VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have about 140 Football videos that i want to convert to a VCD format. While i have converted some, that look pretty good, I am wondering how i can, w/ TMPG cut out a half hour that i dont want?

1. should i just continue to guess the conversion rate of my capture to VCD format in order to get in onto a 700 MB CD?

2. Is there a conversion rate or scale that i should know about? (like 80 mins of video = 700 MB, in CD format)?

3. is there some way to edit without having to use dazzle? (in other words, with TMPG?)

4. Is there anyway to convert to VCD faster than i have been? (it takes about 3 hours of conversion now)

thanks for any help, please ignore any spelling errors!
    DEAN
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can cut and join with TMPGEnc without loss. It apparently won't cut them perfectly where you ask it to because of the way the compression work with key frames or something of the sort. You can also join .mpgs together the same way. As far as I know this process is pretty seemless. This doesn't actually recompress anything so you shouldn't have any problems with losing quality or it taking time to do it.

As far as time for making .mpgs it takes me about 4:30 to do a 24 minute video. Short of getting a faster CPU or sacrificing video quality (fast processing with TMPGEnc) there's not much you can do.
    Quote Quote  
  3. that is interesting, because i am going a little faster than that. I get about 80 mins done in 4 hours and 30 mins.

can you tell me exactly where in TMPG that one can cut the .mpg ? i found it one time weeks ago, and now it is like it has magically gone?????
    DEAN
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If it's hard to find it's in How To: Edit. The last place anyone thinks of looking.

Anyway this should explain everything: http://www.vcdhelp.com/tmpgencedit.htm
    Quote Quote  
  5. thanks so much for the help chopper!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    YO YO its in the MPEG TOOL's UNDER MERGE AND CUT

Quote Quote