VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Deciding which one to yank out. Any advantage to having a DVD Rom with a DVD R/W? Prefer keeping the CD R/W installed since wife is used to using it, but if there are major advantages to using DVD rom with DVD r/w, then I will pull it.

thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The only thing i can think of is if your into ripping dvd's the dvd writer probably wont be able to rip as fast as your dvd-rom. The cd-rw also may be faster at burning cd's then the dvd-rw drive.

Its all personnel choice

hope that helps
    Quote Quote  
  3. I agree w/ 87path.

When I put in my Sony 500a I initially kept my CD-R/W in but found that rip speeds were 1/2 of what they were with the DVD-ROM on the 500a. I took out the CD burner and put the DVD-ROM back in.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Put dvd rom or dvd writer in firewire or usb 2.0 external case. Then you can burn dvd disc at disc to disc mode. do this only if you have firewire or usb 2.0.
    Quote Quote