows Media Player 9, and VCDeasy crashes just after the "CDRDAO is disabled..." message. This crash occurs with BOTH VCDeasy 1.1.3 and 1.1.4b7.

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any more suggestions anyone? You could at least put us out of our misery and just tell us it wont work....
    I'm looking for a program as powerful but as easy as VCDEasy and cos about 75% of the guides on the site point to it I only want it more

- Tom
    'Love is Hate. War is Peace. Windows is stable.'
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can't tell you why it doesn't work for you, but I've run VCDEasy 1.1.3 in Windows 2000 with no problems at all. I think I do remember hearing about some people having problems after they installed a new version of Windows Media Player, though. It's probably related to VCDEasy's ability to play movies in the chapter setup screen. I think that feature was added in 1.1.3, you might try 1.1.2 and see if it still crashes in the same place.
    Quote Quote