VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. When this version came out I was one of the first to post and comment on how good I thought it was. Nero corrected the bug on certain DVD+ 2.4x Media which would not allow the session to close. But after burning a few DVD+R's with this Software, I have found that there are a ton of problems, compatibility issues, etc. I am using Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R's and had not had a problem until I started using the newest version of Nero 5.5.10. First I noticed that I could no longer burn in DVD VIDEO mode like I had done in the past. I would get an "error" on my standalone player. I know other people have posted about this and that burning in UDF mode should work..etc..etc...but I had NEVER had a problem with DVD VIDEO mode prior to the newest version of Nero. Anyway, I started using UDF mode 1.02 and things seemed to be working smoothly again.....until I noticed that as I started browsing through my burned disk, I Noticed that ALL of the chapters seemed to play great until the VERY LAST CHAPTER, (where in BOTH my standalone and DVD ROM,) the Last chapter would just skip and freeze. This happened with three different movies. I figured after the first time, it must of just been a bad disk or something, because when I tested Nero on my Sony DVD+RW, every chapter, including the last played flawlessly. But when I burned it on a VERBATIM DVD+R 2.4x disk, the last chapter would just freeze. I used RecordNowMax and whoala! Perfect! No skipping, no freezing, no problems...PERIOD! As far as i'm concerned...I've got that Screw Nero Mentality, and I've just deleted it from my system. There are too many problems with this software when it comes to burning DVD's. How the hell can I burn in DVD VIDEO MODE with prior versions, and now all of a sudden with some bullshit upgrade I get coasters! Just like the closing session never occured with the 5.5.9.17 version but it did with the succeeding version of 5.5.9.17.1. Nero's upgrades are worse then Viruses! You can't assume you should upgrade because it's better, because in most cases it will make things worse. I've just given two great examples. I don't really like the Interface of RecordNowMax, but who cares....I have never had a SINGLE COASTER with that program and I am going to use RECORDNOWMAX for every single DVD-R/+R I burn in the future, unless a newer version of Nero can somehow clear all of these problems up and then some. As far as CD'S go...I have never had a problem with Nero with CD'S...only DVD'S...and that software has cost me too many coasters. SO PEOPLE.....BEWARE! IF you are using the latest version of NERO..and you just scanned through your burned disk...make sure you watch a little of each chapter and ESPECIALLY that last chapter...because there are yet again more bugs with Nero!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Good Lord man, I hope no one gives you a gun anytime soon... I can understand your frustration however I cannot share your feelings towards nero... I think Nero is the BEST burning software available... PERIOD. I have upgraded to 5.5.10 and have burned 8 flawless DVDs so far. With version 5.5.9.17, the only problem I ever had was doing a DVD copy with a DVD+R but other than that it worked great. I don't understand why everyone is having so much trouble with this new version.. I record in DVD_Video mode ALL the time and my DVDs work flawlessly in both my Sony DRU500A and my Sony DVP-NS715P stand alone player. I use Ritek and Maxell DVD media and have NEVER burned a coaster.

I figured with all the Nero bashing going on... someone should say something positive about it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I had similar problems with Nero so I dumped it.I installed Veritas RecordNow Max and it works like a champ,no more coasters!
    Quote Quote  
  4. When I bought a TDK 32X CDRW driver 10 months ago, I got a very nice utility,
    Nero wave editor, with the software. It works great. A week ago, I bought another
    Cendyne 48X CDRW driver with a newer version Nero software, the utility no longer
    works as its older one. I did a search on Google and found several people have
    the same problem. I tried to install the older version of Nero first, then instanll the
    new one. Each time the new version just removes everything from the older version.
    I simply can not keep the older one.

Software like this is a joke. What else can I say. I guess probably I got both
    with the CDRW drivers, so that I got them cheap anyway. If I got something
    cheap, there is nothing I should complain at all.

Another thing I have noticed is that Nero official web site does not have a user
    forum area for their user to share their experience. Probably it is not a good
    idea to have a such area if the product is not good enough.
    Quote Quote  
  5. @ShibaInu, do you want a cookie? You may not of had problems with Nero to this point like many others, and your DVD-R/+R's may very well work with your standalone, but what happens a year or so from now if/when your standalone doesn't work any longer? I don't want something that will play in certain standalone players, but more like in "most." A lot of people have posted frustration about Nero's bullshit software/updates and of course I'm pissed..I've created way too many coasters. I need software that is consistent. Not a version that is MONTHS OLDER that seems to work, and then have a BRAND NEW RELEASE come out, only to find that prior functions don't work and coasters become seemingly inevitable. I am sick of Nero and as the other two posters have posted...RECORDNOWMAX WORKS LIKE A CHAMP! It's not some crap that works sometimes and not others. It's not some joke of a software like Nero which in unstable and inconsistent. It is software that serves its purpose and creates PERFECT DVD+R/-R's without a hitch each and EVERY TIME! At least it has up until this point. It doesn't take any more then a chimpanzee with 10% of a brain to figure out if on one hand you have ONE person here and there has great success with a product like Nero while Five have major problems with that same product...and on the other hand, you have 5 out of 5 people or 100% that have RECORDNOWMAX, and have NEVER had a problem....the Chimp is gonna choose RecordNowMax. I have read countless posts of people and their frustrations with Nero, while I have NOT COME ACROSS A SINGLE POST with ANYONE complaining or bashing RecordNowMax. There must be a damn good reason why. Some of those reasons are mentioned in this very thread. Nero is beaten down...RecordNowMax is the New Undisputed DVD Recording Champion of the World! Now I must get back to business and get RecordNowMax ready to RRRRRUUMMMMBLLLEE!!!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ShibaInu
    With version 5.5.9.17, the only problem I ever had was doing a DVD copy with a DVD+R but other than that it worked great.
    Shortly after getting my Sony DRU500A I burned the same compilation three times in Nero on 3 different types of media. In my Pioneer 444 player, they all work fine. In two of my friends DVD players (Raite & Apex), the DVD-R & DVD-RW play flawlessly. The DVD+R plays flawlessly except for the final chapter.
    In my case, the problem is not Nero, but the DVD+R disc. I don't know if it is the +R format itself or the brand (Memorex).
    Quote Quote  
  7. i have tried using nero since the early days of the program, and now i have given up on it with dvd burning, try to get alittle tech help with nero. recordnow max initializes faster and no media costers/ issues
    Quote Quote  
  8. Greeting everybody,

I have a lot of problems with nero version 5.5.9.17, and i have just installed today the newer version, but my experience with the nero 5.5.9.17, tells me that in 10 DVD copies only about 2 donít freeze and hang in the latest chapters when I play them in my home player, a thomsom dth-5220. I always have used nero for CD-R copies but my experience with nero in DVD copies is just terrible. I saw some of your posts and I will test the recordnowmax, if it works, nero will vanishes out of my pc. I have tested a lot of methods in my dvd backups, Dvddecrypter, Smartriper, Ifoedit, Rempeg, DVD maestro, and i always thought that this problem was caused by some bad conjunction or configuration of some of this programs, but i used the best guides in the doom9 and so far the problem always had persisted. So I finally had tried to copy some DVD backup that has run perfectly in my home player, and the only thing I had used it was the nero with udf 1.02, but one more time the same shit has happened to me, it freezes in the latest chapters. So i really think this is a nero problem. I donít want to believe that my pioneer 105 and some TDK, WORLDGATE and PRINCO Media have some problem. Because of that I started get focused on nero, my hope was that the newer version could resolve this problem, but i am seeing that some of you have already done the test for me, so Nero will became part of history in DVD Burn.
    Quote Quote  
  9. The DVD+R plays flawlessly except for the final chapter.
    In my case, the problem is not Nero, but the DVD+R disc. I don't know if it is the +R format itself or the brand (Memorex).

@Jwhitlow, read my previous post or two. The problem is not with the (+) Format, but rather with Nero itself. I noticed the last chapter issue FORTUNATELY before it was too late and I had several coasters. Once I used the VERY SAME DVD (+) Format with RecordNowMax, it worked PERFECTLY! The last chapter played exactly like the first chapter. Could I of just purchased DVD-R's, and continued to use that piece of shit software called Nero....sure...maybe....but why? Now I can purchase "-" or (+) and not even think twice about having a problem when it comes to burning. The bottom line here? NERO SUCKS! PERIOD.

Quote Quote  
  10. The DVD+R plays flawlessly except for the final chapter.

@Jwhitlow, read my previous post or two. The problem is not with the (+) Format, but rather with Nero itself. I noticed the last chapter issue FORTUNATELY before it was too late and I had several coasters. Once I used the VERY SAME DVD (+) Format with RecordNowMax, it worked PERFECTLY! The last chapter played exactly like the first chapter. Could I of just purchased DVD-R's, and continued to use that piece of shit software called Nero....sure...maybe....but why? Now I can purchase "-" or (+) and not even think twice about having a problem when it comes to burning. The bottom line here? NERO SUCKS! PERIOD.
    Quote Quote  
  11. For some reason Nero fails the burn at or near the last chapter on my +/-R DVD media whereas RecordNow doesn't. I couldn't burn on to any cheap media (+ or -R) using Nero 5.5.9.17. I have a Sony DRX500ul.
    Thanks to PEI_Tech's post on the Afterdawn forum, I'm Using RecordNow, and although it adds an extra step, I'm now getting 100% success. I start with DVDXCopy 1.3 (one disc at a time), standard setting, burn with NERO (full version) on to a +RW disc, and then do a copy of it with RecordNow on to whatever +/-R media I have available (Fuji, Verbatim, Accu, you name it, they all burn - RecordNow works every time). They also play in all my DVD standalone players and all my PC DVD players. It's hard to beat the price of Accu in bulk (Meritline.com). Hello RecordNow, goodbye coasters$$$.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's been quite a while since I updated Nero and it appears the latest isn't very good, I found a few lingering copies online of version 55917 (12.7MB) but I also see a few 559171 (12.0MB) dated just a few days after 55917. Anyone know the difference?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by rma155
    For some reason Nero fails the burn at or near the last chapter on my +/-R DVD media whereas RecordNow doesn't. I couldn't burn on to any cheap media (+ or -R) using Nero 5.5.9.17. I have a Sony DRX500ul.
    Thanks to PEI_Tech's post on the Afterdawn forum, I'm Using RecordNow, and although it adds an extra step, I'm now getting 100% success. I start with DVDXCopy 1.3 (one disc at a time), standard setting, burn with NERO (full version) on to a +RW disc, and then do a copy of it with RecordNow on to whatever +/-R media I have available (Fuji, Verbatim, Accu, you name it, they all burn - RecordNow works every time). They also play in all my DVD standalone players and all my PC DVD players. It's hard to beat the price of Accu in bulk (Meritline.com). Hello RecordNow, goodbye coasters$$$.
    Can you tell me what are the stepps to burn a dvd with RecordNow, I haven't found an HowTo and can't find the post your talking about in the afterdawn Forum and they don't have a search engine for the forums
    [-Neoh*-]|[-Cheers-]
    Quote Quote  
  14. @Bondiablo, the difference between the two versions of Nero you are referring to is that one of them is "actually" 5.5.9.17.1, while the other is truly 5.5.9.17. Nero is so pathetic you can't even tell which version you really have because they both tell you they are the exact same...but the truth is that they are very different. 5.5.9.17.1 will have problems with closing sessions with certain media, while the OLDER version will NOT! If you are thinking about d/l'ing ANY Nero software, I heavily suggest you read this thread...or else GOOD LUCK!

@Neoh, it is very simple to burn with RecordNowMax. You just hit the data tab and add an Audio_TS and Video_TS folder, hit burn and WHOALA! No worries about the first chapter, or the second chapter, or the middle chapters, or the last chapter!
    Quote Quote  
  15. ok i ll try cause I got 2 DVDs that causes trouble on the last chapter and i think it is nero related.
    [-Neoh*-]|[-Cheers-]
    Quote Quote  
  16. Strange to hear that a lot of people are having problems with Nero. I have used it for a couple of years now and I always update as soon as there are any new version on the Nero homepage and have never had any problems with it. But when it comes to RecordNow I have had a minor problems like it does not burn DVD+R (2.4x) att full speed I just get 1x.

But still I like Nero better since it has an userfriendly interface, and yeah I know that RecordNow has a good one too but I like Nero.

By the way I have actually never had any problems with Nero burning CD-R/RW. I have done somerwhere around 800-1000 CDs and not one Coaster (this might be the burners that does it, Plextor 12/10/32A).

Recently I had some problems with DVD+R media and it didn't help to switch program, they started skipping and pausing in the end chapters no matter what.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Thanks Defense. I skipped the interim step and just record with RecordNow. No need to use Nero to burn.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I'm glad I'm still using version 5.5.4.0
    Quote Quote  
  19. Where can i find recordnowmax? Does anyone have a link, i also am having trouble with nero, it doesnt even write anything to my dvd+rw, also it always makes an image no matter what before it records. I cant even put any files onto my dvd's, is there an explination?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Although RecordNow comes with Sony DRU/DRX500 drives its made by Veritas and distributed widely - try

http://www.stompinc.com/recordnowmax/index.phtml?stp
    Quote Quote  
  21. I got the same problem with Veritas, the movie stops before the end, and my DVD player goes nuts. I did as usual (burned 2 DVDs right) I'm thinking it is the media, before I record it on a DVD+ or - R I always burn it on the Sony DVD+RW recieved with my burner (Sony DRU-500a) cause the first couple of times I messed up. But i'm starting to think that my DVD+RW didn't support the multiple rewrittings. I'm trying a DVD+R right now to check if I got the same problem.

@bacardi/avt

My Sony DRU-500a is burning DVD+R at full speed right now (4x) with veritas software as nero couldn't do it over 2.4x

PS: I use Philips DVD+R certified 1-2.4x that I bought @ carrefour at a bit less than 7 Ä/piece, and more, they come in a DVD case allready

EDIT: I just tested the DVD+R on my player and got no problems. so i'll stick with veritas RecNow
    [-Neoh*-]|[-Cheers-]
    Quote Quote  
  22. For those that don't know which version they have...

How can I tell if I have Nero 5.5.9.17.0 or 5.5.9.17.1 ?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Neho,

I haven't tested RecordNow in a while since I am waiting to get my new burner (Sony DRU-500) and the version I used was actually a bit old so maybe I will switch program when I get the new burner.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    NERO SUCKS
    Quote Quote  
  25. @Marvel, perfect summary to this entire thread! @rma155, no problem, make sure you put the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS in uppercase. When I typed it initially in this thread, I typed it in lowercase, but it should be in uppercase or you could have problems. @Bacardi/Avt, I seriously doubt you could only burn at 1x with RecordNowMax. What probably happened is that when you started to burn you looked at the time and noticed that it said something like close to an hour and it showed you 1x. Sometimes it will do that, but almost immediately after, it will adjust to the disk and the time will go down to around 20 minutes or so, and it will show "max" in the recording speed section. More times then not it will show you "max" speed instantly, but sometimes it appears to start out for a few mere seconds at 1x, but then it's off to the races! Incidentally, the very first DVD+RW I burned with RecordNowMax showed me 1x at 55 minutes or so, and I immediately cancelled. I I should of been a little more patient, because I found out after experimenting later, that the time quickly adjusts, and more importantly, ZERO COASTERS! NERO TRULY DOES SUCK!
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is it really that hard to click on UDF DVD instead of DVD Video?

I have Nero 5.5.10. and I just use the UDF DVD option and I have no problems.

Actually, I had big problems w/ 5.5.9.17, like every third disk, it would mess up closing the disk.

If you think about it, I'd rather have the DVD Video bug because I can easily work around it.
    Quote Quote  
  27. It looks like more and more people will start using RecordNowMax now. Maybe we will get some negative experience too . I think that part of the reasons behind all the problems with Nero is that there is much more useres using Nero then anything else to burn. As result, there is higher probability that somthing will go wrong with all the different combonations of burbers, OS, hardware, media and methods of burning.

Just to finish my post... Yes... I believe that there is somethong wrong in Nero latest releases . But I use version 5.5.9.17.0 (or original, before Nov 6th 5.5.9.17) and I burned all type of media +/- R/RW and all worked. Good luck to all of you and I might take little bit closer look at RecordNowMax (but DX version) for now.
    Quote Quote  
  28. @ Greg12, thanks for the info on the higher standard for Verbatim disks on the writer forum. As far as this topic goes, this thread or topic has very little, if not anything, to do with choosing a specific burning option in Nero. It is more geared to the many bugs within Nero software. My standalone has read every format I have thrown at it from CVD, TO XVCD, to all forms of DVD's, and when I started using Nero, I ALWAYS chose the DVD VIDEO option, however, when the version was upgraded to 5.5.10, I could no longer choose the DVD VIDEO option without getting errors. People knew of this error before and posted topics and options of using a UDF option as an alternative. But because I never had a problem choosing DVD VIDEO, I continued to choose it, only to find out that it no longer worked with the NEWEST VERSION of Nero. At least not on DVD+R media. I don't use much DVD-R because I prefer the DVD+R and the +R Verbatim that I buy burn faster. There are a TON of other problems with Nero, and because of the price of DVD Blanks, I believe their should honestly be some type of class action law suit against Nero for their Flawed software. People spend the money on software that is supposed to work, they get free upgrades, only to find that the upgrades are constantly getting worse and worse. It's ridiculous for people to have to search for versions from ancient history to find one that is compatible. When a new version is released, EVERY OTHER FUNCTION in the previous versions should work the same, IF NOT BETTER, and other bugs known should be resolved. Not the other way around, where a new release is made public, and one bug MAY be fixed, such as the closing session issue well documented, while a slew of other bugs/errors arise. It's ridiculous to say the least. Using RecordNowMax, I have not had a single coaster, and either have most others. In addition, I can use the + or - format without having to worry which one is compatible with what options. NERO IS A JOKE!
    Quote Quote  
  29. Hi, i already posted problems with nero 5.5.10 on the 24th of december. See http://www.vcdhelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDnameid=191&Search=Search&#comments for the posting. I had the same problems with other dvd players that couldn't play dvd burned with 5.5.10, my brothers brand new sony dvd (DAV-S880), my freinds Home Electronics slimline, My neighbour's player all couldn't play dvd's burned with 5.5.10 like my own NAD T550, but they al can play dvd's burned with 5.5.9.17

I don't have any problems with nero 5.5.9.17 and w2k with sp3. so i will burn with nero 5.5.9.17 untill nero releases a good bugfree new version.

enjoy
    Quote Quote  
  30. well i got my own horror story with the new version of nero not only can my dvd player not play any dvdr's burned with it but it can not play any vcd's or svcd's either guess its time to go back to a older working version
    Quote Quote