VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. 8)

Hi, I have been recording with Nero 5.5.10 and SONY DRU500A (firmware v1.0f) using PRINCO DVD-R 2x / Lead Data 2x and I never got that kind of errors. All of them (about 5-6 DVDs) played great, including the last chapter!

I read everything about NERO but it was one of the first to have upgrade to support my recorder (I was one of the first persons to have SONY DRU500A). Nero has lots of upgrades which is very good - that doesn´t mean lots bugs, but lots of support and improvements!

I have been using NERO and it remains my first choice for recording software - very stable and versatile
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hmmm, I was trying to backup my ex-rental copy of Ali as it has scratches etc. After finally getting a good rip of the video and audio, my burn on +RW played fine until about chapter 10 and then the player went crazy trying to read the disc. This happened on both the Sony DRU500 I burnt it with as well as my settop player.

So I noticed some marks on the edges of the disc and thought it might be because of that. I burnt to a different +RW and the problem appeared in a different chapter, but also towards the end of the disc. Again I assumed it was because the RW was marked, so I went ahead and burnt to DVD+R. It played OK except for a few slight pauses.

Tonight after reading all the issues people have been having, I burnt the same files to the same +RW disc using RecordNow Max and guess what - not a single problem!

I know this is a VERY limited test, but it looks like I will also be giving Nero a miss from now on. In the past I have not had any issues that I could attribute to Nero, and I've been using 5.5.9.17 (not sure if it's .0 or .1), but now I'll be giving RecordNow a good workout.....

Peka + Drugs =
    Quote Quote  
  3. Looks like 90% of the people complaining about nero problems have
    that junk burner from sony.

I've been using nero .10 since it came out and have burned at least 10
    DVD's on my pioneer on ritek media. Zero problems.

Don't blame nero for having some issues supporting sonys bug ridden burner. Nero is and will continue to be the best burning software out there.

-d
    Quote Quote  
  4. Funny, Nero doesn't list the Sony DRU/DRX 500 DVD writers in their supported recorder list:

http://www.nero.com/en/index.html#c1034059030144

So it's likely they don't test their releases with the new SONY drives. Too bad, I've always liked Nero. I'll go back to it when they fix it - i'm certain they will.

For now, i'm forced to use RecordNow because, since it comes with the Sony drive, it's been optimized and tested to work with Sony. And guess what - it works consitently (and I can't afford any more coasters$$!).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Looks like 90% of the people complaining about nero problems have
    that junk burner from sony.

I've been using nero .10 since it came out and have burned at least 10
    DVD's on my pioneer on ritek media. Zero problems.

Don't blame nero for having some issues supporting sonys bug ridden burner. Nero is and will continue to be the best burning software out there.

The Sony Burners are the best, most versatile burners on the market. Nero is shitty software, plain and simple! I don't know any other software that continuously has upgrades which are more like downgrades. As far as your 90% figure goes, I'm not sure what studies you have done to get that number, it is much lower then that, and I've seen countless posts with people who use Pioneer, Cendyne, and other burners, but Nero causes them coasters sooner or later. These problems are mainly with DVD+R media and the newest version of Nero, NOT real burning software, such as RecordNowMax. As i've said before, and will say once again, I have read/heard COUNTLESS PEOPLE BASH NERO, but I have yet to hear A SINGLE PERSON BASH RECORDNOWMAX. I wonder why that is. No, actually, I know why that is. I can't wait to hear some of the people who praise Nero because they feel good that is works on "their" particular standalone player..but wait until they have to get another standalone player....hahahaa.....I don't have to worry about using a variety of a ton of different modes like DVD VIDEO, UDF THIS, UDF THAT, ISO THIS, 1.02 THAT, 1.5 THIS....I hit the data tab, and BAMMM!! RECORDNOWMAX IS #1.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Let's stop the flames or we'll lock the topic.
    Panasonic DMR-ES45VS, keep those discs a burnin'
    Quote Quote  
  7. @ Kitty, I'm not sure I understand what the problem is, or as you put it "flames" are? Noone is flaming anyone. People have their opinons, and just like another body part I won't mention, everyone seems to have one. My SOLE purpose of this thread was to make people aware of the MANY FLAWS in Nero and try and help them prevent making coasters as I did. I think that is what this site is geared for. Not just taking information, but helping and assiting others when you know something does or doesn't work. If some people want to continue to praise Nero, that is fine, but I won't read that without supplying the facts. Some of the facts being that countless people have complained and bashed nero for many coasters, while I have not read a single post of ANYONE complaining about RecordNowMax not working regularly. You don't have to upgrade twice a weak, or downgrade I should say, twice a weak with RecordNowMax, as you do with Nero. At any rate, you should allow people to express their opinions, as long as their isn't vulgar content being displayed against one another. If everyone in this world agreed on everything, many things would be very bland, and many things would not exist. This forum would probably be one of them. Self-Expression makes the world go round. With that being said, NERO SUCKS!

RECORDNOWMAX #1
    Quote Quote  
  8. defense, create POLL to see how many users use Nero and how many RocordNowDX (that is one that came with Sony... not MAX) with succes or not (I am not sure how to ask rught questions).

By saying "Nero sucks" (even that it might be true) you are making people react stronger if they like it. As I said before... I never saw program or piece of hardware that worked for everybody and never crashed. And almost all support people don't know anything (there are exeptions). I work for big company and our products have bugs and support sucks... I am not saying that it is allright, but.... well... don't "suck"...

And for everybody that is starting to write that somthing is realy not working... please, be specific... maybe it is just your combination (hardware, sofware, versions, drivers or method). How would you otherwise explain that it works for somebody else ?

If it didn't make sence what was I talking about then just ignore it Don't shoot....
    Quote Quote  
  9. @donepedro, I understand where you are coming from regarding people who like Nero, but you, as well as many others, are missing the point. The point is NOT to bash Nero and say it sucks, although that is what I believe. The point was to make people aware of the problems so it could save them time and money with coasters. I think if you read the posts here, you have many more people who have had countless coasters with Nero, then any other burning software, and it is very frustrating. I have said it before, and will say it again, I have NOT heard a single person Bash or say that RECORDNOWMAX has given them coasters. That says A LOT! If you or anyone can link a thread where RecordNowMax has been said to give problems, please do. Many people use Nero, and Many people have problems, while many people use RecordNowMax, and to my knowledge, noone has had a coaster due to RecordNowMax software. When you think about it, why in the world would people want to have to continously be bothered with upgrades which have more bugs then previous versions, where people have to hunt for versions which are from the past, and when they find that previous version, they can't even tell what it is. Nero 5.5.17 and 5.5.17.1 show as both 5.5.17, when in fact, the latter has many more known bugs then the former. If that isn't enough, people have to continously experiment with a variety of different burning modes from UDF/ ISO, DVD Video, DVD ROm, etc..etc..etc.....any of these things alone would be enough to say Nero Sucks in my opinion, but ALL OF THESE THINGS COMBINED, JUSTIFY IT! It's hard to believe people actually pay for that software when it is no better then a newly introduced beta. As far as RecordNowDX goes, that is different software which I never installed, I am referring to Stomp/Veritas RecordNowMAX. Extremely easy to use, no coasters, and a no brainer to choose over any other burning software.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How many of you with Nero problems have the latest ASPI drivers? Not to beat a dead horse, but that has fixed a lot of problems of late.

http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/driverdetail.html?sess=no&cat=/Product/ASPI-4...=aspi_v471.exe

Older Driver, CDRW is 8x, new driver, it's 52x24x52, and can burn numerous media 16x-32x media at 52x. My drive isn't in the supported list, but the manufacturer said it's 100% Certified with Nero. DVDR drive was the same way, flaky before and no coasters since(albeit only a 1x).
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Gazorgan
    How many of you with Nero problems have the latest ASPI drivers?
    I do . Since begining of my DVD burning experience.

defense, I didn't pay for Nero (with CD burner) or RecordNowDX (with DVD burner). And you might be right. Maybe I will create poll one day with question who is using what to burn DVD.....
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by defense
    I have said it before, and will say it again, I have NOT heard a single person Bash or say that RECORDNOWMAX has given them coasters. That says A LOT! If you or anyone can link a thread where RecordNowMax has been said to give problems, please do.
    Here we go....

RecordMax Now problems
    Quote Quote  
  13. Well I tried recordnow today after reading this post and the dvd-rw burned fine but will not play on my dvd player and it is an apex 1100 and it plays everything I have thrown at it......nero plays with no problems ...any body got any suggestions on what I may have done wrong...plays on computer but not on standalone
    Quote Quote  
  14. Forgot to add the audio_ts and the Video t_s. I had just added the vobs and the ifos and the bups. added the 2 above mentioned folders and now plays fine on my standalone.
    Quote Quote  
  15. I don't know why but I've never had a problem with Nero. I have a Pioneer A04 and use Ritek media at 2x and I've burned 58 straight succesful different movies.
    I know that when I first was getting in to this hobbie I made a lot of coasters, but most of the time it was my fault. I tried RecordNowMax but I had problems using that. Of course I didn't what a ifo or bup file were than either. Since Nero works for me I don't have any reason to use anything else
    Except for DVD-5 DVDDecrpyter combo. Ya gotta love clicking 2 buttons and having a dvd!
    -Caleb
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    "IamCaleb" You have to be a miracle worker. According to the "Executive Post on Nero problems" added to this forum just after your last post, there are all kinds of problems with Nero's new release.

Since your's is working great, maybe you would help the rest of us and give us the details of;
    1. What version of Nero do you use.
    2. What settings are used, UDF, ISO,???
    3. Explain how you do this with two clicks?
    4. What software do you use to rip the dVD in one click
    5. I also have not seen 58 DVD's that are single sided. How did you split
    them.
    We anxiously await your reply.
    "Technology",...It's what keeps us all moving forward.
    Quote Quote  
  17. I use Nero 5.5.9.0 and select the following
    DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO)
    Under Multisession tab ...
    No Multisession
    ISO tab...
    ISO Level 2 (Max. of 31 characters)
    Character Set = ISO 9660
    uncheck all other options under ISO
    UDF tab...
    Physical partition
    UDF 1.02

For DVD-5 use DVDDecrypter
    Select mode ISO read and hit the big button to create an ISO file on your hardrive. When it's done switch over to ISO write and hit the big button. That's it!
    I have yet to come across a dual sided dvd (other than widescreen on once side fullscreen on the other) and those are normally dvd-5 on each side, so you just choose one or the other.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    "Iamcaleb" Thanks for the quick reply. These are different settings that others have defined. Most all of them say that it must be ISO level 1, not 2, and to not check anything about the characters.

In Decryptor, I've always used "File" mode,.. so I will try the ISO mode. Also, when you say switch over, I assume you are refuring to Nero and selection of UDF/ISO mode and then going through the process of selecting the correct option and then hitting "Write" If the options were set on previous operation, they should remain the same again,... in this way you can create the DVD with just selecting the mode and hitting "Write". I will give it a try,... as nothing else will work for me. I had Nero 5.5.9.8, which is more up to date than your,... but this could be the problem. I just got through updating it to 5.5.9.17 because the other level crashed when I tried to do an erase of a DVD+RW.

Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  19. I just listed the options that I have selected in NERO. It's working fine for me.

You can actually write DVDs in DVD Decrypter. You might need to update to a newer version. But under mode - IS0 - you can select either read or write.
    -Caleb
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have version 3.1.4.0 of Decryptor. I've ripped a DVD in ISO mode, but I could not find any option to write.. I'll look again. Also, when I rip in any mode, it does not generate the Video_TS.IFO file, and Nero needs these to burn. Doesn't Decryptor need the same files.
    Quote Quote  
  21. If you are using ISO mode, it will only write one ISO image file. Note that it's ISO not IFO mode. Under mode ISO there is both a read option and a write option. Use the read to create an ISO file on to your hardrive. Use the write mode to burn that image to a disc.

If you are using file mode be sure to select all files (by hitting ctrl+a, or edit - select all) when ripping. By default only the main movie files are selected. This should solve the problem with the Video_TS.IFO file.
    -Caleb
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'll give it a try. I hear there is a new version of Decryptor available. I will download that first.
    Quote Quote  
  23. I use Nero 5.5.9.0 and select the following
    DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO)
    Under Multisession tab ...
    No Multisession
    ISO tab...
    ISO Level 2 (Max. of 31 characters)
    Character Set = ISO 9660
    uncheck all other options under ISO
    UDF tab...
    Physical partition
    UDF 1.02

For DVD-5 use DVDDecrypter
    Select mode ISO read and hit the big button to create an ISO file on your hardrive. When it's done switch over to ISO write and hit the big button. That's it!
    I have yet to come across a dual sided dvd (other than widescreen on once side fullscreen on the other) and those are normally dvd-5 on each side, so you just choose one or the other.

@IAMCALEB, it is working for you now. Wait until you have to eventually get another standalone sooner or later. GOOD LUCK!
    Quote Quote  
  24. Hey ! defense ! You scared me.... Your quotation is all wrong !!! Now it looks like you are using Nero... and as we all know you hate Nero... Uff ! It took me some time to realize that it is just error in quoting...
    Quote Quote  
  25. I was somewhat worried that my discs might be compatible with all players, but I've burning movies for people at work lately and it seems to work on Playstation2, 2 different sony standalones, and a toshiba standalone.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by defense
    @donepedro, I understand where you are coming from regarding people who like Nero, but you, as well as many others, are missing the point. The point is NOT to bash Nero and say it sucks, although that is what I believe. The point was to make people aware of the problems so it could save them time and money with coasters. I think if you read the posts here, you have many more people who have had countless coasters with Nero, then any other burning software, and it is very frustrating. I have said it before, and will say it again, I have NOT heard a single person Bash or say that RECORDNOWMAX has given them coasters. That says A LOT! If you or anyone can link a thread where RecordNowMax has been said to give problems, please do. Many people use Nero, and Many people have problems, while many people use RecordNowMax, and to my knowledge, noone has had a coaster due to RecordNowMax software. When you think about it, why in the world would people want to have to continously be bothered with upgrades which have more bugs then previous versions, where people have to hunt for versions which are from the past, and when they find that previous version, they can't even tell what it is. Nero 5.5.17 and 5.5.17.1 show as both 5.5.17, when in fact, the latter has many more known bugs then the former. If that isn't enough, people have to continously experiment with a variety of different burning modes from UDF/ ISO, DVD Video, DVD ROm, etc..etc..etc.....any of these things alone would be enough to say Nero Sucks in my opinion, but ALL OF THESE THINGS COMBINED, JUSTIFY IT! It's hard to believe people actually pay for that software when it is no better then a newly introduced beta. As far as RecordNowDX goes, that is different software which I never installed, I am referring to Stomp/Veritas RecordNowMAX. Extremely easy to use, no coasters, and a no brainer to choose over any other burning software.
    I didn't read the entire thread, but I saw your post, when I did a search (on Nero and Stomp) and I have had the same experiences as above:
    Stomp worked fine, whereas Nero (at least the previous one) had problems with DVD video.
    I must say that the new Nero is better, but still has problems making discs that work with my Apex.

I am going to test my Stomp discs on brand new DVD players in stores tonight, just to make sure that I should continue to use Stomp, since I will eventually need a new DVD player, and I don't want to be limited in my choices, because I chose software (Nero e.g.) that makes discs that only SOME home DVD players can read/play.

As you say, if anyone has a DVD player that will NOT play Stomp DVD video discs (but that is capable of reading/playing DVD recordable media of course), I would like to know. I also would't mind hearing all the success stories (in terms of models of home players that work fine).
    Maybe based onthat, I won't even need to check my discs on newer players.

All three of mine (Toshiba, Apex and Xbox) do play Stomp discs.

Nero discs, however, play on either the Apex, but not the other two OR on the other two but not the Apex, depending on settings and version used!!
    Go figure. It seems 5.5.10 is better than previous versions, where only the Apex would play them, I didn't try every possible setting (UDF/ISO versus just ISO e.g.) however...
    Quote Quote  
  27. I used Nero for several yeard burning CD-R with no problem but I do agree I think it has problems w/ DVD's. I managed to finally burn one DVD+RW and played ok on one player but none others. I burned a DVD+r and no luck at all! AHH! After reviewing everyones comments about RecordNow Max that seemed like the way to go. So I gave it a shot and so far no luck. Every time I try to burn a movie it spits out the disc and tells me to inset a blank one. It's a new disc. I've burned small amounts of data ok just to test it out but anything in the 3-4GB range it always tells me to put in a blank disk. Am I doing it wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Nero works perfectly for me.. both x.9.17 and x.10

I've burned probably 60 DVDR's in the last month or so, not a single
    coaster yet.

I've even burned both a DVDR and a CDR (have a plextor in the machine
    as well) at the sametime, which is probably not the best thing to do and still no problems.

-d
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by donpedro
    defense, create POLL to see how many users use Nero and how many RocordNowDX (that is one that came with Sony... not MAX) with succes or not (I am not sure how to ask rught questions).

By saying "Nero sucks" (even that it might be true) you are making people react stronger if they like it. As I said before... I never saw program or piece of hardware that worked for everybody and never crashed. And almost all support people don't know anything (there are exeptions). I work for big company and our products have bugs and support sucks... I am not saying that it is allright, but.... well... don't "suck"...

And for everybody that is starting to write that somthing is realy not working... please, be specific... maybe it is just your combination (hardware, sofware, versions, drivers or method). How would you otherwise explain that it works for somebody else ?

If it didn't make sence what was I talking about then just ignore it Don't shoot....
    Start a poll good idea, Nero did not come with the drive so ask your self why. Nero has options for a reason. But like donpedro said if we ask mabey it is simple just something else effecting it. I just looked at all the post not this topic but others and recordnow has problems on some system too. But also Defense I am glad u started this now we know thier is a problem and we can email nero and get it fixed. I would say if we asked recordnow is not known to most poeple. I asked at work and no one even heard of it but they all new Nero. so it is hard to say recordnow has a perfect program, when nero is the most widely used. But at least I can be sure if nero messes up I can use recordnow. Anyway that is what I have all my friend going to so we can see if it has bugs. Only the future holds the answer.
    Quote Quote  
  30. OK... I created that POLL.... maybe not best one, but nobody else did so her it is :

What do you use mostly to BURN DVD-Video without problems ?
    Quote Quote